Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

If Vikings move, will they retain the name, colors, etc.?

Furthermore, will current Viking fans stay on board? What do you Viking fans here have to say? Go Saints perhaps?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-105-million/

” NFL executive V.P. Eric Grubman told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “You can’t change the deal at the last minute.”

Sure you can. It may not be cool, it may even be really ****ed up. You can do it though. The Minny House just proved that, Eric.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Any amendments will be negotiated in the final bill, assuming it passes both the House and Senate. I've been watching all this stuff today and they've indicated that some of the stuff they are adding are mostly as negotiating cards to play in the final conference committee. What the final bill looks like, if it gets there, will be subject to negotiations between that committee and the Vikes/NFL.

Goodell has already announced that the Vikings have passed the threshold of trying to make things work in Minnesota. That's the key point in determining, from the league's perspective, if the history, colors, name, stats, etc. would go with the team or stay in Minnesota.

The reason Modell had to leave those things behind in Cleveland when he moved to Baltimore was because the NFL had not determined that he did everything possible to make it work in Cleveland. It's why the NFL said that Cleveland would be granted a new team in a couple years. From the NFL's perspective, Modell took his players...not the team.

Now, if current Vikings fans will continue to be fans of the team should they move to LA and be the LA Vikings...? That's an interesting question I'd be interested in hearing from some of the Viking faithful here. And, if not the Vikings...who?
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be for Vikes fans. It pisses me off and I'm a Lions fan.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

I'm fairly confident this bill is going to pass, at least with respect to getting it to conference committee. What happens after that, who knows. They could remove the new amendment to have the Wilfs pay another $105M and beyond but then does that change the final vote? Who knows, we'll see. All I know is that they've never been this far and I think it'll get done but its far from a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    Goodell has already announced that the Vikings have passed the threshold of trying to make things work in Minnesota. That's the key point in determining, from the league's perspective, if the history, colors, name, stats, etc. would go with the team or stay in Minnesota.

The reason Modell had to leave those things behind in Cleveland when he moved to Baltimore was because the NFL had not determined that he did everything possible to make it work in Cleveland. It's why the NFL said that Cleveland would be granted a new team in a couple years. From the NFL's perspective, Modell took his players...not the team.
    They can have the purple, lol.

Now, if current Vikings fans will continue to be fans of the team should they move to LA and be the LA Vikings...? That's an interesting question I'd be interested in hearing from some of the Viking faithful here. And, if not the Vikings...who?
    I'd still be a fan, since I'm invested in the players / org more than where it physically is. I'd certainly follow them a bit less, however, as local radio wouldn't cover them as much.

I'd likely start following a second team more (Broncos, since I'm thinking of moving to CO in a few years.)
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

It just passed the House with 73 votes, needed 68. Needs to pass the Senate in the next few days, then a vote in both chambers on the full bill. Should be interesting, far from a lock but looking fairly good.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    It just passed the House with 73 votes, needed 68. Needs to pass the Senate in the next few days, then a vote in both chambers on the full bill. Should be interesting, far from a lock but looking fairly good.
    The bill that passed had the team contributing an extra $100M. Will the Vikings agree to something like that?
    Punctuation saves lives.

The bill that passed had the team contributing an extra $100M. Will the Vikings agree to something like that?
    I am guessing they meet somewhere in the middle....they also want to split naming rights to the percentage of investment....they should also meet in the middle on cost overruns.....I admit, the bill, before amended, was a pretty good for the vikes...
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

From what I understand the Senate bill is going to be different than the House bill, so the extra $100 million is not set in stone as of yet. Once the Senate bill passes the two chambers will go into negotiations on the final product before it heads to Gov. Dayton to sign it. I personally hope that the bill does ask for an increased contribution from the Vikings organization, they are going to make out like bandits no matter what the final funding bill is.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Probably not, but it will be resolved when the two bills (House/Senate) have to be reconciled, again assuming it will be passed by the Senate. Then there is the question of how many votes removing that costs them in the House.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Probably not, but it will be resolved when the two bills (House/Senate) have to be reconciled, again assuming it will be passed by the Senate. Then there is the question of how many votes removing that costs them in the House.
    I saw that the Vikings have already said that that amendment is not workable. Of course, there is a lot of negotiating still to be done...even assuming the Senate passes their version of the bill (and I think the House was the more tenuous situation...).
    Punctuation saves lives.

I saw that the Vikings have already said that that amendment is not workable.
    Well of course they would say that. They are just being a bunch of whiny little b*tches right now. In the end a bill will come out of the state legislature and get signed by the governor, the Vikings don't have to agree to it but it will show their true intentions if they don't.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    Well of course they would say that.
    Of course. As I said, there are still negotiations that will occur. Why would the Vikings come out now and agree to that amendment?

And I'm not sure that you can really say that the Vikings have been acting like "a bunch of whiny little b*tches" through all of this.
    Punctuation saves lives.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast