Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks for that link Freezer, useful information which if the calculations are true could mean the team has 12 draft picks to work with this draft, 5 of which are in the 7th and of those the comp. picks would not be able to be traded.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Thanks for that link Freezer, useful information which if the calculations are true could mean the team has 12 draft picks to work with this draft, 5 of which are in the 7th and of those the comp. picks would not be able to be traded.
    No problem. Five 7th rounders (assuming we end up with & keep them all), would be nice, considering it would mean grabbing grabbing guys that we might otherwise have to chase as UDFA's otherwise. Man, draft is too far away. Pumped earlier than I ever have been for an off-season...
    Common sense is not so common. ~ Voltaire

Here's an interesting mock

http://www.gbnreport.com/2013projection.html

25 Seattle Alex Okafor DE Texas
    56 Seattle Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina
    87 Seattle Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma

Kinda don't like it at all. Okafor is Lawrence Jackson 2.0, and Williams has little upside.

I actually like that draft. I don't see the Okafor - LoJack comparison at all. I watch a lot of Big XII football, and Okafor is the real deal.

Leroy Hill was arrested again for assault on his GF and then holding her hostage for a period of time... I'd say he's definitely done as a Seahawk...

We should be adding another OLB this offseason whether it's via FA or thru the draft...

I've always liked Hill as a player, but he seems like a real scumbag. This is starting to become a trend. He'll be lucky if anyone signs him. He will suspended for at least 4 games.

So far my choices for my first four picks are:

1. DT- Kawaan Short, Purdue, or DT- Shariff Floyd, Florida, if however by some fluke DT- Sheldon Richardson slips to 25 it'd be hard not to pick him.
    2. WR- Da'rick Rogers, Tenn Tech or TE- Jordan Reed, Florida
    3. OLB- Jelani Jenkins, Florida, or DE- Cornelius Carradine, Florida St., OLB- Xavier Gooden, Missou.
    4. TE- Gavin Escobar, San Diego St, or DE- Cory Lemonier, Auburn

I could see the team trading some picks to move around this year.
    Last edited by jammer; 01-31-2013 at 09:15 PM.

I wonder if we'll try to package Flynn and our first or 2nd to move up in either the 1st or 2nd round...

Isn't that the $64,000 question? Will Flynn be traded and what will get for him and then what will they do even if he isn't traded or especially if he is traded.

Given the reality that many of the players we will pick may not make the team with 12 picks or thereabouts they already have, it seems to me they may want to trade some picks to move up select the guys they have as a primary targets or set themselves up for next year's draft. Otoh JS likes to gather up as many players as he can to see if he can steal a diamond from the rough while making the pile really deep at positions of perceived need. So nobody really genuinely knows what the Seahawks will do in the draft, including many of us who have been trying to understand how they do business since 2010.

McGruff has a good thread over at .net about how our FO views comparative draft value, BPA vs. need. It would be great if he would post it or a variation on it here. I think it is right on in terms of their thinking. Free agency will be very critical to understanding just what positions will be primarily targeted by the team in the draft and where the comparative value differential to the team is the highest.

I suspect the positions of seeming weakness when the DC is critically examined will all be addressed in a systematic fashion. Pete has said pass rush is a critical area of need, and with our FAs plus Clemons injury the DLine is the biggest area of need. Beyond that acquiring some legit OLine depth, and playmaking help (TE,WR,? speedy RB) for RW, plus legit developmental WOLB depth seems to be the other areas we can expect some focus and as ever the team will be looking for another gem or two at CB or S.
    Last edited by jammer; 01-31-2013 at 11:52 PM.

With Clemons injury and Irvin's inability to perform as an every down player, i'm thinking DE has to be our top priority over DT... Especially, at Clemons age coming back from the injury, one would assume that he'll lose a step... He wasn't that affective this year, I don't see him being as good next year coming off the injury... I don't see Irvin as an every down player to replace Clemons either... I think we need to sure up a top quality every down starter at the DE spot or we're going to be worse off then we were this season...

