Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cotto-Mayweather

I so badly want to see that punk Mayweather get knocked out, but I know it probably won't happen unfortunately...

Not a chance in hell! 16%, that's all that needs to be said. Money!

I mean, how could you not love that stare down at least a little?
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I think Mayweather has to fall eventually, but I don't think this is it, I think Manny Pacquiao is it...

Well at least he gave Mayweather a bloody nose. He is just not skilled enough to touch the dude up.

Wake me up when Duckweather quits hiding behind the payout.

I almost wish Pac would take the pathetic payout Duckweather is offering just to see how badly Duckweather would panic and come up with another excuse.

40 mil is pathetic now? Go fight someone else for 20 then. Jesus. You get more and more extreme on this subject. What's your angle? Is this like when Floyd was "ducking" Paul Williams. Lol. Anyone who has watched each of these guys fight a couple times can't legitimately think Pac could beat Floyd. Why would he possibly be scared after watching that Marquez fight? A guy Floyd gave the most embarassing beating I've ever seen in a boxing ring.

fwiw though, I can't imagine anyone could go up 13 fighting lbs in 9 months realistically at age 29. Especially in that weight range. Especially when the first weight was a move up.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Also, I gotta admit, I never thought Floyd would apologize to Merchant. I liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    40 mil is pathetic now? Go fight someone else for 20 then. Jesus. You get more and more extreme on this subject. What's your angle? Is this like when Floyd was "ducking" Paul Williams. Lol. Anyone who has watched each of these guys fight a couple times can't legitimately think Pac could beat Floyd. Why would he possibly be scared after watching that Marquez fight? A guy Floyd gave the most embarassing beating I've ever seen in a boxing ring.

fwiw though, I can't imagine anyone could go up 13 fighting lbs in 9 months realistically at age 29. Especially in that weight range. Especially when the first weight was a move up.
    Speaking of extreme...

You guys continually miss the point on the payout. You can't compare the payout between Pac and Mayweather to other fights. It's going to be a record breaker.

It's not the total payout that is pathetic, it's the fact that Floyd demands a 60/40 split. He's doing it because he knows Pac won't (and shouldn't) accept it.

Please explain why he shouldn't, because I'm quite baffled here. I honestly have no idea how you have come to this conclusion, I'm not being obtuse or a smartass.

Because you can't make the claim that "Duckweather is doing anything to make this fight happen", as he is demanding a 60/40 payout. If he really wanted the fight to happen, he'd go 50/50. Why does he need a bigger slice. Yes, Floyd is a draw, but people will be watching this fight for both fighters, not just Floyd.

of course both fighters are a draw, but to what degree? That's what negotiations are for. Its not clear cut 50/50 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Because you can't make the claim that "Duckweather is doing anything to make this fight happen", as he is demanding a 60/40 payout. If he really wanted the fight to happen, he'd go 50/50. Why does he need a bigger slice. Yes, Floyd is a draw, but people will be watching this fight for both fighters, not just Floyd.
    Because he's not only the better fighter, but the bigger draw. The only reason for this to drop to 50-50 would be if Money lost before this fight. Otherwise he's clearly on a higher tier than Pac, who's rep is only being saved by corrupt boxing judges as he'd lost his last 2 fights to the same freaking boxer.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Because he's not only the better fighter, but the bigger draw. The only reason for this to drop to 50-50 would be if Money lost before this fight. Otherwise he's clearly on a higher tier than Pac, who's rep is only being saved by corrupt boxing judges as he'd lost his last 2 fights to the same freaking boxer.
    Your conspiracy BS (Pac won) aside, it's not about who is the "better" boxer. That's the whole point of the fight. These are the best, and they need to prove it in the ring. I don't see why Pac should be getting some 60/40 split.

Again, you guys claim Floyd has done "everything" to make the fight happen. No, he hasn't! If he really wanted this fight to happen, he could do a 50/50 split on what's going to be a record-shattering payout.

FWIW, I think this would be easier to reply to if we kept all the Mayweather/Pac stuff in one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Your conspiracy BS (Pac won) aside, it's not about who is the "better" boxer. That's the whole point of the fight. These are the best, and they need to prove it in the ring. I don't see why Pac should be getting some 60/40 split.

Again, you guys claim Floyd has done "everything" to make the fight happen. No, he hasn't! If he really wanted this fight to happen, he could do a 50/50 split on what's going to be a record-shattering payout.

FWIW, I think this would be easier to reply to if we kept all the Mayweather/Pac stuff in one thread.
    He won the same way Machida beat Shogun the first time.....
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast