Thread: UDFA's

UDFA's

Aside from Owusu, who is a 2nd/3rd round talent, who are these kids Rob or anyone else?

Chris Owusu, WR, Stanford

Brian Tymes, WR, FAMU

Nathan Palmer, WR, NIU

Garrett Celek, TE, Michigan State

DaJuan Cofield, RB, San Jose State

Jewel Hampton, RB, Southern Illinois

Al Netter, OG, Northwestern

Kevin Murphy, OT, Harvard

Patrick Butrym, DT, Wisconsin

Tony Jerod-Eddie, DL, Texas A&M

Matthew Masifilo, DE, Stanford

Joe Holland, OLB, Purdue

Johnson Bademosi, CB, Stanford

Michael Thomas, S, Stanford

Georgio Tavecchio K, Cal
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

I like Matt Masifilo. He started at 3-4 DE the past two years. He also played inside at DT.

He's versatile, tough, INTENSE, has a GOOD MOTOR, he HUSTLES and COMPETES, has reasonably good strength at POA, solid quickness, does a good job staying low and plays w/ leverage, very solid bullrusher, can get in the backfield, sets the edge and plays the run well, good anchor.

He's not very explosive and lacks a real good initial burst. Doesn't possess much in the way of a passrush arsenal. Lacks any real counter-moves. Only marginal range beyond the tackles.
    CB: *Trae Waynes, MI State; *Jalen Collins, LSU; Cam Thomas, W. KY; *Al Louis-Jean, BC - OLB: Hau'oli Kikaha, WA - DE: *Shawn Oakman, Baylor; *Xavier Cooper, WA State; Travis Raciti, SJ State - OG: Tre Jackson, FL St.; Laken Tomlinson, Duke; S: *Karl Joseph, WVA; *Durell Eskridge, Syra.; Isaiah Johnson, GA Tech.; WR: *Jaelen Strong, AZ State; Kasen Williams, WA; Geremy Davis, UConn

You can pretty much pencil in Owusu on the Practice Squad right now.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

I was going to ask about that. When another team offers a contract to one of our PS players, they have to make them one of their 53-on-roster, right? But do we get the chance to make a counter-offer, or is it a done deal? And does the player have to *take* the deal offered?
    IJWT...

Quote Originally Posted by ColoNiner View Post
    I was going to ask about that. When another team offers a contract to one of our PS players, they have to make them one of their 53-on-roster, right? But do we get the chance to make a counter-offer, or is it a done deal? And does the player have to *take* the deal offered?
    Don't know the specifics but i'd imagine you could counter offer but it would mean you have to release someone on your roster so that's why teams generally let the guys go. I don't think any player HAS to take an offer to play anywhere so it would be up to Owusu. If you sign someone from another teams PS tho yes you do have to sign them to the roster.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoNiner View Post
    I was going to ask about that. When another team offers a contract to one of our PS players, they have to make them one of their 53-on-roster, right? Correct

But do we get the chance to make a counter-offer, or is it a done deal? It's a done deal if the player signs with another team. Graham Harrell was going to be signed off GB's practice squad last year but he let them know and GB signed him to their 53 man roster instead. He didn't have to do that though, he could have went with the new team interested and that'd be it.

And does the player have to *take* the deal offered? He gets to negotiate like any free agent but in reality a guy making $100k on the PS isn't really in a prime position to ask for more than minimum type salaries
    There ya go.