Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Ok. I am officially making the deadline to tender RFAs, ERFAs, Franchise, and Transition players Monday at 9 a.m. eastern. With the tentative plan to start free agency Wednesday at 9 a.m.

Concerning the Raiders:

We have a lot of UFA's that would 'realistically' be re-signed by the team before FA opens. Perhaps, for the next mock...we could give the home team a 5% discount on signing their own free agents to make things more realistic?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

In addition, I have a question...

John Clayton listed the Raiders as having (4.5M) in cap space, but I was wondering if that included Richard Seymour's contract? If so...I need to deduct another 19M off the books. Can anyone confirm for me whether the (4.5M) Clayton figure accounts for Seymour?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    Concerning the Raiders:

We have a lot of UFA's that would 'realistically' be re-signed by the team before FA opens. Perhaps, for the next mock...we could give the home team a 5% discount on signing their own free agents to make things more realistic?
    As you think that through you'll realize where the process fails. We let people match a player last year to better represent players staying with their current team. It didn't really work because a lot of FA efforts were wasted on a player that just was "matched." If you can think of a good way to do it, people will listen. But sometimes we have to compromise realistic-ness for feasibility and fun.
    Last edited by eaglesnut; 02-08-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
    In addition, I have a question...

John Clayton listed the Raiders as having (4.5M) in cap space, but I was wondering if that included Richard Seymour's contract? If so...I need to deduct another 19M off the books. Can anyone confirm for me whether the (4.5M) Clayton figure accounts for Seymour?
    I tried to look further into his numbers, but there didn't appear to be any data. We're just using whatever he put in that one "mailbag" post, because at least then we're standardized on something.

I noticed for the Giants that my contracts only add up to 90 yet I'm 4.7 over the cap based on whatever calculations Clayton's number's used. Similarly the Eagles contracts added up to about 115 but they rolled over 23m to have about a 143 salary cap this year. So those numbers don't jive either. There is lots of bonus money and dead money that we don't have the specific data for.

Seymour's contract ended at the end of the year making him a free agent for 2013. Why do you think Clayton may have counted it?

Yeah, my guess, unless you can find something contradictory, is that seymours contract voiding was figured into claytons number as it appears it was part of his restructuring last year.

Just a reminder for everyone that the deadline to issue any tags or tenders is 9 am eastern on Monday morning.

Is there a deadline for cuts?

Sorry if I've missed it posted.

No. No deadline for cuts.

Hey everyone. Just a reminder that free agency will begin Wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m. eastern time. A couple things to remember...

- You may only have 5 leading bids at one time.
    - Once a bid has not been increased for 24 hours, that player is signed.
    - Bids must be an increase of 10% of the previous bid.
    - You will have until Saturday morning at 9 a.m. eastern to offer a contract to a franchise or transition player. At that point, if the player has no offers, they are signed to the team for their tag price and are able to be traded.
    - You will have one week to make offers to RFAs or they too will be signed to their tendering team and eligible to trade.

Thanks guys.

What's the compensation on transition tag?

What are the rules surrounding offering contracts to franchise players? Surely we shouldn't be allowed to low-ball them, but at the same time, no one's going to pay the franchise tag compensation, so...

What's the compensation on transition tag?

Normally, none.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Yup transition is right of first refusal only
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Last edited by eaglesnut; 02-13-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast