Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 140
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,200
    Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    On who? Crabtree?
    That gets called 99 times out of 100 on the defender. You know it, I know it, the officials know it, and the Harbaugh family knows it.
    I use stats like a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Manassas, in the Old Dominion
    Posts
    16,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzious View Post
    That gets called 99 times out of 100 on the defender. You know it, I know it, the officials know it, and the Harbaugh family knows it.
    Come on over to the General NFL forum, we're debating it there. I say in real time, in a game where it was obvious they were allowing A LOT of leeway to both sides, it was a consistent call. Also, Crabtree was pushing off the defender's facemask, which also gets called 99 out of 100 times against the offense. But they let both go, which I feel was consistent for the entire game.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    42,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzious View Post
    JB, because Harbaugh saw a mis-match that he was bound and determined to take advantage of. And he would have been successful if the officials simply called a blatantly obvious foul.
    bah. It goes right against his smash mouth, man up, philosophy. Seems to me the 49ers pride themselves on being a physical, run first team. When it came time to do it, they wussed out and ran some lame passing plays that have low success rates for QBs not named Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers. Kaep is a nice QB, but throwing with touch in a tight window is not his forte.

    The mismatch was the Ravens run D vs his run O.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    15,951
    Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    Come on over to the General NFL forum, we're debating it there. I say in real time, in a game where it was obvious they were allowing A LOT of leeway to both sides, it was a consistent call. Also, Crabtree was pushing off the defender's facemask, which also gets called 99 out of 100 times against the offense. But they let both go, which I feel was consistent for the entire game.
    I don't want to go into that minefield but my opinion is that if you make the call on Culliver on a crucial play you have to make that call as well.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    I've been a very vocal supporter of the Cousins pick. But saying he can step in and lead the team to 11-5 is simply not realistic IMO. There is a huge drop off from RGIIi to Cousins. Hell there is a huge drop off from RGIII to most of the starting QBs in the league.

    So yeah not having reigning NFL ROY, the guy who was most responsible for the Redskins turnaround, would be a downer as well as severely limiting our ability to go 11-5.
    Just because Cousins isn't mobile as RGIII doesn't mean it's a huge drop off. Last I checked, a mobile quarterback STILL hasn't won a Superbowl. Why? One main reason is that they can't get through a 16 game schedule uninjured. Pocket QB's continue to win Super Bowls.

    We haven't seen enough of Cousins to comment on his accuracy, or a couple of other intangibles that a winning QB must have. But what we have seen is that he's more then a capable backup. How much more? I think we are about to find out. Matt Schaub was a backup, Rich Gannon was a back up. To just say Cousins can't be a starter because he wasn't drafted to be is just flat out wrong.

    But again, this is a pleasant problem considering where we've come from.
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
    Posts
    15,045
    Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Vince Young...

    All running QB's, All NFL ROY,
    I bleed Burgundy, I piss gold, and crap on Blue Stars!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    31,013
    I understand what you are saying SW, I've been saying the same thing for years about pocket passers . Hitting what you throw at is job description #1 and running is strictly a bonus.

    But it should be obvious that RGIII is something special, even without the running. As I also said I was a big fan of the Cousins pick from the beginning but at this point he is still a 4th round pick who had a good game (Cleveland) and so so to bad game (Atlanta) and he pulled out the Ravens game after RGIII got them to the 20. Didn't they have the same number of picks despite Griff playing all but a game and a half? That to me was the most amazing part of Griff's rookie season, he had fewer picks than Luck and Wilson combined. Just see a big drop off, don't know how it can't be looked at any other way.

    Oh yeah, totally agree with Ruz on the hold on Crabtree. That is a penalty in the 1st quarter so why isn't it a penalty in the 4th?
    Last edited by Darrell Green Fan; 02-06-2013 at 12:31 PM.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    42,245
    they should just cut RG3 now to avoid the obvious trainwreck that is going to happen soon

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Manassas, in the Old Dominion
    Posts
    16,561
    Steve Young sends his regards...

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    54,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzious View Post
    That gets called 99 times out of 100 on the defender. You know it, I know it, the officials know it, and the Harbaugh family knows it.
    Funniest line I read after the SB:

    "The most common phrase to be heard at Harbaugh family outings for the next 10 years: 'It was a ****ing hold!!'"
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    10,375
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Funniest line I read after the SB:

    "The most common phrase to be heard at Harbaugh family outings for the next 10 years: 'It was a ****ing hold!!'"
    Will go down like the Buffalo Sabres "No Goal" chant as one of history's longest running whine fests. You can be the chairman of the movement.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mount Airy, MD
    Posts
    31,013
    Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    Steve Young sends his regards...
    Steve Young is in the Hall of Fame because he was one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. His running was like a super model wife who can also cook a killer lasagna, strictly a bonus.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    808 state
    Posts
    42,245
    Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    Will go down like the Buffalo Sabres "No Goal" chant as one of history's longest running whine fests. You can be the chairman of the movement.
    or the Raider fans "fumble" re: the tuck rule

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Manassas, in the Old Dominion
    Posts
    16,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    Steve Young is in the Hall of Fame because he was one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. His running was like a super model wife who can also cook a killer lasagna, strictly a bonus.
    Sound like anyone you know?

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    10,375
    Quote Originally Posted by duck View Post
    Sound like anyone you know?
    I personally do not know any supermodels who cook a killer lasagna.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Fantasy Football Rankings


Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.