Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

***Superbowl XLVII - San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens***

One more win to go.

Should be a great game. May the younger brother win this one.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

the only difference between this year and last year is kaep

i expect kaep to lead this team to victory once again

torrey smith is scary though

ravens lbs arnt really that quick so i expect them to attack them with vd and walker and lamichael in the flats
    Last edited by Niner Empire; 01-21-2013 at 11:20 PM.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm rooting for y'all, but you guys are good people. Congrats on getting this far.

I have to say I would have preferred to face New England than Baltimore. We seem to struggle with teams that are 'like us' - strong balanced offensive teams with tough, physical defenses (e.g. Seahawks, Vikings, Ravens, Giants etc). We seem to play a lot better against the high-powered passing offenses of the league like New England and Green Bay (and Atlanta, eventually).

Anyway, can't pick against the Niners in this one on general principles but it is going to be an extremely difficult game. I think this could be a low-scoring defensive tussle which doesn't work well for us with our problems in the Field Goal kicking game. Although the Ravens defense is not as strong as in years past, they have really improved in the playoffs - holding Denver and New England to a combined 34 points on offense is pretty impressive (I took out Trindon Holliday's TDs for Denver). Their special teams are very reliable. Flacco is on fire at the moment and their deep passing offense is scary. We need to get out to a good start and get ahead - I don't want to be playing from behind in this one. Their defense is aging and maybe we can exploit that - but on the other hand we have struggled to rush the passer and this is going to bite us at some point if we can't get it fixed (we did do better in the second half even though there weren't many sacks - Ryan seemed a bit more pressured).

I'm going to say 49ers 24 Ravens 21 - but I don't feel good at all about that pick.

I also wanted NE to win so the niners could beat the snot outta Brady. However, congrats to you guys for holding up your end of the bargin. May you piss all over Ray Lewis
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    I'm not going to pretend like I'm rooting for y'all, but you guys are good people. Congrats on getting this far.
    Thanks man. It's exciting to be going back to the SB. Still hasn't completely sunk in.

It is still a bit surreal getting there. Especially in a season where we switched QB's half way through.

I just saw the stat that we had not won a road playoff game since 1989. That is crazy. I had no idea it had been that long.

Well we are sticking with Akers..mainly because we cant re-sign Cundiff.

It doesn't really matter though because both guys suck. I hope it doesn't come down to a FG for us......
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    Well we are sticking with Akers..mainly because we cant re-sign Cundiff.

It doesn't really matter though because both guys suck. I hope it doesn't come down to a FG for us......
    at least it forces harbaugh and roman to be aggressive in the redzone

Justin Medlock...Neil Rackers....anybody else....

Should be a pretty good game, don't see either team winning big.

If we're to take anything away from our last enounter last year I think it bodes well for the 49ers. Obviously things are different - new year, new situation and all that.

However despite the long trip on a short week and Ginn's TD being called back, the horrible job by the OL(bye Chilo) we only lost by 10 points.

I think we can find that tape a lot more useful than the Ravens will. We have a new QB, different type of offense and some new key players while the Ravens have a very similar team on the field for the most part - especially on offense.

If we play smart and execute we win. I think it's a simple as that..unfortuantely it's never THAT simple.

Their OL has played very well this postseason so we need to find a way to generate a pass rush which has become a big issue with the Smiths hurting.

And as many have alluded to we defnitely can't turn this into a FG battle cuz we'll lose that one quickly.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

We will have ten more days to prepare for this game as compared to last time. Boone instead of Rachal/Snyder. Kaepernick instead of Smith. It will be on a neutral field. There are a lot of things more favorable for us as compared to last time.

Quote Originally Posted by in the flesh? View Post
    We will have ten more days to prepare for this game as compared to last time. Boone instead of Rachal/Snyder. Kaepernick instead of Smith. It will be on a neutral field. There are a lot of things more favorable for us as compared to last time.
    We travelled across the country and played that game on 3 days rest. Not many teams would have faired any better.

These teams are so evenly matched I think it will come down to Flacco vs Kaepernick. I will take my chances with Kaepernick. And I think our Harbaugh and staff is better than their Harbaugh and staff.

Ray Lewis can only cry so much when the camera's are on him to try to motivate his team.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

I think our pass rush will be stronger in the SB. Ryan was throwing a number of quick passes, especially in the 1st when they were marching up and down the field. (Not counting the blown-coverage bomb, of course.) That's got to mess with your motivation when your rushing a passer and you never get a chance at him.

Flacco seems to hold the ball longer, even when he's not waiting for Torrey Smith to clear the safety.
    IJWT...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast