Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    He has some potential. But at the same time, he came out with a rep for being overweight, has been hurt twice in year 1, and barely cracked 350 yds.

In fact, the 2+3+4 receivers together didn't even crack 1000 yds combined. So even if Jeffery does pan out, there's nothing at all going on in the 3-4 slots.
    I thought Jeffery showed more than enough promise this year, though you're right that he only proved that we've got a right to expect a lot more from him. Wouldn't have dreamt of saying this back in March, but Brandon Marshall's going to be a great influence on Jeffery, and there's reason to expect him to become an awfully good #2 with heir-apparent-to-#1 stuff.

And I still like Bennett a lot. His skills just overlap too much with the other guys': he's a born #2 who's been shunted into a role better suited for a complementary guy. Markus Wheaton will probably catch somone's eye before it makes sense for us to draft him, but if he's available with our third pick or so (wherever that happens to be), he's my idea of perfect. Or Marquise Goodwin late, that sort of thing. Speed, speed, open-field ability, and/or speed.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. Thereís a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if weíre not better it isnít because there arenít plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    Seahawks

Critical need: Pass rushing 3-tech DT
    Major need: WR, OLB (fast WLB type)
    Need: OG, TE
    Depth need: RB/returner type, OT
    Developmental need: QB, RB/FB type
    I'd modify this list by adding a more traditional 4-3 DE to spell either the Leo or Bryant as needed. Bryant is a huge factor in our Run Game but I began to get the feeling that teams were figuring out how to scheme him out of the play and we could use more consistent pressure off the edges. This should be right up there with the 3-tech DT on this list.

WSLB to replace Hill soon will be needed as well as a WR who can get separation more than our current bunch does. but those are covered on your list.

I'd put pass rush of any type #1 for the Hawks.

After that, WR and Guard would follow up.

I believe we have our starting WSLB on the roster already, but competition is needed there and at CB.

Packers:

Offensive line help.

Pass rush, from somewhere, please. Pretty please. Pretty please with sugar on top.

TE.

That I have to mention the first two needs is quite sad. Clay Matthews and..... for the pass rush? Terrible job done on both those fronts over many drafts. Maybe a FA at one of the OL spots is necessary. Time to spend some money and protect the franchise QB? Ya think.......

TE, well, Finley has so far been a major bust. I don't know his contract status, I don't follow that stuff usually. Rodgers needs more weapons, that is clear.

Non-player moves:

A new OC.

A new DC.

Neither of these two will probably occur and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy will stick to the bitter end with what they've got. I hope not, but have no official say in hiring personnel.

With this QB this team needs to go deeper in the playoffs. Yes, they won the SB in 2010. But the team was dead when the Giants, in the Meadowlands, were up 31-10 on the Eagles with less than eight minutes to play. Then, well, you remember the Giants meltdown. The Jints next game, fortunes of the schedule(!) had them at Lambeau. The rest, as they say, is history.

Outside of 2010, no playoff in 2008, one and done in 2009 and 2011, a WC win in 2012 then embarrassment. That is not good enough with this QB. I treasure the 2010 SB winning team, but was it fluke with the talent outside of the QB? Right now it certainly seems to be.

Finally, attention needs be paid to strength and conditioning. Too many injuries season after season.
    Last edited by excalibur; 01-16-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    The good die first, And they whose hearts are dry as summer dust Burn to the socket. ~~ William Wordsworth

Quote Originally Posted by hadji View Post
    Major need would be a WR. Jennings won't return and Driver will either retire or leave to play for someone else. Leaving Nelson, Jones and Cobb. Cobb has kind of developed into the #1 while Jennings was out.
    Is Jennings a FA? I don't pay attention to this until after the season. If Jennings leaves, this makes Bulaga over Dez Bryant even harder to swallow. The receiver corps will be thin in the event of Jennings leaving. Jordy can't have another injury filled season. Cobb needs to show me more before I anoint him an heir apparent

Donald Driver's career seems over. That he took a roster spot in 2011 and 2012 speaks volumes about player selection. So I cannot imagine him wearing a Packers uniform yet another year and who would really want him? He certainly won't get much cash up front from a team.

Kicker is a critical need. Crosby has never reached his potential and has fallen apart this year. Its time to move on.
    I disagree. Crosby is solid and righted the ship late in 2012.
    The good die first, And they whose hearts are dry as summer dust Burn to the socket. ~~ William Wordsworth

Is this still getting updated? I updated our needs a bit.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-26-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Opps. It got buried and I forgot about it. I'll try to update today.

Patriots:

Offense -
    QB - 0/5: No need
    RB - 1/5: Danny Woodhead is an impending FA so if he leaves, a scatback late in the draft could be useful
    TE - 0/5: No need, Pats have Gronkandez, Hoomanawanui and Jake Ballard all under team control
    WR - 4/5: Only Brandon Lloyd is under contract, and he may be cut given his cap #. If Welker/Edelman re-sign, this is 2/5
    OT - 2/5: Need some depth here, especially if Vollmer leaves via FA. Marcus Cannon slated to take over at RT if that happens
    OG/C - 2/5: Mankins, Wendell and Connolly form a reliable trio, but a young body behind them to fill in would be welcome

Defense:
    DE - 3/5: Jones is the answer long-term on one side, but he needs a Mathis to his Freeney. Ninko holding it down well for now
    DT - 4/5: Wilfork needs to start getting some breathers. Rest of guys here are JAGs or unknowns (Armond Armstead)
    LB - 1/5: Lots of picks invested here lately and have paid off, but a cover LB who can play STs would be useful
    CB - 5/5: Talib and Arrington are free agents and Dennard may miss time due to off-field problems. Simply need more talent
    S - 4/5: McCourty found a home at S and looks like a Pro Bowler, but a second versatile safety would be really helpful

I'd order it CB, DT, WR, S, DE, in priority.
    "I don't Twitter, I don't MyFace, I don't do any of those things, so I'd probably be the last to know."

- Bill Belichick on the social media exploits of Chad Ochocinco

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Opps. It got buried and I forgot about it. I'll try to update today.
    By today I mean tomorrow. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Detroit Lions

cb
    s

de
    c
    KR/PR

og
    lb(4-3 OLB)

wr
    rb(speed back)
    ot

qb
    te
    This list is still pretty good, but I'd probably move OG up two notches and S down one notch based on changes made since Nas posted the list.

We cut OG Stephen Peterman

We cut KVB

It's looking like Avril will become a free agent.

Also, it sounds like Reggie Bush may be Detroits primary FA target in two weeks.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    Also, it sounds like Reggie Bush may be Detroits primary FA target in two weeks.
    That would be a pretty nice fit. He needs to be more consistent though.

Updated to here.

I'll throw something up for Cleveland, but will wait until the first week of FA is over to go in depth, since things are bound to change a little.

Chiefs could be looking at Dee Milliner or Shariff Floyd w. 1st overall pick. Albert = Franchise Tag.

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta Falcons

DE, MLB, SAM
    RB, RG, CB
    DT, TE
    OL
    QB
    "I just want to be a really filthy old man and get paid for it." -George Carlin

3/12

Bears list has shrunk from "massive" to "maybe manageable"

Bears

C/G
    WR2/3
    LB
    FB
    OL
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast