Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I'm cool with that.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Alright, I'll do the friggin Giants.

I'm going to use these numbers for Canty, Bradshaw and Boley since they were cut by the Giants before I looked at the rotoworld contracts and after our rosters locked. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...0613?gt1=39002.

Canty - 6.5m
    Bradhsaw - 4.25m
    Boley - 4m

Also referenced here http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...aw__Canty.html
    Bradshaw, who has had knee and ankle injuries, was to earn $4.25 million. He became expendable with the play of rookie David Wilson. Canty, who had knee issues with the Giants after never missing a game with Dallas, was to earn $6.5 million next season. Boley, who had shoulder and hamstring injuries last season, was to make $4 million this season.

Thanks eagles. I know how hard that must be. Lol...

Questions from a Mock GM'ing Newbie:

1.) Free agency is via a bidding process I assume?

2.) The NFL cap is 121M, correct? There was some confusing text about cap carry over $$$...did John Clayton take that into account when he posted his team-by-team cap figures? The Raiders were 4.5M over the cap per Clayton, but today I saw that they had a 4.5M carryover?

3.) How do we treat guaranteed $$$ when doing trades? Or do we ignore that? And the entire cap figure for 2013 is removed from the books? (same as we do with cutting guys in their final 2 years and saving 90%?)
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

1.) Bids. Each bid must be 10% higher per year than the previous bid. If a bid stands unchallenged for 24 hours, the player is signed by the highest bidder. Its crazy and can go on a LONG time.

2.) We are going with Clayton's final cap cpace numbers, which include rolled over money. Here's the link . . . http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

3.) Ignore all the fine print in trades. Its just too complex. I know for me, however, I do take that into account when trading someone, but I tend to try to keep things realistic. Others don't and that's fine too.

IIRC from past year's on trades, the trading team saves 90% of the base same as cuts, but the acquiring team has to take on the full amount of the base.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post

3.) Ignore all the fine print in trades. Its just too complex. I know for me, however, I do take that into account when trading someone, but I tend to try to keep things realistic. Others don't and that's fine too.
    I am also trying to keep things realistic, but it's exciting pretending to be McKenize... the Raiders have SERIOUS SERIOUS problems...wow...kinda fun being a GM of a bad team.

===============

OK, everybody....

The Raiders now don't have much of a OL, DL, CB....and a punter/kicker!!!!

Dunno how I will fill in the holes..and it looks like I need draft picks more than anything else...

Willing to trade Heyward-Bey, Tommy Kelly (would need more as he fills in a need right now), and would entertain discussions for guys like Macfadden/Huff....it's a full rebuild mode...

I am gonna be surprised if the real Raiders win more than 5 games next year...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Hey eagles...

I found someone to take the Giants if you would like to relinquish them.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    IIRC from past year's on trades, the trading team saves 90% of the base same as cuts, but the acquiring team has to take on the full amount of the base.
    I don't remember doing it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    1.) Bids. Each bid must be 10% higher per year than the previous bid. If a bid stands unchallenged for 24 hours, the player is signed by the highest bidder. Its crazy and can go on a LONG time.
    To clarify, we stopped doing multi-year deals a couple years ago because the extra work it creates doesn't enhance the experience. All FA offers are for 1 year here. Keeps all the math more simple and the bidding process more smooth.

That is correct. The team acquiring the player takes on the full base salary.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheisman10 View Post
    Hey eagles...

I found someone to take the Giants if you would like to relinquish them.
    Thanks, but I'll keep them as we discussed in PM.

Can we trade draft picks during the draft?? Or will there be a deadline to trade up/down before the draft starts??
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

We are normally able to trade during the draft.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast