Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    I see this took an unnecessary turn.

Nothing on the Lowrie deal boys?
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post

I think it's a good coup for Houston, honestly.

Carter isn't a bad fit for that park.

Not my fault, Nas. don't blame good ole Q for that one. ;)

I think it's a solid deal for Houston. They did what they were supposed to do. Turn less valuable talents (melancon) into multiple parts (Weiland, one year of Lowrie and now 3 prospects).

Carter should be decent until singleton is ready. Playing him in LF outside of Houston or Fenway is a joke though.

I was a BIG Stassi fan pre-draft. I still think he can be solid.

Peacock has 3/4 upside, although i know some like KLaw like him as a RP.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Yah, makes sense for both teams. Oakland needed a SS and Houston is building for the long term. Plus Lowrie is another injury away from losing a lot of value.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I'm biting my tongue so as to keep from engaging in any unnecessary Cherington bashing.

Good deal for both teams...Houston probably maximized Lowrie's value...I saw some comments elsewhere that they'd have been better off trying for 1 great prospect instead of 3 good ones, but I don't know where they think that was going to happen given Lowrie's injury history. And the A's have a productive versatile player that they can plug in at whichever IF spot they need him most since they really still have question marks at all three of 2B-SS-3B.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

I personally like Lowrie at 2B (where his arm plays up better) but it sounds like the A's will use him at 3B. But he can play SS and 3B in a pinch.

to be fair Weeks and Sizemore both fit better at 2B as well.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

With Carpenter out of the year (and possibly forever), has Kyle Lohse finally found a home?

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I personally like Lowrie at 2B (where his arm plays up better) but it sounds like the A's will use him at 3B. But he can play SS and 3B in a pinch.

to be fair Weeks and Sizemore both fit better at 2B as well.
    Sizemore is best at 3B, but otherwise I agree.

I think you might be right on Lohse, makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzious View Post
    I wasn't kidding. Debate is one thing. When you take a shot at me like that, it's not debating. And going round and round talking past each other isn't debating. It's a big waste of time.
    And you weren't being condescending with this post?

How do you on one hand keep on arguing with me, and on your other hand say you agree with me? Seems to me if you agreed with me, you wouldn't be arguing with me. You can't have it both ways. How bout we do it this way - Say, Ruz - I agree with you.
    You can dish it out with snarky comments but can't take it. Gotta love it. Your comment was condescending so I responded in similar form.

And for the record, I don't care if you dish it out. It's a message board. It's about people disagreeing and debating. I don't get insulted about what someone says on here. Dish it out all you like. If you don't like getting it back then leave. Either way I don't care. But don't get on your high horse about insults when I've seen you dole out plenty in your time on these boards.

Feel free to put me on ignore. That's probably best for both of us. If you have anything else you'd like to say, feel free to PM me. I won't be responding in here again.

Sorry to everyone else on this thread.
    Last edited by Rasta; 02-05-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Not my fault, Nas. don't blame good ole Q for that one. ;)

I think it's a solid deal for Houston. They did what they were supposed to do. Turn less valuable talents (melancon) into multiple parts (Weiland, one year of Lowrie and now 3 prospects).

Carter should be decent until singleton is ready. Playing him in LF outside of Houston or Fenway is a joke though.

I was a BIG Stassi fan pre-draft. I still think he can be solid.

Peacock has 3/4 upside, although i know some like KLaw like him as a RP.
    I thought the Nats sold high on Peacock. He had his one phenomenal year in AA but has never been great otherwise. I see him as a back end starter on an average team. I do think he could be great in relief the way that Stammen and Clippard have been. I agree with Law on that.

With Carpenter out of the year (and possibly forever), has Kyle Lohse finally found a home?
    That was sad to hear. Carpenter is a heck of a pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta View Post
    I thought the Nats sold high on Peacock. He had his one phenomenal year in AA but has never been great otherwise. I see him as a back end starter on an average team. I do think he could be great in relief the way that Stammen and Clippard have been. I agree with Law on that.
    I think you're right about Peacock. I think a 3/4 SP is in there. But yeah, last year was a major set back for him.

And how you got Cole back, i have no idea. That was huge for your farm.

- Ghandi

I think you're right about Peacock. I think a 3/4 SP is in there. But yeah, last year was a major set back for him.

And how you got Cole back, i have no idea. That was huge for your farm.
    Yeah I liked that deal. I still have my doubts whether he will ever put it together enough to be more than a back end starter but at the worst he is probably a stud reliever.

Wow. I mean... Wow. But I can't complain. The King will be a Mariner for life.

Fair market value, hopefully it sets things up for Verlander to sign soon, as they are basically the same pitcher. First smart move by the M's in a while.

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast