Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Detection

I ended up doing a full scan of my PC with Microsoft Essentials because I click ignore and still come here when I get the attack page warning. It found a pretty nasty Java exploit on my PC. So I won't ignore this anymore, if I get that warning I will not ignore it and come here anymore. I have no idea if that exploit came from here, but I have definitely had stuff attack that Security Essentials realtime protection caught, so this site is my first choice as to were I got the trojan.
    I am clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan R. Bonini View Post
    Google (who is giving the notifications to you when you try to load the site) has told me this:
    This might be true... but after a few days - assuming the report has ceased - I receive the same notification again...

So far - knock on wood - a combinatiopn of ad blockers and AV programmes has managed to keep the virus out... but it is getting extremely annoying... I have seen people talk about leaving since this problem keeps popping up again and again...
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

Quote Originally Posted by DutchBird View Post
    This might be true... but after a few days - assuming the report has ceased - I receive the same notification again...

So far - knock on wood - a combinatiopn of ad blockers and AV programmes has managed to keep the virus out... but it is getting extremely annoying... I have seen people talk about leaving since this problem keeps popping up again and again...
    Would clear your cache out; that might be why you see the lingering notification from time to time.
    Access free fantasy football, baseball and NASCAR rankings, sleepers and more at http://www.kffl.com/

Follow me on Twitter at @RyanBonini and @kffl, and also join KFFL on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan R. Bonini View Post
    Would clear your cache out; that might be why you see the lingering notification from time to time.

I clear my cache regularly... it is the identical notification, merely a different date listed by google.
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

When someone's AV screams at them or blocks an attempted malicious download from your banner ads, google's thoughts on your site are sort of irrelevant.

They can say you're clean or not, someone's AV is a more accurate indicator.

Why are you guys pigeonholed into using a doubleclick ad rotator up top? You have zero control over the legitimacy or safety of the banner ads....
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Guys I got a malware infection on the site about three days ago. It infected my adobe flash program and took over my computer. It was one of these viruses that pretends to be an antivirus program and repeatedly warns you that you have to go to their site and pay money to regain control over your computer and surf the internet again. I had to do a system restore to go back to windows settings from several days earlier and run some anti-malware software to regain control of my computer. This problem is NOT fixed and sadly, some of us are to the point that we are thinking of leaving KFFL if this is not resolved soon.

I just got another warning from Google, after not receiving one for a few days. So, per Ryan's suggestion a few posts back, I cleared my browser cache. (actually I cleared my entire browser history)

That didn't appear to help, as I just received another warning from Google.

Seems like the Boninis like to say the problem is over and ignore the fact that everyone is getting the same warnings and viruses and it's not just coming from Google.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Ha! The top and bottom banner ads are now Norton and MacKeeper respectively. If that's not an omen I don't know what is (and I haven't visited the page of, researched or tried to acquire either).
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

I keep getting "exploit toolkit website 8" everytime...
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

OK, everybody abandon desktops/laptops. Nothing here on tablet/phone.

Far from it, have probably spend the vast majority of our days on this any time someone says they've seen a warning whether we can replicate it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveUp2122 View Post
    Seems like the Boninis like to say the problem is over and ignore the fact that everyone is getting the same warnings and viruses and it's not just coming from Google.
    Access free fantasy football, baseball and NASCAR rankings, sleepers and more at http://www.kffl.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    When someone's AV screams at them or blocks an attempted malicious download from your banner ads, google's thoughts on your site are sort of irrelevant.

They can say you're clean or not, someone's AV is a more accurate indicator.
    I was referring to the blocker that comes up on the page from time to time, that is controlled by Google and if it appears we have to request them to review the site again to determine if anything malicious has been found. Once they do, they either say it's good or it's bad... if it's good, it takes time for them to remove the page blocker.

But yes, always rely on whatever AV software you have above and beyond anything else. Personally, I'm a big fan of also having Malware Bytes auto-detect system going at all times on top of a standard AV but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by WIZ View Post
    OK, everybody abandon desktops/laptops. Nothing here on tablet/phone.
    Seems to be the plan.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast