Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    So there's no limit on the number of players that can be cut, correct?

Will there be trading of franchise tagged players allowed?

P.S. I still don't like that match rule, fwiw (which isn't much lol)...and I say that as someone who potentially stands to benefit from it. Not that I don't understand the logic behind, I just think the potential headaches it creates outweigh any potential realism added. JMO, like I said I'll gladly abide by it because it greatly improves the odds I'll be able to keep 2 of my 3 big FA's.
    No, there will be no limits on cuts.

And yes, franchise players can be traded after a certain amount of time once free agency starts.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheisman10 View Post
    To be honest, I would almost rather just get rid of it.
    No objections here. Strike it down!
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

I say keep it, because I feel it keeps things a little more realistic. A lot of these guys will end up re-signing before FA even starts, so I think this rule helps level things out for the mock. I'm not opposed to the suggested change, though.

I tell you what...I'm just going to get opinions from everyone that wants to voice one and see what the consensus is.

I really think it's gotta go. If not, and without over-complicating it, it's just gonna be too easy for people to retain talent. Franchise 1 guy and match the next. It doesn't work that way in the NFL. I do understand that precious few players re-up before UFA, but that's NOT commonplace, because the player knows he's a few weeks from testing the market. There's basically no point or advantage in doing that. We really shouldn't make a UFA a RFA. Again, I say this as the GM (and fan) of a team that's got 2 premier FAs, one of which they'll be at serious risk of losing.

Get rid of the match. It just doesn't work smoothly.

Their should be a way to keep your own players. Maybe you can restructure a player or keep an extra player at some rate times his previous contract, but not both. But that may not work either. I don't think we lose that much from last year by removing the match rule.

I don't think we need the match option as long as we can create enough roster flexibility in other ways.

I'm perfectly content to lose it, even though it would make my job a lot tougher. There are ways of keeping your own guys in the fold if you really want them, and if not. . . well. . . that's how it goes some times. I think that the main problems that it presents is that it takes a number of players off the market that should otherwise be available and overall makes things more complicated than they need to be. We'd all like to stack things in our favors, but I think that it's better to outbid (overpaying sometimes) and allocate your cap space to do it, than to have a free pass to sign a player that someone was willing to offer more money to. . .

Ok guys. I am just going to scrap the matching. It sounds like the majority are ok with that.

Yeah, that's fine. No problem for me.

Just a few of the basic rules...

-All salary information will be taken from Rotoworld. This way we have a uniform source of information. In cases that Rotoworld does not have any info, we can use an outside source.

-You will be in charge of keeping your cap number. It will be monitored, but please keep track of it on your roster page.

-Trades will become official once both GMs post a confirmation in the trades thread.

-Whenever you cut or trade a player, you will save 90% of their base salary.

-Any player making less than 500,000 will not result in cap savings.

-You will be allowed one restructure. The player you restructure must be in the last two years of their contract and you will save 50% of their base salary.

-Free Agency will be run in an auction style. Each bid must be an increase of at least 10% of the previous bid. Once a player has a bid that has not been increased in 24 hours will then be awarded to the team with the highest bid. You may not have more than 5 leading bids at any one time.

-More to come.
    Quick question on this. Does adding a player with a salary of less than 500,000 count against the cap?

Yes. They do.

And apparently that should say 600,000. I knew I saw 500,000 somewhere!

Now I'm confused.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    And apparently that should say 600,000. I knew I saw 500,000 somewhere!
    Yeah, I could have sworn I had put 600,000. My bad on that.

Yeah, I could have sworn I had put 600,000. My bad on that.
    It's cool you saved DaRel Scott's career.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast