Lightbulb All Coaches Out Except For Jon Hoke

...according to Vaughn McClure.

@vxmcclure23

Jeremy Bates gone, too, source just clarified to me. Apparently every coach on offense and defense has been let go except for Jon Hoke.

Wonder if he's getting promoted to DC and they are hiring a whole new defensive staff or if they will bring in someone else to be the DC and leave Hoke at DB coach. I'd find it odd if they kept him only to keep him at his current position, but stranger things have happened.

Thoughts?

I can't imagine an experienced coach like Hoke staying at the same position under the circumstances. That doesn't make much sense.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    ...according to Vaughn McClure.

@vxmcclure23

Jeremy Bates gone, too, source just clarified to me. Apparently every coach on offense and defense has been let go except for Jon Hoke.

Wonder if he's getting promoted to DC and they are hiring a whole new defensive staff or if they will bring in someone else to be the DC and leave Hoke at DB coach. I'd find it odd if they kept him only to keep him at his current position, but stranger things have happened.

Thoughts?
    Possible people are especially happy with his work (Jennings and the Ss really stepped up). Possible Trestman just doesn't have anyone he likes available.
    Or maybe just not available this year - could be letting Hoke stay on for a year, until he can get a buddy who's contract is up next year.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

It occurs to me that Hoke may just be a candidate for the DC job, thus they keep him under contract to keep him from (officially) interviewing for other non-HC roles. If he doesn't get the job, then it's up to him whether he wants to stay in his DB coach role, assuming the new DC wants him.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Obviously McClure was wrong on all the coaches getting fired.

In addition to Hoke, they also retained Mike Phair (DL) and Gil Byrd (Asst DB/Safeties coach).

not thrilled about promoting Hoke; that's something of a downer in what has, so far, been a very nice batch of hires. first one that has left me very meh.

if they promote Hoke, though, that (probably) moves Byrd up, which JMSO is a good move.