Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Remember when being born out of the country absolutely disqualified you from being President?

Well now Ted Cruz released his BC where it clearly says he was born in the People's Republic of Canada and apparently..... that's ok now....

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/08/...gibility-81859

My wingnut friends have already started waving the flag for Cruz. One of them posted this article with this comment on FB today..

"Unlike Obama's, Cruz has a real SS number that is his."
    So, the answer to the OP is yes?
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    So, the answer to the OP is yes?
    So when I asked my friend how he could have such a double standard his response was this..

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut friend of Flyerhawk
    do me a favor. When you know what the f*** you are talking about, then comment. This is totally different than our illegal alien president that the coc****ing media would never latch on to because they are in bed with him. Now, that there is a sniff of a controversy they are all over it. Please go back to liberal la la land.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Remember when being born out of the country absolutely disqualified you from being President?
    He's trying to get out in front of Hillary's supporters (the original birthers) for 2016.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    He's trying to get out in front of Hillary's supporters (the original birthers) for 2016.
    No question that there were some deranged Hillary supporters in 2008. However, they aren't NOW embracing some candidate today who is PROVEN to not meet the standard they claimed was vital 5 years ago.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Another example of the crazy that is going on amongst the right these days...

http://accordingtohoyt.com/2013/08/15/i-am-spartacus/

The examples of the craziness on the left is even scarier.

No question that there were some deranged Hillary supporters in 2008. However, they aren't NOW embracing some candidate today who is PROVEN to not meet the standard they claimed was vital 5 years ago.
    Well of course not, Hillary wasn't born in Canada, seems pretty obvious.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Well now Ted Cruz released his BC where it clearly says he was born in the People's Republic of Canada and apparently..... that's ok now...
    Yeah the irony is incredibly strong with Ted Cruz stuff given just how many conservatives were wrapped up Obama birther movement, it was an much bigger portion of the party than some people now want to admit, though there were varying degrees of outrage.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Glad that is settled...
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Feel free to give some examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    Well of course not, Hillary wasn't born in Canada, seems pretty obvious.
    Well, ok. Thus they are irrelevant to this discussion.

And: Ted Cruz very likely still holds dual citizenship. He has not formally petitioned Canada to renounce his citizenship as far as anyone knows.

I think our Natural Born Citizen rules are archaic. As long as you are a US Citizen for some period of time that we can all agree on (8, 20 etc) you should be qualified to run for President. Go get the votes if you can.

But these are the rules, and if Cruz still holds Canadian Citizenship.... well....
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

FTR, I don't much care about the natural born citizen clause. It's a vague term that was never properly defined. From what I've read, the founders simply meant they didn't want someone to run for President who had recently naturalized.

But after 5 years of hearing the hard right go absolutely bonkers about the subject, I find it amazing that these same folks are trying to argue how it's ok for Cruz to be President.

Because they started with "I hate X because Y" and solved for Y.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Feel free to give some examples.
    I could sit here and post wacko left-wing blogs all day, but what would that prove?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast