The Kendial Lawrence Debate - Who was right?

Obviously we dont have the type of discussion in the league that we used to, but we did have a lively discussion about whether Lawrence was a reach or good value when he was picked in our draft at the end of Round 4.

He finished the season with minimal receiving totals but 1,000 yards rushing and 12 TDs. I argue that these statistics make him at least a decent pick for Winsley, if not good value.

1. He was predictable. One of the problems with some guys is that they will play well against a good D then bust against a bad D and you dont iknow when to start him. Lawrence was predictably bad Florida, Bama, Georgia, South Carolina. In the other 8 games where he should ahve been started, he was good. We have huge rosters so you can bench him for the Bama/Geo games.

2. Look at guys picked before him at RB that he outperformed. Starting from the top of round 1 - Marcus Lattimore, Rex Burkhead, John White, Curtis McNeal, Lache Seastrunk, Michael Holmes, Isi Sofele, Cierre Wood, Dominque Whaley, ONterio McCalebb, Fitz Touissant. Basically he outperformed 2 out of 3 RBs picked in front of him.

3. He was a key factor in aiding WInsley to a division titl.....uh, well at least he didn't finish in last.

You forgot Christine Michael.

What a waste he was as well.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Yeah, I checked on his progress sometime during the season, and it appeared he was actually doing fairly well. I thought about whether James Franklin's fizzling may have contributed to this, but honestly, I think the chances that Lawrance would've put up as good or better stats with a fully-healthy, firing-on-all-cylinders Franklin were at least 50%. No doubt, he did well. Also, let my finish in the division be noted. Obviously I'm not one who's opinions on fantasy predictions should be given much weight. ;)
    Remember: French Canadians are almost as bad as the real thing.

-Captain America

Burnt is alive!!!

Good to see you back bro
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

What about Keenan Davis? ;)
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Lawrence was one of the few things that went right for me this season. Bottom line is that having Rex Burkhead and Isi Sofele as my first 2 picks were killer. 4-9 with a few close losses. I'm more of the 2011 Carolina Panthers than the 2012 Indianapolis Colts