Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    In the long run, no doubt. There is no such thing as carryover in the NFL.
    Yes there is. You can do the research. I've done the trending when I was younger (and I haven't noticed anything that would change it). Clearly it wouldn't be absolute and every team can be different, but correlation exists no doubt about it. I would attribute it to an entire off season of believing that you are NFL game winners instead of NFL game losers.

Here's one example. The Cardinals finished last season 6-2. They carried that over to win their first 4 games this season.

They can have the possible carryover for the first few games of next season...I'll take the top picks.

The Eagles and Cards played well to end last season but sucked overall....and they both suck again this year despite good starts. To me...thats not really carryover.
    Last edited by swat; 12-06-2012 at 09:35 PM.

With a whole new crew coming to town I wasn't implying that we would benefit at all from winning. There won't be a carryover effect here. And we can't even get to 6-2 anyway.

I get what you are saying. My point is that once you hit 8 losses...Id rather just lose the rest. Fk any possible carryover. Now...I dont want to be getting blown every week though. Close losses can be considered positive too when reviewing the season.

If you are in the playoff hunt in last quarter of the year then yeah, Id take wins there and hope for some carryover the next season.

I just want to see the young guys play strong and finish the season well. If Foles goes off for 325, 3 TD's and we so happen to win the game ... I'm not going to be mad about it at all. Ditto Bryce Brown going off for another 150+ yards with some scores. Joeckel's an excellent prospect, but imo Matthews isn't far behind at all and can be had a few picks later. I'm also not as in love with Star as everyone else (not saying I don't like him, just that he's not a guy I'm tanking for) ... he's certainly not a must have like a Griffin or Luck would have been last year.

Another thing there is to consider is that a new head coach will most likely want his own QB unless Foles is really convincing these last few games and even then he may still want another one. I know I would.

Only coachs that probably wont want a pretty high pick at QB is Gruden or his brother. Jon seems to like Foles and Im sure his brother would too. Or.....Reid. But Im hoping we dont have any of those guys. I want some really good competition for FOles in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    Are you guys at the point where you are going to openly root for them to lose while watching? I'm just curious because I spent the last 8 games doing just that with the Skins. I took a lot of crap, wife thought I had lost it when I was cheering the Vikes guy to get to the end zone. But I knew the prize was RGIII and that meaningless loss to the Vikes late in the year was forgotten in a day and it changed our future.

But this year there is no RGIII. Does that change things for you?
    I got a lot of crap last year for wanting the eagles to lose out when we were 4-8 just to have a chance at RG3.

The Eagles should have outbid the Redskins for RG3. I see nothing in Foles that would indicate he has the tools to become anything more than a stopgap measure at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by skinzfan View Post
    The Eagles should have outbid the Redskins for RG3. I see nothing in Foles that would indicate he has the tools to become anything more than a stopgap measure at the position.
    I probably agree. He looks very Jason Campbell-like. Similar size, arm strength, athleticism. I do think Foles is smarter and has better leadership qualities.

Foles has nothing but backup reps and 3 games so far. He's shown a ton. Like RGIII you have to wait til they get comfortable and teams get tape on them. You can't make any definitive evaluations on either at this point.

I thought Foles took a big step forward this last game. This kid is just getting his feet wet ... no way of knowing if he's a flop or the next Tom Brady. Luckily we have a few more games to evaluate what we have in him before we hit the off season.

The Eagles were picking 15th, the Redskins 6th. There was no way they could have put a package together to match Washington's.

As I put in another thread:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eagles are just plain sad. Poorly coached, limited talent left on the team, on an 8 game losing streak so they must be doubting their ability to win a game. DLine changing from Wide 9 to a read and react philosophy so there will be some negative impact. Eagle DBs are the laugh of the league and seem to talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Might even see a suprise player or two sit more than they play for the next couple of games.

Not much hope for the final three games either. Home with Bengals (with a Thursday night game so no time to prepare and Bengals looking better) and Skins (RGIII - enough said) then finish the season in NY. Eagles officially the worse team in the NFC. Chiefs, Jags, Raiders are the only teams in their league right now. Top four pick looks solid bet at this point. Top 2 is with in reach.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure why you would post that in either thread. We all watch them and see what's happening. It's no revelation that it's been a terrible year.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456