"Right up to the parade"

Say one thing about new Bears head coach Mark Trestman, He's got moxy!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-bowl-parade

during his interview, Trestman presented a 13-month calendar chronicling everything from daily practices to meeting times. He even included notes and due dates relating to the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, according to Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. Emery acknowledged this kind of work must have taken deep research after Trestman spent the past five years in the CFL.

Wait. So why a 13-month calendar?

"Up until the parade," Trestman said

The Bears are trading Jay Cutler?

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    Say one thing about new Bears head coach Mark Trestman, He's got moxy!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-bowl-parade
    That's classy of Trestman to organize a team trip up to Green Bay next February.

Trestman always striked me as organized and methodical. Combining him with Gannon must have been a nightmare for the slackers "in class" in Oakland a decade ago.

Dude was stellar in Montreal (I'm Canadian and have to watch the CFL by law) and I think he is gonna surprise people.

I'm jealous of the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSeahawk View Post
    The Bears are trading Jay Cutler?
    Your fascination with the dude is beyond creepy.

Rex Ryan part two....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    Rex Ryan part two....
    Not even close dude. This was simply the level of detail that he put into his whole planning calender. He had every meeting and every practice along with CBA deadlines all planned out for the whole year starting at his potential hire date and working all the way past any potential Superbowl celebrations. Rex Ryan can't get past the idea of all those feet to even write parade on a calendar.

Rex Ryan part two....
    LOL! You obviously haven't seen Trestman speak. Him & Rex couldn't be more opposites. If I had to compare Trestman's personality & speaking style to another NFL coach, it would probably be Dick Jauron.

How could I see him speak he is from the CFL...LOL

That is pretty cool.

If he can interest Cutler enough to ditch that "I just dropped a load in my pants" look that's constantly on his face, this should work out really well for that offense. They have the pieces... I really dig Jeffery too... very good chance they could have two #1 quality WR's there IMO.

I think it's a good hire. Guy reminds me of Mike Sherman with an emphasis on the QB position instead of O-line. I always liked Sherman and thought he'd have done much better if he'd had someone else as GM during his tenure that gave him more talent and let him focus solely on coaching.

Trestman and Marrone are the two guys that I think have the potential to really do well and make their teams competitive sooner than many expect. Especially since both guys have done an impressive job (at least in my eyes) of putting together competent staffs so far.

Rex Ryan part two....
    They can only hope.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Didnt' Andy Reid do something like this before his Eagles interview?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi