Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    I'm liking seeing a Seahawks fan argue FOR volume numbers after that Russell Wilson knob slob thread.

Stop being bitter just because you were wrong on a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    But the volume numbers are what is relevant here, because of the game manager label.

Im not saying Smith is a bad QB, I'm just saying he's nothing like Hass. Hass carried teams on his back and put up huge numbers in the mid to late 2000s. Smith has never done anything relatively close to that. The most success he's achieved is one and a half years of being a game manager on a loaded team.

Hasselbeck's volume numbers are far, far better than anything Smith's ever done AND even with the significantly higher volume, Hasselbeck still has better efficiency numbers.

There really isn't a comparison to be made IMO. The only thing they have in common was that neither was going to beat you by consistently throwing it deep. Hass was never a caretaker like Smith. Nor has Smith ever reached levels of success that Hass did, and he never will.
    I guess we just agree to disagree. I wouldn't think Smith was a better QB or less of a game manager type if he threw 10 extra times a game, lowering his efficiency numbers. Its not like Hass was putting up 4000 and 30 regularly either.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Stop being bitter just because you were wrong on a guy.
    I like Wilson fine. Luck (and his volume numbers) is just better, but you already know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I guess we just agree to disagree. I wouldn't think Smith was a better QB or less of a game manager type if he threw 10 extra times a game, lowering his efficiency numbers. Its not like Hass was putting up 4000 and 30 regularly either.
    4000 and 30 are big time numbers. Of course he didn't put then up every year. He routinely topped 20 touchdowns, which Smith has never done and passed for 3000 yards every year, which Smith has done once.

Look, although he had a stretch where he was one of the better QBs in the league, I don't think Hass is some sort of all-time great or anything. But he is MILES ahead of a caretaker like Smith. When you look at the numbers, there's nothing in common.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    I like Wilson fine. Luck (and his volume numbers) is just better, but you already know that.
    You like him fine, but just try to tear him down at every chance.

Luck is a good player. Perhaps next year he can have a year as good as Wilson's this year. It will be tough.

I wonder if Wilson will ever throw for 4,300+ passing yards. Maybe he'll always be 1,200 behind Luck.

I think we have a long enough thread on this subject boys
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910