Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

I lost a ton of respect for Tom Brady last night....

Once again, everything aligned perfectly for him to finally get his 4th ring and what does he do?, he blows it again. That clock management before the half and him being so fearful of Ray Lewis that he runs into the referee instead of the field he had was pathetic and will not soon be forgotten. I've been a Brady fan since his first career start at Notre Dame in 98, so trust me I am very objective. He makes a Ravens team with an okay defense, look like the 2000 version. He played terribly in last year's AFC title game and he did it again. You can blame it on a lack of playmakers at WR, but Brady chose these guys.

He had elite, gifted wideouts in Randy Moss and Chad Johnson, but he'd rather have Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd. All his fault. He's a snake as well. Upon Randy Moss's departure, Brady made underhanded remarks that it was difficult to play with a WR who required the ball so much, totally ignoring that the same WR's presence and greatness allowed you to win your first MVP, break the record for most TD's in a season and be on the verge of the first ever 19-0 season. Some appreciation. Brady/Belichick are such ungrateful snakes. Smile in your face and stab you in the back kind of guys. Great to see Moss in the Super Bowl without them. Go on Brady and can keep believing in an overrated 5'8 WR who routinely drops huge passes. You had a rejuvenated Chad Johnson who just had 1,000 plus rec yards the previous year. What do you do? You set him up to fail. Karma is real...Maybe if they saved some of those points that they pile up on overmatched teams, they could actually score more points in the games that matter.
    Last edited by messiahtype; 01-21-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: misspelling

If you want to bring up karma, bring up the cheating. Andy Reid owned those fools until they went in at halftime and looked at their tapes.

they let the patriots screen them to death in the second half. Brady IMO was alot better quarterback in 05 then he is now. He was more consistent with accuracy, more mobile, more heart and made alot better decisions. He really let me down last night. And he's done it before. Case in point that horrible Super Bowl interception last year and his inability to cowboy up and take some contact to get a first down..

Yeah, I've always liked Brady but he's done more than a few 'tantrum' type things for me to downgrade on him - constantly hawking the Refs for calls, pouting at plays, and that attempt to kick at the Baltimore player while sliding last night was lame. Oh, and his handshake refusal thing never went over with me, either. I'm like most everybody else when the Pats lose I am not heartbroken, especially the 19-0 thing - we'd have NEVER heard the end of that one.
    Gang Way!

He's a great QB and all, but I do find it interesting how everyone was in a hurry to declare how overrated Peyton Manning was when he lost last week with a mediocre performance... and here we are now, same defense, Brady at home, and he played terribly... probably worse than Manning... and his team was actually dominated to extent.

Without Gronkowski the Pats have no vertical passing threat. The last year they were really great they had Moss. Two years in a row now their playoffs have ended after losing Gronkowski.

First, don't diminish the Ravens. They did a good job. But when the Pats entire offense is "low reward" short passes that are going to go for 4-7 yards unless someone breaks 2 tackles, it's nearly impossible to score a bunch of points. Gronkowski stretches the field, keeps safeties deep, and "takes the top" off of opposing defenses. Lloyd and Welker don't do that. The Pats need to draft a legitimate deep threat at WR.

Also, it felt like the entire mood of the game changed when Welker dropped that pass. Welker is a nice little slot receiver, but he seems to have a knack for dropping big passes in big games.
    The cake is a lie. I'm pretty sure the numbers in the pie chart are made up too.

I give all credit to the Raven's defense... that overthehill gang has had an amazing postseason run.

And Flacco... what can you say?... the guy has a milquetoast reputation, but he's consistently making huge plays.

I lost a lot of respect for him with that kick to Ed Reed. He's a classless player.

I guess I missed the kick to Reed(thought of a petulant Brady kick kinda makes me chuckle though)... when was this Matt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Without Gronkowski the Pats have no vertical passing threat. The last year they were really great they had Moss. Two years in a row now their playoffs have ended after losing Gronkowski.

First, don't diminish the Ravens. They did a good job. But when the Pats entire offense is "low reward" short passes that are going to go for 4-7 yards unless someone breaks 2 tackles, it's nearly impossible to score a bunch of points. Gronkowski stretches the field, keeps safeties deep, and "takes the top" off of opposing defenses. Lloyd and Welker don't do that. The Pats need to draft a legitimate deep threat at WR.

Also, it felt like the entire mood of the game changed when Welker dropped that pass. Welker is a nice little slot receiver, but he seems to have a knack for dropping big passes in big games.
    I agree with you 100%. the thing is they had that deep threat in Moss and Chad Johnson but Belichick and Brady conveniently decided that "they didn't fit our football team". I'm so tired of their vague bs. BB deserves lots of heat. If he didn't leave Gronk in in a blowout, he would've never got hurt. If he wouldn't have traded Seymour, maybe they would actually have a consistent rush. But go on Coach Belichick and keep stockpiling draft picks for no reason at all and keep blowing golden opportunities believing in decent slot WR's over proven ELITE wideouts. What happened to the mythical system that QB's were so afraid of? Nothing there was no system. It was guys like LT, Harry Carson, Carl Banks, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi, Ty Law, Rodney Harrison etc were the system.

Quote Originally Posted by byron2112 View Post
    I guess I missed the kick to Reed(thought of a petulant Brady kick kinda makes me chuckle though)... when was this Matt?
    2nd quarter, maybe? If it was Suh, the fans of the league would be outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

A lot of it are the types of pass plays they run as well. Lloyd isn't a complete stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by messiahtype View Post
    That clock management before the half
    Everything else the same, that completely could have changed the game. Really big screw up by Belichick/Brady. If they get one of the 2 shots there in the endzone, they can kick that FG in the 4th and be down only 8 (instead of failing on 4th down)

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    2nd quarter, maybe? If it was Suh, the fans of the league would be outraged.
    End of the first half. Brady slides and sticks his foot up in the air at Reed's knee level. I'm no Brady-hater, but that was a totally bush-league play.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

I hate everything about the Patriots but Brady is one of the most formidable QBs in the leauge. Moreso after spygate.

It looks to me like the bigger problem is NE went away from being a defensive team to a team that relies on the QB to roll up big numbers every week. That's the new formula in the NFL but defenses have a tendency to decline when the offense is playing at a high level. Then when the offense struggles, the defense doesn't have the grit to pull their weight. Show me a team with a top offense and I'll show you a defense that lies down most of the time.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast