Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    We need a Big Run to cut this down to 6 by half-time. Duke is shooting the lights out.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    We need a Big Run to cut this down to 6 by half-time. Duke is shooting the lights out.
    Yeah Duke's been light's out, but UNC has been helping them by taking bad shots and turning the ball over. It's hard to believe, but they really don't seem pumped to be playing in this big game. While Duke looks like they just want to kill North Carolina.

Coach K really needs to put Kelly on the bench for the rest of the half. They don't need him getting a 3rd foul.

There's Kelly's 3rd foul. We need a mini-run here. Alright, we're not hitting from outside, we need to take it to the bucket.
    Gang Way!

What's wrong with Coach K? He has to know better. Keeping Kelly in with 2 minutes left in the half and you're up by 18 is stupid.

Duke's rebounding is pathetic.

Suliamon has hit the freshman wall. He hasn't shot well since December. If it wasn't for his defense I don't think he'd even be on the floor.

Down 22 at the half - Duke shooting almost 70%. Not a good start for the Heels.
    Gang Way!

Down 22 at the half - Duke shooting almost 70%. Not a good start for the Heels.
    They're Down 18 not 22, but yeah not a good start. Curry had 15 at the 10 minute mark and only ended with 18. So they did at least slow him down. Kelly having 3 fouls could end up being a factor. The 1st 5 minute of this half will be a telling story.

Damn Plumlee. 6'11 and somehow is holding the ball low enough to knee it out of bounds by accident. Same thing earlier when somehow a 6'11 guy is holding the ball around his midsection to make it easy on the guards to steal it from his. Wasn't he taught to hold the ball high?

I'm a Duke fan, but watching this game I've seen 4 phantom foul call on UNC where even I was thinking where the heck was that foul at?

We're done. It's over. When Hairston made that 3 we had a glimmer of hope, but time and two Duke buckets killed that. The only chance we have now is to start raining 3's (we've only made one all game) and put them on the Foul Line and hope they miss, which they won't - the bucket is open for them tonight).

We got beat early, middle and late. This is what happens when you rely on outside shooting and have an off-night. Congrats to Duke on the sweep.
    Gang Way!

We're done. It's over. When Hairston made that 3 we had a glimmer of hope, but time and two Duke buckets killed that. The only chance we have now is to start raining 3's (we've only made one all game) and put them on the Foul Line and hope they miss, which they won't - the bucket is open for them tonight).

We got beat early, middle and late. This is what happens when you rely on outside shooting and have an off-night. Congrats to Duke on the sweep.

I think UNC going with that 4 guard lineup had a problem with the size of Plumlee and Kelly. I think UNC will be fine as long as they don't play a team who have a good big man.

As for Duke everything was falling tonight and that early jump on UNC was big. I still believe Duke has a big problem rebounding, especially defensive rebounding, and if they have to go up against a great rebounding team like Michigan State they're in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    What happened to North Carolina St. this year? This is a team that was supposed to win the ACC and be a final 4 contender.
    They went 22-9 overall. Not bad. They had a couple of 1-pt losses, and lost 5 games by 4 or less.

They're my darkhorse tourney team as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    They went 22-9 overall. Not bad. They had a couple of 1-pt losses, and lost 5 games by 4 or less.

They're my darkhorse tourney team as of now.
    5th in the ACC when you're the solid favorite to win it isn't that good. They were ranked 6th in the country in AP top 25 and now you an't even find them in the "Others receiving votes" section of the AP. To me they have to be one of, if not, the biggest disappointed in all of college basketball even with a 22-9 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    I doubt that's whats holding up UNC from moving to the Big10. I also can't see how Maryland can possibly win the lawsuit. I haven't been following the suit, but don't Maryland have to abide by the ACC bylaws? If they do they're going to have to pay to get out early. I'm sure the bylaws covered the voting process and with the vote passing to increase the exit fee by such a wide margin I don't see how they can have it overturned. I'm sure they signed documents and knew the rules of the league. I guess we'll see, but IMO they aren't winning the suit. If anything they come to some sort of agreement where Maryland can leave early, but will still have to pay a big chunk of cash. I say the only way that doesn't happen is if the ACC wants to stand tough and try to prove something so teams don't try it again against them.
    I disagree. It's more money to move to the B10, assuming they can avoid a $50 million buyout. No public institution can pay that. They'd get crucified for doing so.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Wow, the ACC/T seedings have been announced and, while I don't like our chances of winning the Tourney, I have to like our draw as the 3rd seed: opening round bye then we'll face the FSU vs. Clemson winner. No offense to fans of those teams but I'd rather face either one of them than Maryland, Virginia or NC State in our opening game. Miami should breeze in their opening but Duke may find themselves facing Maryland in their opener - a team who has beaten them handily once, and seems to match up well with them. With the upsets we've seen this year anything is possible.

GREENSBORO, N .C. - Seeding and first-round pairings have been finalized for the 60th annual Atlantic Coast Conference Basketball Tournament, which gets under way Thursday (March 14) at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Third-seeded North Carolina will play at 9:30 p.m. on Friday night against the winner of Thursday's game between No. 6 seed Florida State and No. 11 seed Clemson.

Top-seeded Miami, second-seeded Duke, third-seeded North Carolina and fourth-seeded Virginia will receive opening-byes into Friday's quarterfinal round.

First-round play opens at noon on Thursday with eighth-seeded Boston College taking on ninth-seeded Georgia Tech. Thursday's 2 p.m. game places No. 5 seed NC State against No. 12 Virginia Tech. In the evening session, No. 7 Maryland faces No. 10 Wake Forest at 7 p.m., followed by No. 6 Florida State against No. 11 Clemson at 9 p.m.

ACC regular season champion and top-seeded Miami will open play Friday at noon against the Boston College-Georgia Tech winner. Virginia faces the NC State-Virginia Tech winner at 2 p.m. Duke meets the Maryland-Wake Forest winner at 7 p.m., while North Carolina will face the Florida State-Clemson winner at 9 p.m.

The tournament continues with the semifinals on Saturday afternoon, followed by Sunday's 1 p.m. championship game.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206715460
    Gang Way!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast