Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

13 UDFA signed....

WR Elvis Akpla (6-1, 190, Montana State) … pronounced ACK-pluh
    - Posted a school record with 2,270 career receiving yards on 126 receptions, including 18 touchdowns
    - Earned a degree in cellular and molecular biology

LS Matt Camilli (6-4, 245, UTEP)
    - Earned first-team, All-Conference USA honors in 2011
    - Same college as Eagles long snapper Jon Dorenbos

TE Chase Ford (6-6, 245, Miami, FL)
    - Caught 16 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns in two-year career for the Hurricanes
    - Transferred from Kilgore Junior College, where he earned 2nd-team All-American honors

CB Cliff Harris (5-11, 180, Oregon)
    - Was a consensus All-America selection in 2010 for Oregon with six interceptions (1 TD) and an 18.8-yard average on 29 punt returns (4 TDs)
    - Played at Edison High School in Fresno, CA, for head coach Tim McDonald, a former NFL safety

FB Emil Igwenagu (6-2, 245, Massachusetts) … pronounced eh-MEAL ig-wen-AH-goo
    - A two-year team captain at UMass and a first-team All-Colonial Athletic Association selection in 2011
    - Had 38 receptions for 375 yards and three TDs for the Minutemen last year. Also played running back, tight end, and linebacker during his college career.

WR McKay Jacobson (5-11, 199, BYU)
    - Caught 113 career passes for 1,836 yards and 9 TDs at BYU
    - Majored in and is fluent in Japanese. Served his LDS Mission in Japan

WR Damaris Johnson (5-8, 170, Tulsa)
    - As a junior, became the NCAA’s all-time leader in all-purpose yardage (7,796) and kickoff return yardage (3,417) and earned 2nd-team All-America honors
    - Had 150 plays of over 20 yards during his college career

WR Aaron Pflugrad (5-10, 182, Arizona State) … pronounced FLU-grad
    - Totaled 96 catches for 1,241 yards and 8 scores in NCAA career at Arizona State (2010 -11) and Oregon (2007-08)

RB Chris Polk (5-11, 222, Washington)
    - Rushed for 4,049 yards during his Huskies career, 2nd most ever school history. Topped the 1,400-yard mark in his junior and senior seasons.
    - Earned first-team All-Pac 12 honors in 2011 with 1,488 rushing yards and 12 TDs. Averaged 5.1 yards per carry and also grabbed 31 passes.

FB Jeremy Stewart (6-1, 218, Stanford)
    - Was a fifth-year senior in 2011, playing in all 13 games (55-257-9TDs rushing, 7-79-1TD receiving)
    - Majored in mechanical engineering

FS Phillip Thomas (5-11, 198, Syracuse)
    - Led the Orange in tackles (82) and interceptions (6) in 2011 and finished career with 135 tackles and nine INTs
    - Competed in the 800-meter event for the United States track team that won the 2009 IFAF Junior World Championship

P Ryan Tydlacka (6-1, 190, Kentucky) … pronounced tid-LOTCH-ka
    - Averaged 43.6 yards per punt for the Wildcats in 2011, including a 39.6 net yard average (2nd in SEC).
    - Had 20 punts of at least 50 yards, leading the SEC in that category, and he also placed 19 punts inside the 20-yard line.

WR Darnell Williams (6-2, 195, Louisiana College)
    - Led the Wildcats with 62 catches for 1,101 yards and 10 TDs in 2011

I think we got a great crop of Free agents! I can't wait to see Elvis Akpla and Cliff Harris play!

Apparentlhy Philip Thomas is telling everyone that he never signed with Eagles and is signing with the Redskins but the Eagles say he has signed with them. I read elsewhere that his facebook was supposedly hacked and his twitter account says he's an Eagle but other sources say they've talked directly on the phone with Thomas and he is signing with WAS.

They seem to like WR's
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    They seem to like WR's
    we are a heavy passing team... need a lot of camp fodder, for all these QB's to throw to.

I have to admit, when I read the title of this thread... the first thing that popped into my head.. was whether we brought in another C. I'm surprised. lol

On a side note, i'm still reeling a bit about Reid stating that he used McCoy a bit too much last year. The rushing TD's by McCoy was insane. And I keep thinking, this means Reid will go back to passing it more, and the redzone will turn into a bigger issue again. I think he would rather lose doing it his way, than win doing it another way at times. I hope.. it's just a smokescreen attempt.. or they want to lower his numbers for contract negotiating purposes.. or some such silliness... and that Reid might have grasped the importance of a running game. If we had had a 'defense' to go along with this - it's amazing what this team could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    WR Elvis Akpla (6-1, 190, Montana State) … pronounced ACK-pluh
    - Posted a school record with 2,270 career receiving yards on 126 receptions, including 18 touchdowns
    - Earned a degree in cellular and molecular biology
    I'm liking this cat more and more ...

Look at this catch by Elvis Akpla: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8yqz6p28ZE

Haha crazy, I really like this kid, maybe we have our own version of Victor Cruz here..time will tell

He's not really super fast (4.53 40 speed), but his body control is insane ... the kid does a great job of adjusting to the ball when it's in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    He's not really super fast (4.53 40 speed), but his body control is insane ... the kid does a great job of adjusting to the ball when it's in the air.
    Kid totally reminds me of Victor Cruz....has great hands and he sure looks much faster than his timed speed, he smokes everyone on the field my 5-10 yards every play! his moves in open field are sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJNEPtncr4Y

Harris Picked off Luck twice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADYBYI87ykU

I think if Polk can stay healthy he makes this team as our Power back.

Even the UDFAs are sick this year. I can see Polk and Harris fighting for a roster spot.
    Chip is the man!

Polk, Brown, and Harris look like keepers!

We're also going to sign S Kevin Kroboth of Temple.

I like the mix. Cliff Harris could be a huge steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Harris Picked off Luck twice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADYBYI87ykU
    why is he an udfa??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast