Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaEagles View Post
    A - Because Reid must of been readin my stuff on here saying how we needed to go D D D D D....He nailed it. Then tried to find some training camp fodder after that.

I HOPE we have two starters out of this bunch with Cox/Mychels and a rotational player with Curry from day one. Not week 8 but the beginning of the season.
    lol...I am sure that Reid comes here for advice :D

Yeah i'm sure it's the first thing Reid does in the morning. =)

Really like what we did in the draft. Solid A minus. For those complaining about Foles, remember that he was a mid third round pick. Remember that odds are most of the players who the draftniks on the board will not be impact players or will be out of this league in 3 years. The draft is crapshoot. If the kid does not turn out to be a player believe me life will go on. This team is deep as it is. I trust our coaches and our scouts over the opinion on the residents draft gurus on this board.

Solid A

We got quality players throughout the draft, filled a huge hole at linebacker and upgraded a dine that tied for the league lead in sacks last year. We got a stud returner, depth on the oline and even got big wide out.

Now it's up to the coaches to coach these guys up and the players to develope

hands down the best draft i have witnessed from the birds.
    A+

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    A-
    Cox, Kendricks & Curry; Love these 3 picks even though I would have gone a different route. A+
    Foles; Like this pick but would have preferred Osweiler. B
    Boykin; Seems like a good value provided he is the return guy and the nickle/slot CB. B-
    Kelly; Never heard of him. D
    McNutt; Good value which just might pay dividends. B-
    Washington; Won't make team. F
    Brown; Worth the pick. Boom or bust but has a legit chance to impress by the sound of it. B

On paper this looks a world different than previous Reid drafts. Something happened to change things. Lets hope that Reids fingerprints don't mean the kiss of death.
    So you would have stayed at 51 and drafted osweiler instead of having curry and boykin?wow

I'm seeing a lot of low grades on Washington. He's a strong run blocker and has a lot of physical tools to work with. I'm guessing the mental part of the game might be what he would struggle with because he was rated much higher. Athlons mag listed him as prototype for downfield blocking. I like this pick late and better than that tackle we got.

I hope this Washington kid makes it. He left school early hoping to provide for his family after what appears like a rough fatherless childhood.

"I wanted to take care of my mom, my brothers and my sisters. It was so rough living in that neighborhood trying to go to school, sleep and hear gunshots and know what’s going on. I had a mindset early to know what I wanted to be in life. I didn’t want to be what everybody else was being (a drug dealer). I told myself one day I was going to do something to make enough money where I could take care of my mom, take care of my brothers and we’d all get pairs of shoes."

It's definitely an easy Solid A. Cox, Kendrick, & Curry will be impact players this year. Then you have guys like Boykin, McNutt, Washington, & Foles who all have promise. Even if those last 4 don't ever do a thing the 1st 3 alone make it a Solid A. The rest is gravy.

A for being smart and patient!

Seems like an A.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Fletcher Cox- Only gave up a 4th and 6th to get the best DT in the draft class. Huge upside, great pick: A

Mychal Kendricks- Absolute stud LB and my favorite player drafted: A+

Vinny Curry- We all wanted this stud and we got him: A+

Nick Foles- Wasn't happy, Reid you better work your magic on this kid: D+

Brandon Boykin- in the 4th round!? You gotta be kidding me: A+

Dennis Kelly- Who!? Huge guy that super athletic, In Mudd I trust: C+

Marvin McNutt- In the 6th round, ship it! I really like this kid and in the 6th round is a steal: A+

Brandon Washington- Another 6th round guy who was projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder, like it: A-

Bryce Brown- Sure why not: C

Overall grade: A-

Best draft I've ever seen Andy have. Great job boys!
    Last edited by Birds4life81; 04-29-2012 at 07:20 PM.

All HOF'ers. A+++
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by TIME IS NOW View Post
    So you would have stayed at 51 and drafted osweiler instead of having curry and boykin?wow
    So thats how you interpreted my comments........strange but hey, whatever
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Excellent draft. I give it an B+. It would have been an A if Reid didnt try his outsmart the world thing with the QB pick in RD 3. But hey all in all we got great Value and NEED picks. Its rare you are able to do both in a draft and we did it. Kudos.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast