Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

TroyHeisman's Mock GM Discussion Thread

All discussion, questions, problems, etc. should be posted in here.

Troy - here's some of the info I believe you were looking for/will need for the other threads...

Team salary cap space per Clayton here:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

Franchise and transition tag numbers per Rappoport here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-cap-near-121m

Minimum salaries, per the CBA:

Rookie $405,000
    1 Credited Season $480,000
    2 Credited Seasons $555,000
    3 Credited Seasons $630,000
    4 to 6 Credited Seasons $715,000
    7 to 9 Credited Seasons $840,000
    10+ Credited Seasons $940,000

Also per the CBA, the RFA tenders will match the increase of the cap, with a minimum of 5% and maximum of 10%. Since the salary cap will be going up less than 1% per Clayton's numbers, the RFA tenders should be last year's plus 5% or:

1st round compensation $2.88MM
    2nd round compensation $2.02MM
    original round compensation/right of first refusal $1.32MM
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Awesome! Thank You!! Now we just need some GMs. lol

Hey guys. Haven't had the quick responses to sign up as I thought I would. You think there should be some concern? Or is there something else I should do to drive traffic here? Thanks.

Nah... Not sure when you're planning on starting this thing, but we should have at least one under our belt by then. As the first one gets up and running, people will see this and sign up as well.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

I'm not too worries about starting real soon. I know the people that have already signed up are pretty much regulars, so I'm not too worried about losing any of them. Just thought I would have a few more signed up by now.

Not sure it will work if we don't get more interest. My advice: don't break your fingertips trying if people aren't up for it. I tried to keep a dying fantasy league together and it's all just a fat waste of time.

I wouldn't stress out over it. There's a lot of guys who do these things that just haven't seen anything about your getting started yet. They'll come around. The closer we get to the offseason, the more aware and interested people will be.

Didn't want this to get totally lost in the sign up thread...feel free to begin doing things like tendering and naming franchise/transition players and RFAs, cuts, and trades.

Dammit...should've waited a couple hours to renounce Fletcher...that's what I get for being antsy to start lol.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Question:

When talking cap numbers...if I were to trade Smith the 49ers would be off the hook for his $7.5 mil salary but what about his $2.25m in bonuses? His total salary for 2013 is $9.75 mil.

Same for Vernon Davis who I just restructured....$6.0 base but $8.7 salary...

And Manningham who I just cut....$3.6 base salary with a $4.95 salary...

Which numbers...I am assuming their total salary
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

Since it's so hard to get accurate total numbers and we have no way of reliably figuring out offsetting dead money from bonuses, we've always only calculated 90% of the base salary for cuts and trades. I'm pretty sure that he mentioned it somewhere.
    Last edited by Ellis269; 02-01-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Found it in the rules thread. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheisman10 View Post
    -All salary information will be taken from Rotoworld. This way we have a uniform source of information. In cases that Rotoworld does not have any info, we can use an outside source.

-Whenever you cut or trade a player, you will save 90% of their base salary.

-Any player making less than 500,000 will not result in cap savings.

-You will be allowed one restructure. The player you restructure must be in the last two years of their contract and you will save 50% of their base salary.

Is the cap $120.6 mil?

You are starting with the cap space listed in the link in the earlier post in this thread.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast