Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next year?

This sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to getting this back off the ground again!

Goose31 is offline We beat the Giants' asses
    I've spent quite a bit of time on updating the ratings over the last two weeks. The only position I have left is Quarterbacks. Its is the most detailed group, but shouldnt take more than a week at the most. I'll need to do some additional claen-up and then update the players, and then we are still ready to go.

So, I was thinking we would do a quick 1-round draft and then go right into playing a new season of the 1-sec sim games. I want to have a few pre-season games to make sure everything is working correctly, but that shouldnt take too long. I will create a game schedule so everyone will know when they play and I'm thinking of about 2 games per week, or a game every 3 days or so. The season should go quickly.

I'll go ahead and ask for a roll call. Of our 15 other team owners, speak up if you are planning on managing your team for this quick season. We had talked about finishing up with this group and then trying to get a few new owners and starting a whole new season with a new draft and everything. I'll send out a PM to all the coaches for last season. Just check in below.

Here! Spanky is in, too. He just asked about this a few days ago and I filled him in on the plan. He's in
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

MIZ is here!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

As I mentioned before, I am ready, willing, and able to defend what is rightfully mine. Come get some. [/WWEPromo]

Bring it on. PatsFan2003 is back!! Everyone knows how hard it is to repeat. Dilbert is going down!!

Perfect timing now that the football season is over.

Pretty good response so far. RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT! Since we wont get all of our current owners back, if you know of anyone who wants to get involved in the next season, they can start now by taking over an abandoned team. First come, first served.

Otherwise, we will either run the other teams by committee, or we will have to own/manage multiple teams each.

I'm kind of energized about this myself, and I've been working on it most of the day today (my day job be damned!)

Does anyone know anything about Tyke? He was the only owner who I wasnt able to contact via kffl PM. His PM box is full and has been for several months. And he was one of the few guys who never gave me his personal email address. I'd like to track him down and get him back if we can. And what about Avalek? He was the first to abandon his team last year. He never checked back in that I know of. And his team is pretty good. Is he still around? I PM'd him.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose31 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Tyke? He was the only owner who I wasnt able to contact via kffl PM. His PM box is full and has been for several months. And he was one of the few guys who never gave me his personal email address. I'd like to track him down and get him back if we can.
    I left Tyke a visitor message on his profile asking him to clean out his inbox. Dunno if he'll see it, but he hasn't posted on here since early yesterday, so I didn't want to necro a thread he posted in for it. If he checks his profile, or gets a notification about it, that may get through.

<---This guy is back...will go through this new year while patiently awaiting the re-draft
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    Spanky is in, too.
    He's a real person, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    He's a real person, right?
    Yes... he is.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

I put everything aside and was able to finish the updated rankings today. Remember, this is incorporating the 2011 NFL season into our stats. We wont get to the 2012 season until after this season. I still have some clean up to do, but I should be ready sooner than I had mentioned earlier. Just a matter of getting everyone here rounded up.

So far we have: Goose, Femurov, Spankov, MarkItAZero, Dilbert, PatsFan, GiveUp, Augustus, and I know ChildPlease is in too. That's nine, which isnt bad. No word yet from: Avelek, Tyke1doe, Xulu Bak, Shananahan, FinsFan4Life, Yellowknifer, and BHamita.

I have emails for Xulu, Yellow, ChildPlease, and Avelek. I'll send them an email tomorrow to see if they're interested.

I am in!

I'm almost finished updating everyone's roster with the new stats and ratings. Most players dont change too much, but a few have fluctuated slightly. Some players saw a boost (Brees, ARodgers, Suggs come to mind) based on strong 2011 campaigns. We should be ready to go by April 1st. We did say we would do a 1 round draft, so that will be our first order of business. I dont want that to take more than a day. It shouldnt be a big deal, just allowing teams to fill in some holes. I'll make a post on the draft in the coming days.

I've emailed Xulu, Yellowknifer, ChildPlease, and Avelek to see if they want to participate. Hopefully we'll get a couple of those guys back and just have to manage 2-3 teams as a group. Unless anyone has come across someone who would like to pick up an abandoned team to manage them?

Someone should check with the guys doing the mock off-season to see if any of them are interested
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast