Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    OK. Next question- everywhere I have seen says the Jets can cut OT Jason Smith and his absurdly high $12m cap number. Rotoworld says Smith is a 2013 free agent, even though elsewhere on the site it says he is under contract for 2013 and will be cut for cap savings. How do I resolve this? He hasn't been cut yet, so I think it's a mistake that says he's already a FA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...one-year-only/

According to this article, it looks like smith's final year voided if he played 31% of snaps. I assume he hit that mark. Now, the question is does claytons number already include smith's contract being voided?

I don't think it includes the cap savings for Smith. Everywhere is saying that's how over the cap the Jets are, but then talk about how much can be saved once Smith, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace and Eric Smith ate off the books.

Smith only played 24% of the snaps according to this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...-analysis-teol

The hard part for the purposes of this mock is almost all of that $12MM is a roster bonus...Smith's base salary is only $750K. It's one of those unfortunate quirks that occurs sometimes doing it this way (I remember a similar situation happened to me with the Panthers and Thomas Davis last year). The flip side also exists, though...IRL cutting Santonio Holmes would only save the Jets a little over $1MM, but doing in this mock would yield almost $10MM. We've always known it wasn't a perfect system.

OTOH, the fact he's listed as a FA on rotoworld probably works in MT's favor lol because it forces us to resort to other sources.
    Last edited by Underdog; 02-01-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

When do our Rosters Lock?

They are locked now.

When do we have to have our cuts in? Can we cut players anytime we wish? I cut a few guys but there are some more I am considering.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

You can cut them whenever. You'll probably have to at some point to complete a trade or sign a FA. One thing you cannot do is cut a guy you just signed in FA.

I have a question about Steven Jackson's status.
    How should I count him towards my roster?

Technically he's not an UFA. He's under contract for 2013, but can void the contract anytime between now and the start of free agency.

If he's on my roster, then he's not a free agent and I should be able to extend/restructure him. If he's going to be counted as a free agent, then I should be able get his contract off my salary cap the same as if I were to cut him. Since he's technically still under contract, I think that I should be able to keep him. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Natjaxbree; 02-04-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Ok guys. With the Super Bowl over, I want to get the remaining spots filled. Along with second teams, I am going to open it up to anyone wanting a third team. If you havemt already picked a second team, please consider doing so even if you can only do the very basics. Also, if you know anyone that might enjoy participating, feel free to invite them to join.

Nat- As far as Jackson goes, because it has been highly publicized that his contract will be voided, I am going to declare him a free agent. However, you may increase your cap room by 7 million to counteract that.

Maroon- In Jason Smith's case, I will go ahead and also make him a free agent because I like to go by rotoworld. However, because I don't have a totally accurate number, I will meet you sort of in the middle and give you 8 million in cap room.

Hopefully these are ok solutions for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheisman10 View Post
    Nat- As far as Jackson goes, because it has been highly publicized that his contract will be voided, I am going to declare him a free agent. However, you may increase your cap room by 7 million to counteract that.

That works for me. Thanks for answering my question definitively. I'll go ahead and restructure a different player.

Maroon- In Jason Smith's case, I will go ahead and also make him a free agent because I like to go by rotoworld. However, because I don't have a totally accurate number, I will meet you sort of in the middle and give you 8 million in cap room.

That sounds great. I was going to suggest pretty much the same thing.

They are locked now.
    Sorry, just want to double-check. Locked as of 2/1?

Yes.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast