Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Nas mock, post senior bowl - 2 rounds with comments.

We need something to talk about right?

1. KC - Geno Smith - I think this one is a lock unless his workouts and interviews are a disaster. He's the best fit for Reid's offense.

2. Jax - Star Lotulei - They need an anchor to build that defense around and he's probably the best defensive player around. They have some interesting rush ends that could be productive with a dominant DT drawing double teams in the middle.

3. Oakland - Bjoern Werner - A high motor pass rusher would be a great way to start rebuilding that defense. They could go Moore here, but Werner is more complete.

4. Philly - Luke Joeckel - I don't know what happens with Peters exactly, but they need to fix the OL and Joeckel is a long term solution at the most important spot. He's a Joe Thomas type. They go QB only if Geno is there IMO.

5. Detroit - Damontre Moore - They clearly believe in the wide 9. They just hired Jim Washburn after all. I don't love it, but if you are going to run it, you need some good speed rushers at DE. Moore is a fantastic fit. I like Millner a lot as an NFCN CB, but there are really good DBs available in the top of round 2 this year.

6. Cleveland - Barkevious Mingo - They want to run a 3-4 and Horton is best known for bringing heavy pressure all the time. Mingo's athleticism would be a welcome addition to this defense.

7. Arizona - Mike Glennon - His floor IMO. He's a great fit for Arians' deep passing offense. He has a nice security blanket in Fitzgerald to ease his transition too. They gotta figure out how to protect him now.

8. Buffalo - Tyler Wilson - They want a franchise QB and I think Wilson is capable of running Marrone's offense. They luck into their guy here.

9. NY Jets - Jarvis Jones - They've been lacking an explosvie pass rusher for a while and its the final piece to compliment their nice young DL and their great coverage corners.

10. Tennessee - Chance Warmack - I'm not moving off this one. I think its the best fit in the draft. THey've always prided themselves on good OLs before recently and they have too much invested in Johnson and Locker not to help them out. They can't have the worst interior line 3 years in a row. This guy is a potential HOFer, you never regret taking a player like that.

11. San Diego - Eric Fisher - THis one's a no brainer. They are LT desperate and he's a steal here.

12. Miami - Dee Millner - They need CBs badly and Millner probably shouldn't fall this far. THe QBs help push him down though, as does a potentially not so great 40 time.

13. Tampa Bay - Jonathan Banks - They need CB help and the word is they really like him. His size will be welcome against guys like Jones,Colston,White and Graham.

14. Carolina - Sylvester Williams - They need DT help badly and they go with the local kid who impressed at the senior bowl by a hair over Richardson. They'll have to find Cam weapons later.

15. New Orleans - Sheldon Richardson - They need help everywhere on the DL and Richardson is the best one available here. He'll fit even if they end up switching to the 3-4.

16. St.Louis - Kenny Vaccaro - Seems like he's rising, but he slips in this situation and St.Louis will be all over him if he's here. A dual threat S is exactly what they need to take that D to the next level. They'll have a secondary almost on par with Seattle's.

17. Pittsburgh - Ezekial Ansah - They like to stay loaded with pass rushers and they are the perfect situation for this kid to develop in. He won't be forced to start right away and he's got a great organization with great leaders around him.

18. Dallas - Eric Reid. THey have to find a S with some ball skills to make the Kiffin D work. If Pitt doesn't take Ansah though, they will.

19. NY Giants - Dion Jordan - I'm not as big on him as others, but the Giants like guys like him. He's got a little JPP and a little Kiwanuka in him.

20. Chicago - Lane Johnson - He's rising quickly and Chicago has to protect Cutler's blindside.

21. Cincinatti - Giovanni Bernard - Perhaps a reach, but they don't have a ton of needs and a big play RB could really take them to the next level. It sounds like they plan to spend a ton this offseason, so they shouldn't lose Johnson to free agency even if they extend Atkins.

22. St.Louis - Jonathan Cooper - They need to protect Bradford and though they'd prefer a LT, thats always tough to find at 16 or 22. Cooper is a stud and will help the run and pass games. I think they are probably ok at WR for now with Givens,Amendola and hopefully an emerging Quick.

23. Minnesota - Shariff FLoyd - They can get WR help in free agency or a later round. Their bread and butter has always been their DL and they can't let that fall apart. FLoyd is a very good scheme fit and would look nice next to Kevin Williams

24. Indy - Keenan Allen - Yes,they need defense, but they need WR help too IMO. Avery and Hilton dropped a ton of balls and Avery is a free agent. Plus they need to groom a new #1 for the near future when Wayne is done. Allen is a stud and a steal at this point. PLus Indy has a ton of cap space and can potentially address defense as well as LT in free agency.

25, Seattle - Cordarelle Patterson - They need a WR upgrade to help out Wilson, especially since I don't trust RIce's healthy. Plus you force Tate to the slot and that's another upgrade. Carroll likes upside guys like this.

26. Green Bay - Barrett Jones - The OL is an issue and Saturday looked pretty old out there. I think Jones fits their scheme and can really help bring that OL together. He could even end up at RT for them depending how things go, but I see him as a C.

27. Houston - Manti Te'o - I don't think he automatically falls this far, but I'm guessing he'll slip out of the top 15 and then its a matter of fit. They need help at the position with Cushing coming off the ACL and their other guys just not being very good.

28. Denver - Jonathan Hankins - I think a John Fox D needs a big nasty DT in the middle like this. He'll help keep the run D strong.

29. New England - Desmond Trufant - They may or may not re-sign Talib, but they still need CB depth IMO. Dowling is a bust and Mccourty is a S. I do like Dennard, but you need at least 3 good ones and they can't keep getting abused due to a piss poor secondary.

30. Atlanta - Zach Ertz - Sounds like Tony G is retiring and Ertz is a good fit to replace him. He's sound as both a blocker and receiver.

31. Baltimore - Alec Ogletree - They've long needed more speed and coverage ability at LB and Ogletree will be a big help there. He compliments Ellerbe well and there are enough leaders on that team to keep him on the right path.

32. San Francisco - Matt Elam - Whitner is aging and Golson might leave. Elam fits their hard hitting defensive style.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

ROund 2

33. Jacksonville - Matt Barkley - They decide against QB in round 1, but Barkley is a nice get here. He isn't perfect, but he's experienced and accomplished at a big school and in a pro style offense.

34. KC - Tyler Eifert - I'm not a Moeaki fan and Eifert would be a great security blanket for Geno. He's made for Reid's offense.

35. Philly - David Amerson - They need help at CB and S and they need to create more turnovers. Amerson will help them with the latter at one of the 2 positions.

36. Detroit - Khaled Holmes - I'm higher on him than most. I think he's ready to be a good starting C in this league right away. Detroit might have to let Raiola go due to cap reasons and age(though he's still solid) and if not, Holmes can play G for a year.

37. Cincinatti(from Oakland) - Khaseem Greene - They need some athleticism and playmaking at the OLB spot. Maualuga is just bad and Lawson is average and a free agent.

38. Arizona - DJ FLuker - They are desperate for OL help and FLuker will help them whether at G or RT.

39. NY Jets - Eddie Lacy - This team is nothing if they can't be physical and run the ball. Lacy is the bell cow back they've been lacking. I think he's a big upgrade on Greene.

40. Tennessee - Logan Ryan - They go back to the Rutgers CB well to try and shore up their secondary. Ryan is quickly rising and this is about where he should go.

41. Buffalo - Kevin MInter - They have to get someone who can clean up behind that talented DL. Minter is a nice fit for Pettine's defense as a downhill thumper.

42. Miami - Cornellius Carradine - They gamble on a 1st round talent, as they have 2 second rounders and really need a complimentary pass rusher across from Wake.

43. Tampa Bay - Alex Okafor - They have some good DEs, but they don't really have a true speed rusher like Okafor. They have the luxury of using him as a nickel rusher behind Clayborn for now.

44. Carolina - Deandre Hopkins - A steal considering I had them taking him in the 1st in my last mock. That's probably a bit high considering his measurables don't jump out at you. He's a great fit for them here though. Move Lafell to the 3rd WR role where he can work the middle between Hopkins and Smith.

45. San Diego - Arthur Brown - They could use a playmaker at ILB and Brown is just that. They have a really nice DL and Ingram looks like a stud at OLB

46. St.Louis - Tavon Austin - One more weapon wouldn't hurt, especially as Amendola is both injury prone and a free agent.

47. Dallas - Sam Montgomery - A perfect fit at LDE opposite Ware in the new front.

48. Pittsburgh - Stefan Taylor - I just think this is a perfect fit. He's a physical back who is also a complete player. He's the type of reliable RB Pittsburgh needs right now. They have a bunch of backups with big flaws right now.

49. NY Giants - Margus Hunt - They gamble on a big talent here, hoping he can become the new Justin Tuck. We all know they like to load up on DL.

50. Chicago - Travis Frederick - They go all out on the OL rebuild.

51. Washington - Xavier Rhodes - They need CB help in the worst way.

52. Minnesota - Jordan Poyer - Winfield is getting pretty long in the tooth and you never know when Cook ends up in jail. Poyer is rock solid if not spectacular.

53. Cincinatti - Blidi Wreh-Wilson - Put himself on the map at the senior bowl and the Bengals can afford to be patient with his talent, as they have some solid vets at CB for the short term in Pac Man,Newman and Hall.

54. Miami(from Indy) - Justin Hunter - A dynamic talent at WR with some question marks starting at his injury last year. Miami happily takes the gamble on him here.

55. Green Bay - TJ Mcdonald - An underrated safety talent, he'll be a great fit opposite Burnett in that secondary.

56. Seattle - Chase Thomas - There isn't an elite pass rusher here, but Thomas can help as a blitzer and run stuffer from the LB spot. He'll replace Hill nicely, as he fits the defense well.

57. Houston - Dallas Thomas - He should start from day 1 at either RT or RG.

58. Denver - Larry Warford - They could use some help on the interior line.

59. New England - Denard Robinson - They're the type of team to take a shot on him IMO. He could really add an explosive element to that offense.

60. Atlanta - Datone Jones - Abraham is nearing the end and they don't have much else. They badly need a pass rushing DE.

61. Baltimore - Baccari Rambo - Reed's coming back, but probably only for one more year. They need some new blood at safety. Reed would be a great mentor for Rambo too.

62. San Francisco - Jesse Williams - The DL is getting a little thin and Williams would be a perfect addition for them at NT.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I love that mock for Tennessee. LOVE IT.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I think that would be about a round too soon for Amerson, who got smoked by the Tennessee receivers, but you address need positions with both picks for Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I love that mock for Tennessee. LOVE IT.
    Good to know. They were one of the teams I felt I really hit on I have to say. I will be sick if they pass on Warmack personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    I think that would be about a round too soon for Amerson, who got smoked by the Tennessee receivers, but you address need positions with both picks for Philly.
    I could see that. I find Amerson pretty intriguing with his size and ball skills, but his coverage was piss poor this year.

I would take Amerson at Tenn's spot. The guy was a flat out monster the year before. Who knows why he struggled, but once a guy shows those elite skills, they're in there somewhere.

But they gotta take Warmack if he's there unless someone really unexpected is still on the board.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Good job as always Nas.

Love the 1st rounder for Seattle and you're absolutely right in that Schnider and Carroll like the high upside guys. It definitely fits a need.

Not a huge fan of the second rounder. Malcolm Smith (formerly of USC) played very well (even better) than Hill and seems to be the natural replacement as he fits the speedy profile that Carroll likes in that spot.

Preferably, I'd like to move up in the second and grab a pass rusher as we can afford to sacrifice some picks/depth but I realize that kind of thing is hard to predict/mock.

Overall, good job.

I'd imagine Seattle might take some OL help in round 2 if there's no pass rusher on the board.

But 837 can clear that up.

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I'd imagine Seattle might take some OL help in round 2 if there's no pass rusher on the board.

But 837 can clear that up.
    Our OL was much improved towards the end of the year, but could use some work at the guards.

Okung is a stellar left tackle and Unger is one of the better centers in the league.

Giacomini has his issues, but he's adequate at RT.

Guard is a real weakness though and contributes to a lot of the pass protection breakdowns that caused Russ to run for his life.

Mccquistan is below average at LG, but it isn't the biggest need. Moffitt is below average and doesn't have much of a ceiling. The team seems to really like D-Line convert JR Sweezy but he had a brutal year in pass pro. Seems to have a relatively high ceiling, but is a complete mystery.

The wildcard is former 1st round pick James Carpenter. He looked good moving to LG, but health is a major issue.

Suspect Fisher will go higher. Cardinals would love him over the 2nd/3rd QB I think. Will bet heavily against Star going near that high come draft day. Screams overrated to me. Could probably comment on every pick but no time now. Great effort!

I like Shoelace but I really, really, really hope if the Pats take a WR there that it's someone with some legit size that has a proven track record of actually catching the ball. If the season started tomorrow, Matt Slater and Jeremy Ebert would be our 2/3 WR's. Obviously FA will change that, but I'm really getting tired of watching other teams QB's having bigger margins of error than ours because they have huge fast WR's that can make plays on less-than-perfectly thrown balls down the field. This year they really need to finally hit on a WR the way they hit on a TE with Gronk and a pass rusher with Chandler Jones.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Mingo is too high IMO. He needs a monster combine to go that high. Didn't have a very good season IMO and his stock shouldn't be that high right now.

IMO Arizona needs to take the OT. Their OL is unbelievably putrid and Glennon isn't the type of guy you can stick back there and expect him to not get completely destroyed like their QBs did this past year.

Banks won't go that high unless he runs a 4.4 and I think most agree that he is likely to be around 4.5.

Really like 1st round for Miami, lukewarm on second. The way you have it falling, I would rather take Hopkins or Austin with 2.1 then Datone Jones at 2.2.
    I'm going to type every word I know! Rectangle. America. Megaphone. Monday. Butthole.

Love the position and the picks for the 49ers. Would hate to see Jones going off the board so close to the 49ers pick(if that would be the way it went) but getting Elam and Williams would be awesome without having to trade up.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

I'd be happy with that for the Bears.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast