We need something to talk about right?
1. KC - Geno Smith - I think this one is a lock unless his workouts and interviews are a disaster. He's the best fit for Reid's offense.
2. Jax - Star Lotulei - They need an anchor to build that defense around and he's probably the best defensive player around. They have some interesting rush ends that could be productive with a dominant DT drawing double teams in the middle.
3. Oakland - Bjoern Werner - A high motor pass rusher would be a great way to start rebuilding that defense. They could go Moore here, but Werner is more complete.
4. Philly - Luke Joeckel - I don't know what happens with Peters exactly, but they need to fix the OL and Joeckel is a long term solution at the most important spot. He's a Joe Thomas type. They go QB only if Geno is there IMO.
5. Detroit - Damontre Moore - They clearly believe in the wide 9. They just hired Jim Washburn after all. I don't love it, but if you are going to run it, you need some good speed rushers at DE. Moore is a fantastic fit. I like Millner a lot as an NFCN CB, but there are really good DBs available in the top of round 2 this year.
6. Cleveland - Barkevious Mingo - They want to run a 3-4 and Horton is best known for bringing heavy pressure all the time. Mingo's athleticism would be a welcome addition to this defense.
7. Arizona - Mike Glennon - His floor IMO. He's a great fit for Arians' deep passing offense. He has a nice security blanket in Fitzgerald to ease his transition too. They gotta figure out how to protect him now.
8. Buffalo - Tyler Wilson - They want a franchise QB and I think Wilson is capable of running Marrone's offense. They luck into their guy here.
9. NY Jets - Jarvis Jones - They've been lacking an explosvie pass rusher for a while and its the final piece to compliment their nice young DL and their great coverage corners.
10. Tennessee - Chance Warmack - I'm not moving off this one. I think its the best fit in the draft. THey've always prided themselves on good OLs before recently and they have too much invested in Johnson and Locker not to help them out. They can't have the worst interior line 3 years in a row. This guy is a potential HOFer, you never regret taking a player like that.
11. San Diego - Eric Fisher - THis one's a no brainer. They are LT desperate and he's a steal here.
12. Miami - Dee Millner - They need CBs badly and Millner probably shouldn't fall this far. THe QBs help push him down though, as does a potentially not so great 40 time.
13. Tampa Bay - Jonathan Banks - They need CB help and the word is they really like him. His size will be welcome against guys like Jones,Colston,White and Graham.
14. Carolina - Sylvester Williams - They need DT help badly and they go with the local kid who impressed at the senior bowl by a hair over Richardson. They'll have to find Cam weapons later.
15. New Orleans - Sheldon Richardson - They need help everywhere on the DL and Richardson is the best one available here. He'll fit even if they end up switching to the 3-4.
16. St.Louis - Kenny Vaccaro - Seems like he's rising, but he slips in this situation and St.Louis will be all over him if he's here. A dual threat S is exactly what they need to take that D to the next level. They'll have a secondary almost on par with Seattle's.
17. Pittsburgh - Ezekial Ansah - They like to stay loaded with pass rushers and they are the perfect situation for this kid to develop in. He won't be forced to start right away and he's got a great organization with great leaders around him.
18. Dallas - Eric Reid. THey have to find a S with some ball skills to make the Kiffin D work. If Pitt doesn't take Ansah though, they will.
19. NY Giants - Dion Jordan - I'm not as big on him as others, but the Giants like guys like him. He's got a little JPP and a little Kiwanuka in him.
20. Chicago - Lane Johnson - He's rising quickly and Chicago has to protect Cutler's blindside.
21. Cincinatti - Giovanni Bernard - Perhaps a reach, but they don't have a ton of needs and a big play RB could really take them to the next level. It sounds like they plan to spend a ton this offseason, so they shouldn't lose Johnson to free agency even if they extend Atkins.
22. St.Louis - Jonathan Cooper - They need to protect Bradford and though they'd prefer a LT, thats always tough to find at 16 or 22. Cooper is a stud and will help the run and pass games. I think they are probably ok at WR for now with Givens,Amendola and hopefully an emerging Quick.
23. Minnesota - Shariff FLoyd - They can get WR help in free agency or a later round. Their bread and butter has always been their DL and they can't let that fall apart. FLoyd is a very good scheme fit and would look nice next to Kevin Williams
24. Indy - Keenan Allen - Yes,they need defense, but they need WR help too IMO. Avery and Hilton dropped a ton of balls and Avery is a free agent. Plus they need to groom a new #1 for the near future when Wayne is done. Allen is a stud and a steal at this point. PLus Indy has a ton of cap space and can potentially address defense as well as LT in free agency.
25, Seattle - Cordarelle Patterson - They need a WR upgrade to help out Wilson, especially since I don't trust RIce's healthy. Plus you force Tate to the slot and that's another upgrade. Carroll likes upside guys like this.
26. Green Bay - Barrett Jones - The OL is an issue and Saturday looked pretty old out there. I think Jones fits their scheme and can really help bring that OL together. He could even end up at RT for them depending how things go, but I see him as a C.
27. Houston - Manti Te'o - I don't think he automatically falls this far, but I'm guessing he'll slip out of the top 15 and then its a matter of fit. They need help at the position with Cushing coming off the ACL and their other guys just not being very good.
28. Denver - Jonathan Hankins - I think a John Fox D needs a big nasty DT in the middle like this. He'll help keep the run D strong.
29. New England - Desmond Trufant - They may or may not re-sign Talib, but they still need CB depth IMO. Dowling is a bust and Mccourty is a S. I do like Dennard, but you need at least 3 good ones and they can't keep getting abused due to a piss poor secondary.
30. Atlanta - Zach Ertz - Sounds like Tony G is retiring and Ertz is a good fit to replace him. He's sound as both a blocker and receiver.
31. Baltimore - Alec Ogletree - They've long needed more speed and coverage ability at LB and Ogletree will be a big help there. He compliments Ellerbe well and there are enough leaders on that team to keep him on the right path.
32. San Francisco - Matt Elam - Whitner is aging and Golson might leave. Elam fits their hard hitting defensive style.