Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Immigration Reform Proposal today

So apparently the Senate is about to release a fairly major bi-partisan immigration bill today. This could get pretty interesting. If the Republicans actually get on board a serious proposal, it could be a sign that they realize they need to change their priorities if they want to remain a viable party in the future.

OTOH, the Democrats lose a pretty big stick they have been able to beat the Republicans with over the past 5 or so years. So I'm really curious how they play this out as well.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

It seems it would be in their best interest to be part of some kind of deal.

When it comes down to votes, how many Republicans actually vote for it though. Just enough to pass (then die in the House), or something sweeping and near unanimous that the House won't be able to ignore?
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

It's like the most simultaneously loved and intentionally ignored bits of American lore throughout our history.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Lucky for the Democrats that Rubio is a moron in other ways.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    It seems it would be in their best interest to be part of some kind of deal.

When it comes down to votes, how many Republicans actually vote for it though. Just enough to pass (then die in the House), or something sweeping and near unanimous that the House won't be able to ignore?
    Bipartisan split vote in the house. Just like the last 2 or 3 votes. The TP is being marginalized.
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post

OTOH, the Democrats lose a pretty big stick they have been able to beat the Republicans with over the past 5 or so years. So I'm really curious how they play this out as well.
    Not really, if you mean Obama. If anything, his failure to deliver in his first term almost killed what was a big advantage. It's only because Republicans were such idiots in the primaries that Obama was able to leverage being the better of the two alternatives with that gimmicky dream act plan.

Being able to beat the other guy over the head while experiencing gridlock is not a winning formula. He's found, again, an issue where the sensible Republicans are playing catch up and splitting the party down the middle to enact a Democratic proposal. Does it matter that they floated this the day before Obama's speech on immigration?

It's still his issue, his constituency, his future voters and another bipartisan fulfillment of Obama's pledge.
    and a one point plan.

So it looks like amnesty is almost certainly part of the plan.

The Senate plans sounds like it is going to have some pie in the sky ideas but generally it does sound like the Senate is getting serious about reform and not burying its head in the sand.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

So apparently the Senate is about to release a fairly major bi-partisan immigration bill today.
    Is there actually a bill, or just a statement of principles ahead of a bill?
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

So apparently the Senate is about to release a fairly major globalist approved immigration bill today.
    Fixed that for ya. You guys still need to get your heads out of this Republican/Democrat BS because it's all a game. Nothing of this nature is passed unless the globalists approve it. Globalists intend to destroy sovereignty of our nation and have greatly succeeded already.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Fixed that for ya. You guys still need to get your heads out of this Republican/Democrat BS because it's all a game. Nothing of this nature is passed unless the globalists approve it. Globalists intend to destroy sovereignty of our nation and have greatly succeeded already.
    Who are the globalists?
    and a one point plan.

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Is there actually a bill, or just a statement of principles ahead of a bill?
    Framework. gang of eight bipartisan group.
    and a one point plan.

So it looks like amnesty is almost certainly part of the plan.

The Senate plans sounds like it is going to have some pie in the sky ideas but generally it does sound like the Senate is getting serious about reform and not burying its head in the sand.
    Well, heard a tidbit from McCain this morning and its the first time in about 4 or 5 years that I've agreed with something he said.... He was mentioning a path to citizenship AFTER tightening border security (So as to not repeat the errors of the Reagan Amnesty I'd imagine), and that the path to citizenship would entail the illegals getting in line BEHIND those who have come here legally, have a green card and are going about attaining citizenship through the proper channels...

Makes perfectly good sense to me...
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

C'mon Cheese!!! If you wanna be AV, you at least have to link to a nut-ball website to corroborate this!!!
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

We are all on this earth together, what people do in Asia can affect events here in the US. We aren't in separate aquariums. So, get used to the idea that we the people of the world have to unite to solve world issues.
    Fear is the mind killer

Probably more support today than there was in 2007, when the 110th Congress wasn't all that interested in passing comprehensive immigration reform.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast