Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Players I DO NOT want in the 1st

I usually post a topic of this nature before the draft so here is my 2012 list;

1. Q. Coples......over-rated. He is a 1st round bust?
    2. D. Still......good 2nd round choice, not 1st
    3. C. Upshaw.....just think his ability is limited, 2nd round OK
    4. Any OLine player not named Kalil. I love Decastro but he is not a need player nor the best value
    5. W. Mercilus....doesn't fit the Eagles scheme although I do think he is a good player
    6. D. Hightower.....good 2nd round pick, not 1st
    7. D. Poe....not sold on him and he doesn't fit the new Eagles DL mold
    8. R. Tanenhill.....over-rated. Not 1st round talent

All players would be welcome in the 2nd round, just not the 1st round.
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Ryan Tannehill
    Fletcher Cox
    Michael Brockers
    Dontari Poe
    Cordy Glenn
    Jonathan Martin
    Whitney Mercilius
    Chandler Jones
    Mike Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Stat Quo View Post
    Ryan Tannehill
    Fletcher Cox
    Michael Brockers
    Dontari Poe
    Cordy Glenn
    Jonathan Martin
    Whitney Mercilius
    Chandler Jones
    Mike Adams
    Surprised at your selection of Cox but I definitely agree with and forgot about Chandler being a possibility. That would make he sick.
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.

Just not really sold on any of the DL as far as trading up or drafting at #15. I would much rather see the Eagles take Kirkpatrick, Gilmore, Floyd, Kuechly or Barron. Watch they will take someone like Hill, Wright, Jenkins or Hightower when no one was talking about them.

My do not want list:

Positions I don't want at all:
    DE, RB, K, P (big shock on those two)

Positions I don't want at 15:
    S, WR, TE, CB (unless somehow Morris Claiborne slides), C, G

Players I don't want to trade up for:
    Ryan Tannehill
    Any top T (Kalil & Reiff)
    David DeCastro
    Mark Barron

Anyone on that last list, if they slide to 15, I'm fine with them in terms of value, provided the players I really want (Kuechly and Brockers) are gone.

Trade down!

My list of guys who I would take is much shorter...

Claiborne, Tannehill, Cox, S.Hill and Brockers. Thats about it.
    Last edited by swat; 04-26-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert719 View Post
    My do not want list:
    Positions I don't want at all:
    DE, RB, K, P (big shock on those two)
    Henry was one of the league's worst punters last year, but traditionally you can get as good a punter prospect as an UDFA as a drafted guy. Wouldn't mind seeing them get some competition for Lewis as the 2nd/3rd RB, but not with an early pick as long as McCoy remains healthy. We're OK with Babin and Cole as the (aging) DE starters, but unless the team is willing to bet on Graham being 100% back next year, would like to see them grab some depth/potential there as well on Day 3 if the right opportunity presented itself.

For me, I wouldn't be especially happy with Poe or Jenkins at #15, or Burfict in any round. I think Tannehill has been overhyped as the next QB prospect in line after Luck and RGIII were spoken for, but he's nowhere near the same quality prospect as those two guys.
    Last edited by tagryn; 04-26-2012 at 01:46 AM.

There are punters we could bring in as competition as free agents. Mat McBriar is available and he's one of the best, but he struggled with turf toe last year. Daniel Supelveda is also available.

Coples
    Perry
    Cox
    Reiff
    any WR
    Jenkins
    Martin

Hightower will be selected as an interior LB by the Steelers and will play in Pro Bowls for about a decade. Mark my words...

I could see the Steelers picking David over Hightower.

I'm surprised to see Cox, Coples and Poe on so many DO NOT DRAFT lists here. I think all three have tremendous upside with our coaching and scheme and most importantly - time. None of these players would have to justify their picks by starting right away. We have amazing starters, who will be terrific mentors on and off the field at each of their positions. They would certainly get reps in rotation and could become dominant. I'd have no problem with them as Eagles, if my primary target was gone.
    While cynics whine about what the Eagles haven't done. Real Eagle fans focus on what we should do.

Steelers already have their mack backer in Timmons. They need a buck backer like Hightower. ravens could jump and scoop him though.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgecoach View Post
    I'm surprised to see Cox, Coples and Poe on so many DO NOT DRAFT lists here. I think all three have tremendous upside with our coaching and scheme and most importantly - time. None of these players would have to justify their picks by starting right away. We have amazing starters, who will be terrific mentors on and off the field at each of their positions. They would certainly get reps in rotation and could become dominant. I'd have no problem with them as Eagles, if my primary target was gone.
    You listed the 3 most likely 1st round busts. Coples will bust. UNC (-), motor (-), looks better than he plays(-).

Cox is top heavy. He will get moved around. It takes years to build those legs up, if ever. High drafted DTs bust like hotcakes.

Poe is intriguing and could be taught the game but maybe he doesn't have the instincts or inner anger to use his size to its potential.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast