Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKelly View Post
    POLITICO – In an interview with POLITICO, Paul said he’ll return to Congress this week pushing measures long avoided by his party. He wants to work with liberal Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy and Republicans to eliminate mandatory minimum sentences for pot possession. He wants to carve a compromise immigration plan with an “eventual path” to citizenship for illegal immigrants, a proposal he believes could be palatable to conservatives. And he believes his ideas — along with pushing for less U.S. military intervention in conflicts overseas — could help the GOP broaden its tent and appeal to crucial voting blocs that handed Democrats big wins in the West Coast, the Northeast and along the Great Lakes.

Rand Pauls thougths on an Immigration Bill. And just look at his remarks on grass posession. The Horror!!!
    I never knew there were federal pot possession laws. When I looked it up, I discovered that the only mandatory minimum sentences on the federal level are measured in days.
    http://norml.org/laws/item/federal-penalties-2
    IMO not exactly a high priority. I'm guessing those laws rarely get enforced, unless federal authorities happen to stumble across some weed while in the process of investigating other crimes.

POLITICO – In an interview with POLITICO, Paul said he’ll return to Congress this week pushing measures long avoided by his party. He wants to work with liberal Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy and Republicans to eliminate mandatory minimum sentences for pot possession. He wants to carve a compromise immigration plan with an “eventual path” to citizenship for illegal immigrants, a proposal he believes could be palatable to conservatives. And he believes his ideas — along with pushing for less U.S. military intervention in conflicts overseas — could help the GOP broaden its tent and appeal to crucial voting blocs that handed Democrats big wins in the West Coast, the Northeast and along the Great Lakes.

Rand Pauls thougths on an Immigration Bill. And just look at his remarks on grass posession. The Horror!!!
    He's a libertarian. He's in favor of legal prostitution too.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItAZero! View Post
    I'm curious as to why he's a moron in other ways? Is it because he's a conservative minority candidate with serious ability to make a run in 2016 for the top spot in this country? I'm sure the game plan will be to create a bunch of fake scandals to discredit him among the Latino and moderate crowds come crunch time.

He hasn't been around long enough to pile on with ridiculous comments like yours. His situation is very similar to the current President who was a young Senator a few years prior to running for President. He'll be at or very near the top of the list for the GOP in 3 years and for good reason. He can absolutely excite the base moderate and far right, and will also help appeal to the minority crowd, even if only by a slight margin.
    He has an eight-year record in the Florida House of Representatives. When he was Speaker of the House, he took an unadvertised, part-time position with FIU and steered them $29M. FIU's president said that he was worth every penny. The subsequent speaker, Ray Sansom, is currently on trial for virtually the same thing (although his was for a future job, not current). He was also very liberal in what sort of expenses he'd charge, such as groceries and gas.

But Rubio's lapses are pretty small potatoes when it comes to corruption in Florida. Both of Rubio's senatorial opponents had their own ethics scandals and our governor's main qualification was tied to defrauding the federal government.

He's not much of a Tea Party guy except that he's jumped on the bandwagon and started talking the talk early.

As to your first answer Q, I would say immediate entry with with full citizenship.

There is no Constitutional way, so accept the best of the worst ideas buddy.
    There is a constitutional way to keep the illegals out (think turret guns) and to make them leave only requires a hearing. If they have no legal status, poof they're gone.

The only hard ones are all the fake citizens.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    He's a libertarian. He's in favor of legal prostitution too.
    First thoughts on this........ So what?
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Quote Originally Posted by Payton34 View Post
    First thoughts on this........ So what?
    So, using the one prominent libertarian as an example of the average tea partier is wrong. So is using the one Hispanic in favor of immigration reform as an example of the typical tea partier. Of the whole tea party movement, they are most atypical.
    and a one point plan.

So, using the one prominent libertarian as an example of the average tea partier is wrong. So is using the one Hispanic in favor of immigration reform as an example of the typical tea partier. Of the whole tea party movement, they are most atypical.
    Was more commenting on the "He's in favor of legalized prostitution." angle you took....

Again...... So?

IOW I don't think that carries ANY shock value with it, or will serve to rile up anyone on THIS board at least... Legalize pot... Legalize prostitution... Both seem like common sense to anyone who stops and gives it a moment's thought...
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    There is a constitutional way to keep the illegals out (think turret guns) and to make them leave only requires a hearing. If they have no legal status, poof they're gone.

The only hard ones are all the fake citizens.
    Good to see you would like to see us murder people doing nothing wrong other than seeking a way to improve their lives. You are a true advocate of freedom!
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Was more commenting on the "He's in favor of legalized prostitution." angle you took....

Again...... So?

IOW I don't think that carries ANY shock value with it, or will serve to rile up anyone on THIS board at least... Legalize pot... Legalize prostitution... Both seem like common sense to anyone who stops and gives it a moment's thought...
    I didn't take an angle Payton. Jumping into a response to GK as if it was my first post in the thread gets you nowhere. if you want to start a thread about legal prostitution, by all means go for it.

If you want me to restate my reason for the post, I will. I mentioned that the tea party, who seem to march in lockstep against any Obama proposes (that's a real generalization) is being marginalized, as democrats are passing bills with non TP Republicans now.

GK protested by mentioning two prominent conservatives, one who's against marijuana laws, one for immigration.

I used legalized prostitution as an example of how Rand is not representative of the average tea partier.

Is that so hard to follow? do you think the average Tea partier from the south/midwest is in favor of looser drug and prostitution laws? I don't.
    and a one point plan.

I didn't take an angle Payton. Jumping into a response to GK as if it was my first post in the thread gets you nowhere. if you want to start a thread about legal prostitution, by all means go for it.

If you want me to restate my reason for the post, I will. I mentioned that the tea party, who seem to march in lockstep against any Obama proposes (that's a real generalization) is being marginalized, as democrats are passing bills with non TP Republicans now.

GK protested by mentioning two prominent conservatives, one who's against marijuana laws, one for immigration.

I used legalized prostitution as an example of how Rand is not representative of the average tea partier.

Is that so hard to follow? do you think the average Tea partier from the south/midwest is in favor of looser drug and prostitution laws? I don't.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, quite tricksy... Nah, just didn't read the who discussion line... Was trying to keep my eyes from bleeding, but oh well.... Ended up having to read it all and burst my capillaries anyway... :(

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, quite tricksy... Nah, just didn't read the who discussion line... Was trying to keep my eyes from bleeding, but oh well.... Ended up having to read it all and burst my capillaries anyway... :(
    You could still move to Nevada while you're waiting for legislation.
    and a one point plan.

If we shot illegals caught trying to cross the border, I bet it might fix the problem....are we the kind of country that wants to do that?
    Fear is the mind killer

You could still move to Nevada while you're waiting for legislation.
    While I know its a "dry heat".... I moved out of Florida to get away from being scorched on a daily basis... I don't moving to a desert as helping on that front much...

And I'm not really a "whore guy" anyway... Just saying I don't see why it should be illegal (No, not looking to debate it here, just sayin'...).

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    If we shot illegals caught trying to cross the border, I bet it might fix the problem....are we the kind of country that wants to do that?
    I've thought on this a lot over the last couple of days actually...

The immediate response is "no", of course... However, it would certainly be an effective deterrent and you'd imagine that at first a lot of people might get mowed down trying to test our resolve on such an edict.... But if we followed through on it I'd think that fewer and fewer would dare attempt it...

Again, I'm not for it due to the brutal nature of it, but there can be no arguing the effectiveness of such a tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    See East Germany. Razor wire, dogs, mines, machine guns. People still crossed.

Now add up what it'll cost to add 'turret guns' across thousands of miles of border north and south. And man them.

Masturbatory fantasy.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast