Don't be shocked to see a bit of a fire sale....

The Colts replaced like 43 players last year...The Rams replaced a bunch as well. I would not at all be shocked to see certain guys of value traded. I could easily see Desean Jackson traded, yes he is very fast, but that is the only thing he has that meets Chips standard, he is fragile, and he doesn't block. I could easily see Chip trading him for a 3rd rd pick and drafting "his" type of guy. If we go 3-4 Demeco Ryans has trade value, and I believe he would obviously be traded. If we go 3-4 guys like Vinny Curry and Cedric thornton may be moved for draft picks. Brent Celek could be moved for a draft pick as well. I'm speaking of players with some value, some we would get nothing better than a 5th rd pick, but it would be a 5th rd pick that fits what Kelly is trying to implement here.

I could see all of those guys possibly moved except DJax. Chip loves his big play guys, and he's the only real one we've got. I think he'll use him like he did w/DeAnthony Thomas. Get him the ball in space and let him work. Then again Maclin was a beast at Mizzou doing that too, and I feel hes been used the wrong way under Reid. I'm excited for change.

Jackson just signed a relatively large extension. I don't see him going anywhere. Maclin is in the last year of his contract. He's more likely to be moved. Thornton fits in a 3-4. Curry isn't ideal for a 3-4 but rare to move 2nd year players.

Besides the obvious need for offensive line help, I would like to see Brent Celek replaced. He doesn't stretch the field by any means. Maybe we could find that guy in the middle rounds? What options might we have at TE draft gurus?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Eaglez View Post
    Besides the obvious need for offensive line help, I would like to see Brent Celek replaced. He doesn't stretch the field by any means. Maybe we could find that guy in the middle rounds? What options might we have at TE draft gurus?
    I love Travis Kelce from Cincy....dude is huge, is fast, has great hands, and can block, oh, and his brother is our center.

Big fan of Gavin Escobar TE from San Diego State. 6'5 255lbs, fast, good hands, able to go up and pluck the ball out of the air over the defender. I also like Kelce a lot. I'd love to get one of these guys

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    I love Travis Kelce from Cincy....dude is huge, is fast, has great hands, and can block, oh, and his brother is our center.
    That is so funny, this is exactly who I have my eye on! I haven't had the time to get a good look at some of the TEs but I did get to see some Bearcat football. I think he could replace Celek. Very good fit, I think you are right on here Wings.

Aren't we just three positions/players away from being able to score points consistently on offense guys? Offensive line, tight end, and maybe a physical wideout? A lot will depend on if Foles will be able to improve on an decent first year and keep the turnovers down but are we really that far?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Eaglez View Post
    Aren't we just three positions/players away from being able to score points consistently on offense guys? Offensive line, tight end, and maybe a physical wideout? A lot will depend on if Foles will be able to improve on an decent first year and keep the turnovers down but are we really that far?
    Perhaps, but we are like 6 players away on defense...so yeah, figure 9 starters.

It really depends on what Kelly wants to do, the interesting thing here is Reid based his teams on speed just like Kelly does. So there are some guys on this team that truly will fit in Kelly's system. Its all in how he will use them. I see Damaris Johnson playing a role in Kellys offense. I see Dion Lewis having even a bigger role and I think he is going to love Bryce Brown because he is not only fast but big.

Guys I see who won't fit his offense,

DeSean Jackson - Doesn't block well can't catch the ball in traffic
    Jason Avant - Possesion recievers need not apply in Kelly's offense
    Clay Harbour - drops the ball too much
    Vick - turns the ball over too much

We got to a 3-4 defense that opens up even more
    Nmandi - gone no matter what defense we play, unless they renegotiate him to 1 or 2 mill of his guarantee and the DC thinks he can still play
    DRC - Not aggressive enough
    Safeties - all are gone
    Trent Cole - He can't be a stand up rush guy in the 3-4 he doesnt' have the speed he used to have, too small to play DE in the base 3-4
    Fletcher Cox - Too big to be a DE in this scheme, too small to be a nose tackle. If he bulks up it takes away his greatest asset which is speed
    Cullen Jenkins/Mike Patterson - gone no matter what

As Wings said we need a minimum of 9 new starters and a whole helleva lot of depth. By Year two of the Kelly era I see 40-45 guys who are on the roster today gone. This year i think it will be 25 or so.

Fletcher Cox fits just fine at DE in the 3-4 imo ... it's just not the best use of his talents. It's also probably a benefit if he slims down a few pounds, but he has plenty of athleticism.

Perhaps, but we are like 6 players away on defense...so yeah, figure 9 starters.
    And that doesn't include a few current starters who really should be upgraded.

The Colts replaced like 43 players last year...The Rams replaced a bunch as well. I would not at all be shocked to see certain guys of value traded. I could easily see Desean Jackson traded, yes he is very fast, but that is the only thing he has that meets Chips standard, he is fragile, and he doesn't block. I could easily see Chip trading him for a 3rd rd pick and drafting "his" type of guy..
    Djax fits chips offense. He is not going anywhere. You say the same thing about djax every year lol.