Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flipper To Return?

Some of you old timers may remember Flipper, who was a regular on the Eagles board back in the day. For the past 8 1/2 years he has been running the Redskins' web site. Obviously working for the team, and knowing what a petulant, vindictive little prick Daniel Snyder is, he was forced to keep his Eagles alliance quiet. That was one of the main reasons he stopped posting here. Hell when I met him he said he was all in for the Redskins when I teased him about being an Eagles fan as he hooked my up with tickets. He just couldn't risk it getting out.

But I just read where he is leaving the team to work outside of football. So maybe, just maybe, Flipper will return. Hope so, he's good people.

I look forward to his deeply sourced account of working inside the D.C. den of thieves! Dude went deep cover! Now it is time to blow the lid off Little Napoleon and his army of nincompoops!

Flipper's input is always valued here.. one of the best posters around, imho. Can get in the thick of things, and always get away unscathed from the personal arrows or bait - while still hitting a point hard. One of the best MOD's we have had as well. Been missed, and would be a much welcomed addition back.

The only real concern becomes.. how have the affects of 8 years of being deeply embedded in enemy territory affected him. Is he still sane??

Surely someone is going to say something about a dolphin eventually, given this thread title.
    Last edited by FFL_Recruiter; 04-30-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Gary returns????????????????? Good dude...but he's got some 'splaining to do!

Great poster ... I hope he does come back.

Nice guy and perfect mod. Heard he's burnt out with football but I'm sure he'll come around for the Superbowl parties around here.

He's like a guy who wandered the jungles of Cambodia for a decade after 'Nam. It will take him a while to get acclimated to living in civilized society once again, but he will come back.

Great Poster, I hope he comes back

Yep, I'm back. But nod as a mod, so stop trying to recruit me. ;)

Iggloo's reply pretty much sums it up.

As WIZ said, I'm a little burned out from football, although I found myself checking in on things periodically today so this "addiction" is hard to break.

As for the Eagles, I'm not a fan of Michael Vick's game or his past, and I try to root for him but I just can't do it. I'm not a believer. I could go on for a whole thread about why I think "playmaking" quarterbacks ultimately fail vs. why "pocket" quarterbacks ultimately win, but that would hijack this thread.

Anyhoosle, you Eagle fans will be glad to know I must have been a curse on the Redskins the last nine seasons. My record: 59-88. That's a whole lot of losing. And now you know why I'm burned out.

I'll be hanging around...

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    I could go on for a whole thread about why I think "playmaking" quarterbacks ultimately fail vs. why "pocket" quarterbacks ultimately win, but that would hijack this thread.
    Hey I made a ton of enemies doing that. Tread carefully. Lol..

...nice to have you back.

I think you'll find that most of us aren't
    thrilled about Vick being the Qb. He's
    just our best option at the moment.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

Good to see you Gary and thanks again for the game tickets. Looking back at my post I made a lot of assumptions as if they were facts, sorry about that.

I gotta say I kind of agree with you on mobile QBs. I once said a QB who can run is like a super model wife who can cook, the running part was strictly a bonus . When the dust settles the guys playing at the end can hit what they are throwing at better than the other guys. Of course all that changes once RGIII comes to town.

Vick isn't Brady, Brees or Rodgers ... that has been established; however he's better than we saw last year when the middle of that OL with two rookies (in a shortened preseason) allowed a ton of pressure. Having one rookie on the OL learning on the job is bad enough, much less two ... skip to year two where they now have a full year under their belts and will also have a full offseason and you'll see a better Vick because of it. Let's not forget DeSean Jackson with crucial drops all year and thinking more about his contract situation than what was happening on the field. I think a happy DJax goes back to being a more productive DJax. Add in Maclin not being 100% for most of the year with what he had going on early, a Defense which couldn't hold anyone from scoring once they got close .... there were sooo many other factors to this team not making the playoffs than Vick. It's easy to just blame everything on him, but if things around Vick improve a bit I think he's more than capable of getting us to the dance.

Like I said the Eagles had a great draft that addressed a lot of needs, obviously. But did they do enough to improve that shaky OL? I can't pretend to be up to date on all your offseason signings but I do know that you lost an All Pro OT and that can't be good.

I sadly think Flipper is 100% right on Vick. He is not the answer and this team will never win with him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast