Thread: DukeKentucky

DukeKentucky

Watching the Kentucky/Duke game and let me tell you this years Kentucky team is more talented then last year and that's scary. They might have lost tonight, but it's not for lack of talent. I have no doubt Kentucky will be in the running for the championship. Noel is incredible and they have shooters galore. They had trouble against Duke, but it' early in the season and they were without there PG who was at home sick. Still except for a 5 minute stretch where Duke pulled away they were right there and it's mainly for just lack of experience playing together.

As for Duke their freshman aren't on the same level as Kentucky's, but they have seniors who did what they should against these young guys. As a Duke fan I'm worried about the PG position specifically Cook who never seems like he' in control and at the Center spot where if Plumlee get's in foul trouble they don't have much behind him with the other Plumlee brother out injured and Hairston not really a Center. Still a nice early season test and win. These type of games really help you get ready for the tournament even if you lose.

This Kentucky team is not as talented as last year's at all IMO. They are pretty much less talented at every individual position. They are still quite loaded with talent, but last year was a sickly talented group. Noel is no Davis, they don't have a PG like Teague(who wasn't elite or anything), they don't have a veteran like Miller or a talent like MKG on the wing. Poythress or however you spell it is probably pretty similar to T.Jones I guess.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I didn't see the Duke game, but I did see the UK-UMD game... and Kentucky is in for a long season (by their standards that is).

Noel was schooled by Alex Len- which I'm hoping means Len will be a force for the Terps, but may also just mean that Noel is not as good as he's billed.

Fear the Turtle!!!
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

Yah, Noel will round into form by tournament time IMO, but he's much, much more raw than a guy like Davis or something.

My Wolverines are looking sick though!
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I haven't read a scout's opinion who didn't have Noel as the better defensive player (compared to the Brow). Which is pretty scary.

I wouldn't be worried too much about him.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I'm not worried about him, but I'm not sure I buy that. He hasn't looked like quite as dominant a shot blocker and Davis is about a 10/10 on the grading scale defensively. Noel's a beat though. Someone did compare his D to Bill Russell lol.