These are just a few observation/generalizations/predictions that I want to share from/for this year and years passed.
1. The defending Superbowl champs have now lost to everyone in their division once with one of those games coming at home.
1a. SF just lost to the Rams, after tying them the first meeting.
1b. GB has also lost to both the 49'ers and the Seahags = no real worries for common opponents tie break
2. I don't know too many people that predicted us to go undefeated, yet I see disbelief and amazement when we do lose, right before the sky starts falling. Seattle has had our number the last 3 meetings now.
3. We are in the middle of the longest winning streak against Minnesota, our next game, who just lost an emotional game to the fudgies.
4. We tend to win after a tough loss under Lovie (unless you factor in last year with Cutler and Forte out).
5. Our defense, while very good, occasionally has an annoying knack for overlooking the ability of the QB to make plays, unless we are specifically playing a Mike Vick/Cam Newton. It happened with Tebow last year and it just happened with Wilson.
6. At 8-4, it is likely for us to finish 11-5 and maybe 12-4 if we beat Green Bay at home. Especially considering that we play the Vike, Lions and Cards, none of whom have much to play for the last few weeks.
7. If we do run the table and beat GB we will hold the division and conference tie breaks against them for division win and playoff seeding. Not bad for this team sucking like some have been insinuation.