Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,825

    2013 Nascar pick em Challenge. -Please read-

    I thought that I would see if anyone was interested in doing this again this year?

    A) Driver (not car #) must be picked the Day of the race 15 minutes before the race is scheduled to start. You may edit all week. If the race starts an hour later because of rain or for any reason the pick still had to be in 15 minutes before the scheduled time.

    B) A driver can only be picked 2 times period. Whether he blows his engine before the race starts or not... once the name appears 2 times next to yours, as your pick.... that's it.

    C) Points are awarded as following. You will get points each race for every driver this year. You get the points that the driver is awarded for in the official standings. So if your driver takes last he gets 1 point assuming he does not lead a lap. If he takes 42 you will get 2 points and so on.

    D) If you see I don't post a new PICK thread for the following week by Tuesday, Anyone can just do it for me - Name the Race as part of the Title

    E) Each week please update who you have chosen each week in the next weeks pick em board.

    F) Do we want to do the all star race differently this year? I was thinking either not doing it at all or just letting people pick any driver but NOT have it count as one of the 2 times that you can use him. We could also leave it the same as last year and use a driver but it counts as one of your uses for him.

    G) Does any one have any other ideas? I'm open to any new rules or ideas.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    54,653
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MAN11 View Post
    I thought that I would see if anyone was interested in doing this again this year?

    A) Driver (not car #) must be picked the Day of the race 15 minutes before the race is scheduled to start. You may edit all week. If the race starts an hour later because of rain or for any reason the pick still had to be in 15 minutes before the scheduled time.

    B) A driver can only be picked 2 times period. Whether he blows his engine before the race starts or not... once the name appears 2 times next to yours, as your pick.... that's it.

    C) Points are awarded as following. You will get points each race for every driver this year. You get the points that the driver is awarded for in the official standings. So if your driver takes last he gets 1 point assuming he does not lead a lap. If he takes 42 you will get 2 points and so on.

    D) If you see I don't post a new PICK thread for the following week by Tuesday, Anyone can just do it for me - Name the Race as part of the Title

    E) Each week please update who you have chosen each week in the next weeks pick em board.

    F) Do we want to do the all star race differently this year? I was thinking either not doing it at all or just letting people pick any driver but NOT have it count as one of the 2 times that you can use him. We could also leave it the same as last year and use a driver but it counts as one of your uses for him.

    G) Does any one have any other ideas? I'm open to any new rules or ideas.
    I'm for just not using the race at all, but if the majority want.. it should NOT count against the 2/year picks.
    I promise I won't do it again

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stephens City, VA
    Posts
    25,211
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MAN11 View Post
    I thought that I would see if anyone was interested in doing this again this year?

    A) Driver (not car #) must be picked the Day of the race 15 minutes before the race is scheduled to start. You may edit all week. If the race starts an hour later because of rain or for any reason the pick still had to be in 15 minutes before the scheduled time.

    B) A driver can only be picked 2 times period. Whether he blows his engine before the race starts or not... once the name appears 2 times next to yours, as your pick.... that's it.

    C) Points are awarded as following. You will get points each race for every driver this year. You get the points that the driver is awarded for in the official standings. So if your driver takes last he gets 1 point assuming he does not lead a lap. If he takes 42 you will get 2 points and so on.

    D) If you see I don't post a new PICK thread for the following week by Tuesday, Anyone can just do it for me - Name the Race as part of the Title

    E) Each week please update who you have chosen each week in the next weeks pick em board.

    F) Do we want to do the all star race differently this year? I was thinking either not doing it at all or just letting people pick any driver but NOT have it count as one of the 2 times that you can use him. We could also leave it the same as last year and use a driver but it counts as one of your uses for him.

    G) Does any one have any other ideas? I'm open to any new rules or ideas.
    Yes on the bold... Pick the race..... It counts in our standings, but does NOT count against your 2 times using a driver during the season... Good rule fix there..
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Ga.
    Posts
    5,025
    Damn... picking a driver only 2 times for the whole yr will make it tougher, but im good for the season... And I would vote picking the All Star race, but not letting it count against your total driver count...After all it is an all star race!!!

    btw I like the 15 min thing, bc I'm old and forget during the week sometimes....lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    54,653
    Quote Originally Posted by dcskins View Post
    Damn... picking a driver only 2 times for the whole yr will make it tougher, but im good for the season... And I would vote picking the All Star race, but not letting it count against your total driver count...After all it is an all star race!!!

    btw I like the 15 min thing, bc I'm old and forget during the week sometimes....lol
    Um, didn't we only pick a driver twice LAST YEAR?
    I promise I won't do it again

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stephens City, VA
    Posts
    25,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Raid View Post
    Um, didn't we only pick a driver twice LAST YEAR?
    Yes, but like he said.... He's old, so we'll let it slide...
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Ga.
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Payton34 View Post
    Yes, but like he said.... He's old, so we'll let it slide...


    Told you guys I'm old.... Where did all the good times go????

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    'Philly'
    Posts
    54,653
    How old are you? Like Mingo old? RA old or just Raid old?
    I promise I won't do it again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.