Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Alright guys...We are down to 5 spots remaining. If you have not picked up a 2nd or 3rd team, please consider doing so. Thanks.

I'll take the Bears . . .

How has draft cap factored into this in past years? I don't recall. Since I have the #1 pick, must I have X salary available for that player, plus whatever for the rest? Or is it simply ignored given its complexity?

We've always ignored the rookie salaries.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Yep, its ignored.

Jets just pulled the trigger on the Revis trade. Got the 49ers 1st and 5th round picks and Alex Smith- plus he took Sanchez off my hands (and more importantly, off my payroll). Had a lot of interest and some good offers. What does everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonTyphoon View Post
    Jets just pulled the trigger on the Revis trade. Got the 49ers 1st and 5th round picks and Alex Smith- plus he took Sanchez off my hands (and more importantly, off my payroll). Had a lot of interest and some good offers. What does everyone think?
    Well, since I got Revis....I clearly won the trade!!

Seriously though, the Jets need the 31st pick more than the 49ers do.They have ALOT of holes. Our 1st round pick saw about 10 snaps all year, and that has nothing to do with his talent. It has more to do with the formations we run (we never go 4 wide) and the guys ahead of him. I think AJ Jenkins will be a starter this year. And LeMichael James never saw action until Kendall Hunter went down. None of our other draft picks had an impact. With 13 picks this season, The 49ers have the ammo to get this trade done.

This year, I dont think anyone picked at 31 would play signifigant minutes. Not saying that rookie wouldn't play but this is still a very deep 49ers team with very few holes.

I think Alex Smith can be a productive QB for the Jets. He needs some weopons there but he will do just fine. Better than Sanchez anyways.

Look back to the 1994 season. The 49ers signed Deion Sanders and added him to an already stacked team and the rest is history. Revis is clearly the best CB in the league and will shore up SF's secondary which got torched in the 2nd half of the season. We need our pass rushers (both Smith's) to get healthy to help the secondary and when they are, there isn't a much better front 4 in the league.

I think it was a good trade for both teams. Even if Revis is a one year rental for the 49ers.

....and I will probably just end up cutting Sanchez. Him and Smith's salaries are almost identical (Sanchez +1M) and I was going to cut Smith to save his salary if I couldn't trade him.
    Last edited by Sakic19; 02-06-2013 at 02:43 AM.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

What about Comp. picks.....are we going to use them in the draft?
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

I was dangling around Elvis Dumervil for Revis. Considered taking on Dirty in the process, then restructuring him, but ended up sitting on the offer too long and didn't pull the trigger.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    What about Comp. picks.....are we going to use them in the draft?

It depends on when the draft portion of this mock starts. In year's past, we would use Adam's projections if the real one's weren't out yet. If neither were available, I think we just skipped them.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    I was dangling around Elvis Dumervil for Revis. Considered taking on Dirty in the process, then restructuring him, but ended up sitting on the offer too long and didn't pull the trigger.
    It depends on who I draft as a backup but I might just keep Sanchez. I think he is a decent Qb who just needs to refine his mechanics.

That or I cut him. 8.5M x.9 = 7.65M saved on the cap

Either way. I didn't make the trade for Sanchez!
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    It depends on when the draft portion of this mock starts. In year's past, we would use Adam's projections if the real one's weren't out yet. If neither were available, I think we just skipped them.
    Fair enough
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

Basically ended trading Flynn for Gabbert and change. Got younger, cheaper, and better fit at backup QB. Time will tell if its better or not.

Hey guys. I think I am going to make the deadline on tagging players Monday morning at 9:00. Then we can start free agency next week. How does that sound to everyone? I was thinking maybe a Wednesday start to free agency. Give me some feedback. Also, still need a Giants GM. Who can step up?

Sounds good to me.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast