Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FamineGod View Post
    Jacksonville needs to be in the discussion, as well, given the state of their QB play.
    Jacksonville has a fine QB. The mishandling of Blaine Gabbert (and the Jacksonville QB situation in general) by Jack Del Rio was an embarrassment, and I think a lot of people will be surprised at how well Gabbert looks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSeahawk View Post
    Jacksonville has a fine QB. The mishandling of Blaine Gabbert (and the Jacksonville QB situation in general) by Jack Del Rio was an embarrassment, and I think a lot of people will be surprised at how well Gabbert looks this year.
    They should at least have the world's best punter...

I'll believe Gabbert is "fine" when I see it, though.
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

Gabbert came out of school after his redshirt sophomore season. He shouldn't have been thrown out so quickly for any team, let alone a team that had the crap the Jaguars did at wideout last year. He's a great leader and has an elite skillset. A lot of teams are going to regret passing on him, particularly the Cardinals, Redskins, Titans, and Niners.

Gabbert came out of school after his redshirt sophomore season. He shouldn't have been thrown out so quickly for any team, let alone a team that had the crap the Jaguars did at wideout last year. He's a great leader and has an elite skillset. A lot of teams are going to regret passing on him, particularly the Cardinals, Redskins, Titans, and Niners.
    Is a "great leader" afraid of getting hit? To the point that he can't complete a pass because he can't stop looking at the DT about to whack him? That's what I saw every time I watched Gabbert last year.

I read an awful lot about the Skins, watched every game, etc. And when "Blaine Gabbert" is mentioned, generally the context goes "Wow, I am glad we passed on Blaine Gabbert..."

I think Henne will force him to the bench.

Money is on one of Minnesota/Jacksonville/Indianapolis. Wild card for me is Oakland.

I'm cool with having a potential franchise pass rusher for the next decade instead.

That elite skillset doesn't include being accurate.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

I think the Colts,Dolphins,Jags and Vikings are the best bets. Raiders are an option too IMO. I actually like Palmer, but I'm not a big fan of the talent on that D right now and another DMC injury will be crippling. Plus the rest of the division has all gotten stronger. The Manning lead Broncos could finish 3rd and I wouldn't blink.

Browns have a brutal division, so they are an option, but I think Weeden is an upgrade, albeit a small one as a rookie and Richardson is huge as far as helping out the QB and defense. Greg Little sat out his last year of college and seemed to come on towards the end of the year as he got in his groove. With a real camp and what not, he could have a nice year for them.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by 9ERS4EVA View Post
    I'm cool with having a potential franchise pass rusher for the next decade instead.

That elite skillset doesn't include being accurate.

Yah, pretty much. I mean, its not pure accuracy. In a skills competition he could beat many NFL QBs in the accuracy department, but he has no pocket presence whatsoever. The slightest pass rush and he turtles. For this reason, he rarely gets a good throw off where his feet are set and he can properly execute his mechanics. I'm not sure if that's fixable, but it may be. On paper he has it all, but even in college he never produced like he should have.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Minnesota, Miami, or Jacksonville would be my best bets. I doubt Seattle. They play in a weaker division and have a good running game.

I actually don't think Oakland will be in the running. I'm not saying playoffs or anything, but I could see them winning six games. Competent QB, nice group of WR's, good RB (if healthy).

How about Tampa Bay? Will Josh Freeman continue to regress? I am not sold on the Bucs at all this year.

Is there a player Indy wants???

My guess is Miami...
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFin View Post
    I think Henne will force him to the bench.
    That would automatically qualify him for bust status.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast