Just bought an ipod

But had to reformat my HD a while back, and my entire library is on my iphone. Is there any way to get it to my new ipod, or even my itunes account without erasing it?

I've tried to sync my library, but it says it'll erase what's on my iphone, so I stopped.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

There's an agonizingly long way to do it, by creating a bunch of playlists and burning all the music off your phone to CD, then copying from CD to your PC. But if you Google it, I'm sure there is 3rd party software that may or may not be legal, but would allow you to do it.

Yeah, iTunes is retarded....but google your question...with Apple..it's always 3 clicks or less to do anything or you just can't do it.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

By the way...there's a chance (unsure about iPods) that your iPod could find and sync your iTunes account wirelessly....or at the very least show that your songs are downloadable for free in the store...unsure...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

There are several 3rd party tools that will pull mp3s off your Ipod.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Can't you get iCloud or something like that? Even if you had to iCloud it onto your PC and then download the music to your iPod, I think it would work.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."