Thumbs up Trestman/Emery questions answered

Very impressive. You can't say he didn't want the job.

I'm a lot more optimistic after reading this. As a person who works in recruiting, seeing someone with passion and dedication like this can be the most telling part of an interview. Being that prepared for just the initial interview tells you this guy cares a lot about his craft. Let's go Bears!

"So donít expect many arguments about personnel in the coming years. Trestman seems content letting Emery do his job and Emery seems content letting Trestman do his."

Nice to see, but isn't that the way it always should be? lol

I'm thinking this might be too much of a shift in the other direction.

Coach needs to be able to let the GM know where he's really looking for help without super-ceding the GM. I just hope this isn't an overcorrection of the Lovie Smith ego-picks.

PE probably knows our primary needs (OL, TE, LB) but it never hurts to get input from the coach.

Trestman doesnít fit personnel into a scheme. He fits scheme to his personnel.
    i'm psyched.

But will he stare aimlessly at the Jumbo-tron after the other team drives 90 yards on his vaunted defense? Curious minds needs to know!

Quote Originally Posted by jamus34 View Post
    I'm thinking this might be too much of a shift in the other direction.

Coach needs to be able to let the GM know where he's really looking for help without super-ceding the GM. I just hope this isn't an overcorrection of the Lovie Smith ego-picks.

PE probably knows our primary needs (OL, TE, LB) but it never hurts to get input from the coach.
    I believe Trestman and PE will work closely on personnel, it just sounds as if he doesn't have (or even want) as much control that Lovie Smith did. Emery even highlighted the fact that they both agree that you should bring in the best available players, not the best players that fit your scheme. Obviously something Emery and Lovie did not agree on.