Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Apparently Lotulelei has been cleared to run combine drills and his heart condition appears to be as result of recent significant weight loss and dehydration.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    For me if we could get Richardson or Short they'd both be good fits for creating interior pressure what we need from the interior DL.

JMO but we won't even get a sniff at Floyd and likely Lotulelei and both as well would be fits in our scheme and would give exceptional versatility in the case of Lotulelei.
    If one of these guys slipped to around #15, would you guys be interested in a trade-up if it meant we'd give up our 2nd round pick or maybe our 3rd & 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfanforlife View Post
    If one of these guys slipped to around #15, would you guys be interested in a trade-up if it meant we'd give up our 2nd round pick or maybe our 3rd & 4th?
    If we replaced one of those third or fourth round picks with a Flynn trade...I'd think about doing it for Richardson. Probably not anyone else, though.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Todd McShay's newest mock pick:

Bjoern Werner*
    Seattle Seahawks (11-5)
    COLLEGE: Florida St.
    HT: 6-3
    WT: 266
    POS: DE

Analysis: Werner could be a steal here if he drops this far and could add depth to an already stout Seahawks defense. His best fit appears to be as a left defensive end for a 4-3 scheme. He has very similar traits and motor to Chris Long but is just a notch below in talent.
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

I'm surprised to see McShay have Werner drop that low. From what I've seen, he's the #1 DE prospect in the draft. Has his stock been slipping recently?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfanforlife View Post
    I'm surprised to see McShay have Werner drop that low. From what I've seen, he's the #1 DE prospect in the draft. Has his stock been slipping recently?
    He has elite measurables for the position, but lack of productivity is a concern.

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE from FSU is the guy that intrigues me the most. He has some question marks (lack of playing time and coming off a knee injury) , but man seems like he has "Seahawk Draft Pick" written all over him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9874--nfl.html

Carradine benefitted a great deal from having not to face a double team with Werner on the opposite side from him so perhaps his stats are inflated. He's also going to be rehabbing an ACL for the season so his effectiveness and ability to practice at full speed will be limited.

What a strange year for the draft.

I've read literally 100's of mocks and simply there is no clear choice for the Seahawks 1st rd. pick unlike past years. Our FO has totally turned the draft dweebs on their heads and all of us are trying to find players with special characteristics who fit the needs the team obviously has which aren't truly many. One thing though is that John and Pete have been good at rolling over the rocks until they fix an area of need.

Somehow I expect the DLine to be rebuilt this offseason, maybe we'll acquire a vet for the Leo and maybe not, maybe we'll grab a 3 tech DT in the draft or in FA or maybe we'll re-up our own FAs. Clearly we are likely to acquire a new WOLB in the draft, but we may all be surprised by the pick. I think we are also going to add some help at WR and at TE after John and Pete will surprise us.

Maybe there will even be some trades too.

The fun starts for real on Tuesday at 4:00 pm eastern.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Weasel View Post
    Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE from FSU is the guy that intrigues me the most. He has some question marks (lack of playing time and coming off a knee injury) , but man seems like he has "Seahawk Draft Pick" written all over him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9874--nfl.html
    Most experts say Carradine would be rated as a top 10 pick if not for the knee injury. While he'd most likely sit for a year, I'd wouldn't be crushed to see the Hawks pick him at #25. Werner won't make it to #25 IMO. Most publications say Werner is good at almost everything but not great at any one thing. Not a speed rusher, but has a quick 1st step.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld
    Missouri DL Sheldon Richardson has a private workout set up with the Cleveland Browns.

Richardson told the media that the Kansas City Chiefs, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks have all shown interest in him as well. When asked about potentially being considered as the No. 1 selection, Richardson said, "Hell yeah, you’ve seen me play here. Am I good enough to be a No. 1 guy? All right then, that’s what I like to hear."
    I'm curious if they will consider trading up if he falls past 15...

I'm one that likes the Harvin deal yet being huge into the draft it's a bit disappointing to not have that late 1st for my usual entertainment leading up to and during the draft.

I'm relegated to looking at an even harder list of guys to predict with our late second rounder. I have DT, OLB, 3rd CB, TE, and Guard as high on my need list. A project at QB would also be interesting in the late rounds along with more of a cover safety.

At CB I'm seeing two guys that are interesting in David Amerson from NC State and Jamar Taylor from Boise State. T. Mathieu does't fit our usual size metrics and has some baggage but the kids a playmaker and can return punts. Would be interesting especially if he slid to our late 3rd. I've seen him in the late 2nd to late 4th so who knows.

I'm interested in Barrett Robbins too. His versatility especially is a plus as he had played all over the line. He could be a backup to Unger should he go down while also fighting to start at Guard from day 1. Likely draft a good 10-15 spots before us but an interesting guy. Born leader, winner, and technician. Plenty of guys on the line can get by with average to below average athleticism, especially in the interior, so I'm fine with that weakness when he brings so much more to the table.

I feel like there are a good 5-6 guys that can plug and play at weakside LB. It's often a position you have solid options in year to year. With Smith being questionable full time I can see this being a focus in round 2. Someone you could potentially start immediately.

At TE I can see us waiting until 4-5th round to get someone in here to compete. Likely more of a pass catching TE than a balanced or even blocking heavy type.

Should still be a lot of fun leading up to the draft. Plenty of picks and a piece or two could still be moved. I can see us being more aggressive in the draft with so few true spots up for grabs.
    Last edited by Hoosier Daddy; 03-18-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Here is an interesting thought....

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/denard-...ck-for-seattle

Not sure if there is a need for Denard Robinson in Seattle but he does kinda strike me as the sort of player that the Seahawks would take.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

I strongly dislike a position change type pick like D.Robinson in the early rounds. If it were round 4 or above then yes but I don't like the massive gamble early on. He hasn't been anywhere near smooth in his transition to WR and these position changes successfully happening in the NFL are just incredible rare. Just being a great athlete is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I strongly dislike a position change type pick like D.Robinson in the early rounds. If it were round 4 or above then yes but I don't like the massive gamble early on. He hasn't been anywhere near smooth in his transition to WR and these position changes successfully happening in the NFL are just incredible rare. Just being a great athlete is not enough.
    We have two of them on our team already. And Sherman was essentially a WR most of his life.

I don't know if Robinson would be a good pick. I just thought it does kinda fit the JS/PC out of the box approach to drafting.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast