Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The more I think about it, Geno's got the pedigree as well. Multi-year starter. Actually dominated in college. Clearly has the arm strength and accuracy, plus has some mobility (but he's not a runner like Pat White and Jarrett Brown before him).

He really might be the answer even if he's not in the Brady class. I can certainly see him reaching the Matt Ryan/Eli Manning class.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    The more I think about it, Geno's got the pedigree as well. Multi-year starter. Actually dominated in college. Clearly has the arm strength and accuracy, plus has some mobility (but he's not a runner like Pat White and Jarrett Brown before him).

He really might be the answer even if he's not in the Brady class. I can certainly see him reaching the Matt Ryan/Eli Manning class.
    I think Geno has a good shot to go #1 if he does well throughout the draft process. I don't think he has any major flaw so long as his work ethic and character check out. If a QB is going #1, it might as well be him.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I think Geno has a good shot to go #1 if he does well throughout the draft process. I don't think he has any major flaw so long as his work ethic and character check out. If a QB is going #1, it might as well be him.
    From all accounts I've read/seen/heard his character/leadership/work ethic are strong points, moreso even than his gaudy numbers and clear talent.

It seems the only reason he's not getting more clear recognition to be the top guy and a worthy choice is that WVU's defense was so truly, unbelievably bad that the team didn't end up doing all that well, which of course is in complete spite of Smith's performance. I mean, 70-63? Dropping 49 on the Oklahoma Sooners and losing? ... WTF?

I think everyone had Heisman expectations after the hot start and then he fell off quite a bit in some games. Still a solid prospect. There always has to be a question of how he translates to being under center and being in an NFL offense, depending on where he goes, since some NFL teams are basically running a spread offense now.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I think everyone had Heisman expectations after the hot start and then he fell off quite a bit in some games. Still a solid prospect. There always has to be a question of how he translates to being under center and being in an NFL offense, depending on where he goes, since some NFL teams are basically running a spread offense now.
    I don't understand why more teams don't just run the pistol. You can run a pro style out of the pistol formation. it's just a quicker, more efficient way to get the ball to the QB.

I remember ESPN the magazine did a study and said the shotgun gets the ball to the RB faster as well as giving the QB more time to read and react to the defense.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Back to Glennon - I predict right now him going to Arizona in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    From all accounts I've read/seen/heard his character/leadership/work ethic are strong points, moreso even than his gaudy numbers and clear talent.

It seems the only reason he's not getting more clear recognition to be the top guy and a worthy choice is that WVU's defense was so truly, unbelievably bad that the team didn't end up doing all that well, which of course is in complete spite of Smith's performance. I mean, 70-63? Dropping 49 on the Oklahoma Sooners and losing? ... WTF?
    Maybe I should have worded that differently. I have no reason to question his character, I just meant that all prospects go under the microscope during the process and you never know whats out there that we haven't been privy to so far. I think Geno will end up going first, but its too early to say for sure.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    You think they are going to go QB in round one and two? Or you think there is some way they don't take a QB, any QB, in the first?

Because I am a Lions fan, in the same division as Chicago Bears. Two teams that for much of the time I watched them had a new starting QB every year or two top. And i have never seen a team more desperate for a QB than these cards.

I am glad KC will get the #1 pick and draft a guy like Smith so the actual talent slides a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
    You think they are going to go QB in round one and two? Or you think there is some way they don't take a QB, any QB, in the first?

Because I am a Lions fan, in the same division as Chicago Bears. Two teams that for much of the time I watched them had a new starting QB every year or two top. And i have never seen a team more desperate for a QB than these cards.
    Sure, but grasping for a mediocre one is what got them here in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    I am glad KC will get the #1 pick and draft a guy like Smith so the actual talent slides a bit....
    Its always nice to see QBs go off the board when you don't need one, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    QB #1 is always a given. If you're a team picking in the 4-7 region, what you really need to be hoping for is a team like Jacksonville or whoever to reach for Barkley or someone.

Glennon seems like the best of this terrible class. Praying the Eagles don't draft one.

Glennon could easily move up 5-10 spots in the postseason and wind up in the top 5. Whoever these scouts finally decide is actually the best QB out of this group has a great chance of going #1. Top two teams need one.
    Last edited by eaglesnut; 12-20-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    There is 0 chance that Glennon leaves the top 10 , let alone 1st round.

McShay + Mayock + Kiper have him as their no.1 QB right now. And that's before the bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    There is 0 chance that Glennon leaves the top 10 , let alone 1st round.

McShay + Mayock + Kiper have him as their no.1 QB right now. And that's before the bowl game.
    Scouts Inc is McShay, no?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32
    Player Pos. School Grade
    1. Star Lotulelei DT Utah 96
    2. Damontre Moore* DE Texas A&M 96
    3. Chance Warmack G Alabama 96
    4. Luke Joeckel* OT Texas A&M 96
    5. Jarvis Jones* OLB Georgia 96
    6. Barkevious Mingo* DE LSU 95
    7. Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame 95
    8. Bjoern Werner* DE Florida St 95