Breaking down the Film...

I haven't done this for awhile simply because I don't have the time...but tonight, I have the time...I am breaking down the Eagles/Cowboys film as I DVR'd the game...amazing what you see in slo mo. As I go through Each quarter I will post my thoughts here.

14:56 - Play fake to Mccoy and Vick dumps it off to Celek for for a nice 16 yard game...Play was well designed and well blocked.

14:29 Vick quick drop and fire out to Djax for a quick 9 yard gain....again well designed, quick read and fire, nice play.

14:04 Vick in Shotgun Demarcus Ware Stunts to the inside and blows right on by Evan Mathis like he is standing still. Vick has to throw it away in a hurry to avoid a sack. Vick gets decked anyway and hurts his left arm a bit.

13:59 Vick under center, hard count flag on the play, handoff to Mccoy right side, for about 4 yards First down.

13:44 Vick under center handoff to Mccoy, excellent blocking all around Dennis Kelly blows up the LB leading the way for a nice 6 yard gain.

13:21 Vick under center handoff to McCoy, large opening closes fast because Dennis kelly misses the block on Carter, and Carter Blows up Mccoy in the hole.... 1 yard gain. If Kelly makes that block there is nobody in the picture for at least 10 yards...and uhhh you guys know Shady in open field! Huge Missed opportunity here!!!

12:42 Vick in Shotgun, uses hard count to Draw Dallas offside.

12:26 Vick under center, audibles to a run, hands off to Shady and Shady flat out missed a huge hole opened up on the right side as Dunlap and Kelly blocked down to the tackle and the lb opening a monster hole on the right side, Shady went left and got decked for a loss of one After Evan Mathis got knocked back.

11:49 Vick in Shotgun, play action fake(a poor fake I might add) to brown, quick Screen to Djax for a Big gain, 32 yards...Nice play design.

11:14 Vick in Shotgun from the Dallas 7 yard line, Dallas Stacked the box and stuffed Shady for a 1 yard gain. Dallas simply brought more than we could block.

10:37 Vick in Shotgun, Vick scrambles up the middle as Dallas Reynolds is Steamrolled all the way back almost into Vick, Vick moves quickly to go up the middle for a 3 yard gain.

9:58 Vick under center, drops back quick fade pass, great catch Riley Cooper TD!

9:53 Romo under center handoff going left to Felix jones 4 yard gain ,Eagles in the Wide 9, Trent Cole initially got stood up and got Blocked out of the play, Cullen Jenkins misses tackle in the hole, Akeem Jordan Soft to the play, week attempt, Cole fights off the block to get in on the tackle 4 yards up field.

9:21 Romo under center we are not in Wide 9 , Romo drops back plenty of time as there is NO PRESSURE, Throws an out to Witten who pushed off kendricks and got away with it..5 yard gain.

8:40 Romo under center, Eagles in Wide 9, mild pressure, Romo on a designed rollout right fires to Miles Austin 7 yard gain first down. God Only knows who was suppose to be on the coverage...Casey Mattews, Nate Allen and Akeem Jordan all in the picture.

8:13 Romo under center, Eagles in Wide 9 play blown dead, false start Dallas.

7:56 1st and 15 Romo under center Eagles in wide 9 Felix Jones gets the hand hits teh hole on the left side, Kendricks comes up fast to fill the hole, and Jones runs right by him, and Coleman has to make the tackle 13 yards downfield.

7:21 2nd and 2 Romo under center, Eagles in wide 9 God only knows why, inside handoff to FB Vickers who cuts left, Nate Allen comes up fast to fill the hole but gets Destroyed, Darryl Tapp totally taken out of the play, Cedric Thronton Runs him down after about a 13 yard gain and another First down.

6:42 1st and 10 Eagles in Wide 9 Romo under center pitch right to Dunbar, Kendricks flys up, Whiffs, Nate Allen then Whiffs, Dunbar still on his feet, Landri finally makes the tackle 5 yard gain.

6:06 2nd and 5 Romo under center Eagles again in the Wide 9 God only knows why...handoff to Dunbar going Left, MONSTER Hole as Trent Cole goes inside and Dunbar went outside, Nnamdi has to make the tackle in open field as he flew up to make the stop and keep it to a 3 yard gain, but the Eagles could have been gashed bigtime as their was a huge hole, and Dunbar not Jones got the carry.

5:25 3rd and 2 Romo in Shotgun, Eagles not in Wide 9 Romo throws left to Beasley for a first down. Demeco Ryans with the tackle.

4:47 1st and 10 Romo under center, Eagles in Wide 9, Romo plenty of time, throws Left to Witten for 7 yard gain Nate Allen in coverage, makes the tackle...Soft zone coverage.

4:25 2nd and 2 Eagles in a Semi Wide 9 who knows, Babin is way wide but Cole is in tighter....Romo under center , handoff to Jones they run right at babin who gets pancake blocked, Akeem Jordan hits Jones a yard short of the first down but Jones takes Jordan for a 3 yard piggy back ride...First Down Dallas.

3:41 1st and 10 Romo under center, Eagles in Semi Wide 9 as only Tapp is extremely Wide, delayed Handoff to Felix Jones who runs right by Landri, Huge hole, in open field, Demeco Ryans makes a shoestring tackle....9 yard gain.

2:59 2nd and a foot, Eagles in Wide 9, WHY??? Romo under center , hands to Jones right up the gut for 2 yard gain first down.

2:22 1st and 10 Romo under center Eagles in Semi Wide 9 as only Graham is Wide, Romo drops back, throws quick screen left, Nate Allen can stuff him for a loss, Allen misses the tackle, Nnamdi misses, Tapp misses a tackle, 3 other Eagles get plowed through for a TD.

2:13 1st and 10 Vick in Shotgun, Vick hands to Shady who runs through a nice hole created by Dennis kelly, Shady picks up 6 yards.

1:36 2nd and 4 Vick under center, Vick sets his feet quickly, Fires a strike about 15 yards downfield to maclin, hits him in the numbers, maclin, hit and drops the pass. maclin hurt. Incomplete.

1:28 3rd and 4 Vick in Shotgun, Vick takes the Snap, immediately takes off right, 2 Cowboys right there waiting for him, and they crunch him, no gain. Horrible play call!

:37 1st and 10 Romo under center, Eagles go Semi Wide 9 as babin is way wide, Romo has time, then Cole breaks through, Romo throws about a 10 yard out to Austin who is well covered by DRC incomplete.

:31 2nd and 10 Romo under center Eagles in Wide 9 handoff to Dunbar up the middle, Cullen Jenkins and Babin manhandled, Dunbar runs for 5 before finally being smakced down by Ryans.

END of the First Quarter....This takes an hour plus to do per quarter...So I will try to do a quarter a night, but this really tells you what is happening out there. Watching it in Slow Mo you can clearly see who the problems are out there. My biggest problem right from what i have seen in slow Mo is the damn Wide 9!!! It Blows!

No comments? One thing I can say I noticed watching things in Slo mo, Dennis Kelly needs work on his pass blocking and blitz pickup, but his run blocking is impressive.

Can't agrue with much of what you are seeing. Its evident we can't tackle on defense and can't block on offense

Too depressing to watch more than once. Slow motion? You trying to torture yourself Wings?

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    Too depressing to watch more than once. Slow motion? You trying to torture yourself Wings?
    yeah I am, I'm just looking for something I'm not seeing at full speed.... Like I said the one positive I saw watching the first quarter in Slo Mo is Dennis Kellys run blocking. He opens some huge holes, he gets beat in pass blocking but not straight up, he gets beat by stunts, or blitzes, which tells me Kelly could be a nice project type player.

Can't agrue with what you are seeing in slo-mo. Eagles OLine is basically below-average at best. Eagle D can't tackle (or doesn't want to put the effort into tackling). I'll just throw in that the Eagle Special Teams are basically invisible from a positive production standpoint.

Great effort and detail Wings. Thanks.