Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The draft for Atlanta is very likely but I hope it doesn't happen that way. Our front 7 on DEF is probably the worst in football so I would hate to blow a first on a TE. In your scenario, I would prefer them to trade up to take Floyd (who I believe will go much higher) but if not, I would definitely take Ogletree. As for the second, it makes sense but Jesse Williams is so tempting. Outside of that, I think X. Rhodes and Warford will go much higher.
    Go Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by mgodbee View Post
    The draft for Atlanta is very likely but I hope it doesn't happen that way. Our front 7 on DEF is probably the worst in football so I would hate to blow a first on a TE. In your scenario, I would prefer them to trade up to take Floyd (who I believe will go much higher) but if not, I would definitely take Ogletree. As for the second, it makes sense but Jesse Williams is so tempting. Outside of that, I think X. Rhodes and Warford will go much higher.
    Doesn't Atlanta run a 4-3?

I find it interesting that you would want players who are a better fit for a 3-4 IMO.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

No Terrance Williams? I could see him going to the Vikes in the first (although I'm not thrilled about taking a first round WR) and I'd love for him to be around for us in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    I'd be happy with that for the Bears.
    Not the biggest Frederick fan (would prefer Thomas or Warford) in that situation but, despite other holes on the team, I don't think any Bear fan would complain about the Bears taking two OL in the first two rounds.

Upon 2nd look, I didn't notice Tavon going mid round 2 and if KC goes with Geno at #1, Tavon would be awfully tempting at the top of round 2. He's everything Dexter McCluster was supposed to be but isn't. This could especially be the case if they foolishly let Bowe go or don't otherwise replace his production in FA.

While I think Jesse Williams may go a bit higher, I'd be happy if my Niners managed to net him and Matt Elam in the first two rounds.
    CB: *Marcus Peters, WA; *Trae Waynes, MI St.; *Jalen Collins, LSU; Cam Thomas, W. KY; Julian Wilson, OK; Eric Murray, MN - OLB: Hau'oli Kikaha, WA - ILB: Denzel Perryman, Mia.; Eric Kendricks, UCLA; DE: *Shawn Oakman, Baylor; Henry Anderson, Stan.; *Xavier Cooper, WA St.; *Sheldon Day, N.D.; Travis Raciti, SJ St.; - NT: Danny Shelton, WA; S: Kurtis Drummund, MI St.; *Karl Joseph, WVA; *Durell Eskridge, Syra.; WR: *Jaelen Strong, AZ St.; Kasen Williams, WA; Kevin White, WVA; Geremy Davis, UConn

Nice job Nas.

From a Patriots perspective, I like the Trufant pick even though I'm one of very few who hasn't given up Dowling.
    Not so sure about Robinson although he could fit a need. Looking at that draft, I think I'd prefer Rambo. Double on DBs, re-sign Talib and now they have a secondary with some real potential.

Love the first round pick. In the 2nd I'd take Datone Jones as an interior 3 tech pass rusher and rotational end.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    I like Shoelace but I really, really, really hope if the Pats take a WR there that it's someone with some legit size that has a proven track record of actually catching the ball. If the season started tomorrow, Matt Slater and Jeremy Ebert would be our 2/3 WR's. Obviously FA will change that, but I'm really getting tired of watching other teams QB's having bigger margins of error than ours because they have huge fast WR's that can make plays on less-than-perfectly thrown balls down the field. This year they really need to finally hit on a WR the way they hit on a TE with Gronk and a pass rusher with Chandler Jones.
    Yah, you could argue they'd be better off playing it safer with a Wheaton type.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by hendersonsplow View Post
    Nice job Nas.

From a Patriots perspective, I like the Trufant pick even though I'm one of very few who hasn't given up Dowling.
    Not so sure about Robinson although he could fit a need. Looking at that draft, I think I'd prefer Rambo. Double on DBs, re-sign Talib and now they have a secondary with some real potential.
    Fair, but they need a CB either way. You don't have ot give upon Ras, but you can't count on him and you were exposed when Talib went out of the game.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    No Terrance Williams? I could see him going to the Vikes in the first (although I'm not thrilled about taking a first round WR) and I'd love for him to be around for us in the second.
    He's very raw, I tend to think he'll fall. Its certainly possible he'll go in the 2nd, don't get me wrong, but I just won't be surprised if he falls.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Mingo is too high IMO. He needs a monster combine to go that high. Didn't have a very good season IMO and his stock shouldn't be that high right now.

IMO Arizona needs to take the OT. Their OL is unbelievably putrid and Glennon isn't the type of guy you can stick back there and expect him to not get completely destroyed like their QBs did this past year.

Banks won't go that high unless he runs a 4.4 and I think most agree that he is likely to be around 4.5.
    I don't love Mingo, but I do think he'll blow up the combine and end up going that high. He has his issues, but look where guys like Poe and JPP went. He's that kind of talent and though he wasn't uber productive, he was pretty good and in the SEC, not Conference USA. I think someone will reach for him.

I'm with everyone on Arizona taking OL, but in the end, you don't pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one. Whether they will end up believing that Glennon is one is obviously debatable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin101 View Post
    Not the biggest Frederick fan (would prefer Thomas or Warford) in that situation but, despite other holes on the team, I don't think any Bear fan would complain about the Bears taking two OL in the first two rounds.
    Honestly, my next mock will probably have Frederick over Jones. He constantly grows on me.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Good job as always Nas.

Love the 1st rounder for Seattle and you're absolutely right in that Schnider and Carroll like the high upside guys. It definitely fits a need.

Not a huge fan of the second rounder. Malcolm Smith (formerly of USC) played very well (even better) than Hill and seems to be the natural replacement as he fits the speedy profile that Carroll likes in that spot.

Preferably, I'd like to move up in the second and grab a pass rusher as we can afford to sacrifice some picks/depth but I realize that kind of thing is hard to predict/mock.

Overall, good job.
    Its always hard to tell what no name late rounder Seattle might have in the developmental stages, I don't know Smith at all, but I have no problem believing he is the goods. I just think Thomas would be a good way to juice up their pass rush a bit. He's probably have his hand down opposite Irvin on pass downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Suspect Fisher will go higher. Cardinals would love him over the 2nd/3rd QB I think. Will bet heavily against Star going near that high come draft day. Screams overrated to me. Could probably comment on every pick but no time now. Great effort!
    I admit, I am not sure what to think of Star, nor am I sure what to do with Jacksonville. Always happy to hear more of your comments though. Star is the least talked about of the supposed top 5-10 guys right now, so I don't know if its because he's so solidly in or because there isn't enough worth talking about because he's not that good. DT is deep this year, so it does bring his value down a bit. Is he better than FLoyd or Richardson? I'm not sure yet

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast