Likely 2013 Opponents

While official schedules aren't out, deduction reveals the Packers schedule, excepting home or away, except in the division.

Bears, Lions, Vikings. Each team home and away, naturally.

Deduction:

AFC North

NFC East

NFC Division winners the 49'ers and the Falcons.

Schedule appears tougher to my eye than 2012. Winning eleven games looks, form the current roster, unlikely. The organization has its hands full rebuilding the OL and finding a pass rush.

All that remains is finding out the home and away schedule.

Next year appears to be more difficult, with a number of outside and cold weather games against physical opponents. I don't know if the "finesse" style that is Mike McCarthy's trademark is going to get them very far. Rodgers is still one of the top quarterbacks in the game, so as long as he's healthy they should be competitive. . . but they need a running game and better play from the defense or it's going to be a long season.

Aaron Rodgers is the team as far as the past two seasons. Which is why i believe he should win, and is to me, the 2012 MVP of the league. The Broncos won eight regular season games in 2011 with Tebow. How many would a Tebow led Packers team have won in 2012? A couple at best. Without Rodgers they aren't close to an eleven win team in 2012.

There will be a few second year defensive guys who need to show that Ted Thompson's 2012 draft-day moves were worth a dime.

Regardless then of MM's offensive style, and the NFL is about throwing the ball, it is the defense that needs to get tough and I don't know if that is a Dom Caper's trademark.

As far as outside and cold weather, that is or should be their forte, so that isn't a problem. A tougher appearing schedule is. Although I believe the Steelers are on the downside right now and the Browns aren't a concern. The Ravens and Bengals are better, though with the Bengals who can ever be certain.

Playing the Giants, Falcons and Niners though, makes it tougher. Plus the Cowboys, if the game versus the Cowboys is in Dallas I'll pencil that in as a loss (check the Packers last number of games in Dallas).

The Eagles will have a tough defense, the Redskins as well as a few injured guys return for them.

As far as the running game, the OL is where they need to rebuild and any decent back will play better behind a better unit. I don't know Bulaga's injury concern, but to me he's better suited to LG where Lang was awful too often. LT is unsettled, Center is up-in-the-air and if Bulaga is moved to LG then RT is open as well.

On the defensive side of the ball: Pass rush, please. Pretty please. Pretty please with sugar on top.
    Last edited by excalibur; 01-22-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    The good die first, And they whose hearts are dry as summer dust Burn to the socket. ~~ William Wordsworth

Official schedule. The bye week is early, too early for my liking. Game 1, at San Fran. They need to show and to win that game.

Packers Regular-Season Schedule (All times Eastern)
    Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 8, at San Francisco, 4:25 p.m.
    Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 15, Washington, 1 p.m.
    Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 22, at Cincinnati, 1 p.m.
    Week 4: BYE
    Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 6, Detroit, 1 p.m.
    Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 13, at Baltimore, 1 p.m.
    Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 20, Cleveland, 4:25 p.m.
    Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 27, at Minnesota, 8:30 p.m.
    Week 9: Monday, Nov. 4, Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
    Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 10, Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
    Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 17, at N.Y. Giants, 8:30 p.m.
    Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 24, Minnesota, 1 p.m.
    Week 13: Thursday, Nov. 28, at Detroit, 12:30 p.m.
    Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 8, Atlanta, 8:30 p.m.
    Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 15, at Dallas, 4:25 p.m.
    Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 22, Pittsburgh, 4:25 p.m.
    Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 29, at Chicago, 1 p.m.
    The good die first, And they whose hearts are dry as summer dust Burn to the socket. ~~ William Wordsworth