Team Needs (Post Chip Kelly hiring)

Has anything drastically changed? I think to a degree, yes.

OFFENSE

QB - There was an obvious need for competition for Foles as it was. Not that Chip is the coach, Im thinking he will at least be on the lookout for someone with some or alot of athletic ability + passing skills. Problem is there really isnt a stud athetic QB this draft. Dont see Vick getting the chance to see what he can do in the new O. Probably will have to wait a year to get Chips guy. WHo knows maybe Foles wins him over during the 2013 season. Could see a flyer on Alex Smith/

RB - No need either way. Unless they look for a speed guy who can return kicks/punts.

WR - Definitely likes WRs who block but loves speed as well. Do we have that? I think Avant should be on the lookout. Dont see him as a fit at all. Could pick a WR as high as the 3rd round imo. Big/fast/physical.

TE - Loves speed again. Celek doesnt have it. Harbor has been a bust so far. Do we pick a TE with some speed in round 3 or 4? I could see it.

OL - He uses a zone scheme. Which is what we were doing already. Saves us from needing to do a total makeover. Still biggest question there is what they think of their OTs going forward AND Danny Watkins. Either way, we have no depth. Could see a T at 4 or in the 2nd. Guard in the middle rounds.

DEFENSE

DE - Looks to be 34..so our DTs will be looked at as Ends now. Cox is great fit imo. Thornton could fit as well. Jenkins might be back for a year as well. Will definitely need at least one more. Wouldnt say its a high priority though.

NT - Dixon? Maybe until they find a stud. Not necessary to take a NT in Rd. 1. They are found everywhere. Id say 2nd-4th rd if available. Possibly even later than that.

OLB - Graham is a fit imo. Hunt maybe. Cole and Curry? Not so much. Elite pass rusher is a huge need. Then again, it was a need imo BEFORE a switch to the 34.

ILB - Contrary to popular belief I think Ryans is a fit but Kendricks will be the guy. Could even go with another guy from the draft unless Chip is still liking him some Casey. Could see an ILB being picked up in the later rounds unless they get the Ga DC and we go get Ogletree.

CB - Huge need still. I can see Boykin playing outside with Marsh. With Boykin moving inside in the nickle. WHo is the 3rd guy? Draft pick. 1st-2nd round if availble. If not, we may have to just give the youngings their shot.

S - Huge need. Monstrous. Gotta get one in the first 2 rounds. Plus add another later.

SPECIAL TEAMS

KR/PR - Speeeeeeeeed. I could see Chip getting creative there. Boykins and D.Johnson are not great fits for what he wants in his return guys.

If we go Offense at #4. IMO, it has to be a stud LT. Joeckle.
    If we go Defense at #4. IMO, it has to be an elite pass rusher. ????

If neither are available. Id try hard to trade down.

dp......................

I think we don't know anything. Too soon. (Well, except for saftey)

the anticipation is more fun to me than having all the answers on a guy i know nothing about.

Gotta see if we're going 3-4 or 4-3 before I think any more about the draft. As I posted in the draft thread though, I do like Zona QB Matt Scott (who plays in the East/West Shrine game this weekend) as a 4th round option. Solid arm and very athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    Gotta see if we're going 3-4 or 4-3 before I think any more about the draft. As I posted in the draft thread though, I do like Zona QB Matt Scott (who plays in the East/West Shrine game this weekend) as a 4th round option. Solid arm and very athletic.
    If we can get Scott in the 4th round I'm all for it. Figure he's a 3rd round type who can run and throw the ball

If the Eagles go 3-4 it's really going to make the Eagles Demarco Ryans signing and Cox 1st Rd pick bad moves last season. Neither fit the 3-4 at all. Well guess I should say that. I'm sure Cox can play the DE spot on the 3-4, but his best attribute, speed, is going to be completely wasted. The DL in a 3-4 has 1 jb and that is to make sure they lock up all the Offensively lineman so the LBs can make the play. If the Eagles are changing to the 3-4 they need to work on finding stud OLBs with speed and can tackle. In fact all the LBs have to be sure tacklers and can run.

I think its probably easy to say who stays vs needs, its a 4-12 team there are needs at every single position save running back on this team.

i agree with swat.. but also it is early we need to know our OC and DC and see what lineup is gonna be in play.. but our offensive line is an absolute MUST