Well, so far the Seahawks have been linked with every DT imaginable. They talked to several at the senior bowl, and now Pat Kirwan, league insider and friend of Carroll, say they are very interested in small school prospect and former Tennessee Volunteer Monteri Hughes.

Hughes is big, strong and nasty. Too nasty at times, and was run out of Tennessee for a variety of indiscretions.

Interestingly the Hawks seem to mainly be looking at NT prospects, not 3 tech p,ayers.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    Well, so far the Seahawks have been linked with every DT imaginable. They talked to several at the senior bowl, and now Pat Kirwan, league insider and friend of Carroll, say they are very interested in small school prospect and former Tennessee Volunteer Monteri Hughes.

Hughes is big, strong and nasty. Too nasty at times, and was run out of Tennessee for a variety of indiscretions.

Interestingly the Hawks seem to mainly be looking at NT prospects, not 3 tech p,ayers.
    If we could land Paul Kruger via FA and then draft one of those DT's, i'd be a very happy camper...

It's curious the Hawks are being linked to nose tackle type players and are apparently showing interest in that direction. Does this mean the team is less than overwhelmed with the play of Mebane in terms of his price relative to his play? Hughes seems versatile and his clips over @ fieldgulls seems to show he has some 5 tech versatility as well; so is this a depth move or just a bait and switch, or not really any genuine indication of legit interest? Is this a possible indication they are looking in another direction for the 3 tech the team needs or smoke and mirrors (? Melton, Starks, Jones, or ??)?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/videos/201...r-the-seahawks

There seems to be little early indication of much interest in other DTs like Short, or Floyd or any interest that anyone has reported about DEs. Is this intentional? The draft talking heads keep on bringing up Okafor's name but I'm not so sure he's much different or a better product than Lawrence Jackson who they moved out quickly after arriving here.

A look at the roster while assessing which of these positions needs the most help considering FA sure points in the direction of the team needing multiple players at DT including replacements for Branch (3 tech and 5 tech), McDonald (relief NT), & Jones (3 tech and situational 4-3 LDE). Size and versatility will be key ingredients in players they choose as replacements for those FAs if they replace them all.
    Last edited by jammer; 02-06-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Just complete a 4 round mock draft with others posters on KFFL.com. Very basic format. No player trades, pick trades limited to before draft trading. Each mocker took 2-3 teams and made the selections live.

Here's how it went for Seattle.

I traded #25 and our 6th to the Chiefs for #34, #96 (4th round) and a 4th next year. My thinking was the value between 25 and 40 is fairly grouped together, and I'd be able to get the same quality player 10 picks later as I could get at 25. The trade down meant I missed the opportunity to select Desmond Trufant, John Jenkins, DeAndre Hopkins, and Datone Jones.

#34 overall - DT Kawann Short: I wanted to get a quick twitch penatrating DT with one of my first two picks, and after Richardon, I consider Short the best of the bunch. I probably would've picked him at 25 anyway. Other possibilities inlcuded Barrett Jones, Jonathan Cooper, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods and Alex Okafor.

#56 overall - WR Da'Rick Rogers: After Cordorelle Patterson, I consider Rogers to be the only elite potential WR in the draft. There are lots of quality #2's, borderline #1's, but Patterson adn Rogers are the only ones I see with Pro Bowl potential. Roger's has major off field issues, but has the length, speed and polish to make an immediate impact. Other options included Sylvester Williams, Brandon Williams, Tavon Austin and Margus Hunt.

#87 overall - TE Jordan Reed: Reed is my favorite target at TE. Great speed and RAC ability, smooth route runner who gives Wilson a deep middle target. Montori Hughes was the only other possibility for me.

#96 overall (from the Chiefs) - OLB Sio Moore: Moore is a former DE who transitioned to linebacker and showed suprising cover skills. Great length and solid speed, he's a jack of all trades linebacker who can rush the passer as well.

#120 overall - OL David Bakhtiari: Athletic but undersized tackle who has played both RT and LT in college, but I project him as a guard for us. His athleticism will be huge on pulls, traps and second level blocking, but he'll need to add some bulk and upper body strength to be a force in the power run game.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast