Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I think Iupati went 13 and he has become one of the best in football. Decastro tore his ACL so who knows how good he is. Yes, history tells us that OGs fall, but it also tells us that maybe they shouldn't. Warmack probably grades out even better than either one of those guys too. He's a bit stronger than Decastro and a bit more refined and tested than Iupati was.
    I'm not saying that they were bad prospects, it's just the over-the-top hyperbole associated with the position (recently) that I don't recall seeing when describing other positions. I mean, how many, "once in a decade" guards can their be in successive drafts?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    I'm not saying that they were bad prospects, it's just the over-the-top hyperbole associated with the position (recently) that I don't recall seeing when describing other positions. I mean, how many, "once in a decade" guards can their be in successive drafts?
    The draft showed that DeCastro wasn't a once in a lifetime prospect but a solid guy who was simply overrated by draftniks. Warmack isn't overrated, he has top 10 talent and may well be drafted that high. He dominated in last night's game against a very solid Notre Dame top 7 interior defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    What's the poop on Alvin Bailey ?
    He's a round 2/3 type. Solid potential and should be a 10 year starter in the NFL.

And his dance company is awesome
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

I've been really impressed with Chance Warmack. I think he's going to be a Pro Bowl type player at the NFL level if he works hard, because he has that type of talent.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    And his dance company is awesome
    Light on his feet no doubt
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by kenroher View Post
    The draft showed that DeCastro wasn't a once in a lifetime prospect but a solid guy who was simply overrated by draftniks. Warmack isn't overrated, he has top 10 talent and may well be drafted that high. He dominated in last night's game against a very solid Notre Dame top 7 interior defenders.
    Doesn't hurt any that he's playing in between a guy that when he goes pro will probably be a top ten pick (Kouandjio) and another guy who has a good shot at being a first rounder himself (Jones; who won the Outland last season).

Could just as easily say the same in reverse though.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Really not directly related, but this guard thing really grinds my gears. Seemingly every year there's a, "best guard prospect in forever" that comes out and is slated by all the, "pundits" to go in the top 10. Draft day comes, these guys invariably fall to the back half of round one.

2012: Chance Warmack - Best guard ever!
    2011: David DeCastro - Best guard ever!
    2010: Mike Iupati - Best guard ever!
    Chance who? Jonathan Cooper best guard ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Could just as easily say the same in reverse though.
    Agree to disagree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12