Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mayock mock - Jones to Bears

yeah, another mock. if so, I hope mayock is right.
    "three years from now, he might be the best defensive player to come out of this draft"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-d...-mayock/150251

interesting take on the browns picks. going blackmon/martin instead of richardson/??.

I vote for the best defensive player to come out of this draft!!!
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Me too!
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

I would take what he said about Jones with a grain of salt. 3 years ago he said the exact same thing about DE Robert Ayers who was drafted by the Broncos. Said Ayers "might be the best defensive player from this draft in 3 years." Well it's been three years and the best defensive player from the 2009 draft has been Clay Matthews.

I still like Mayock a lot and respect him as an analyst, but there are some things he says that I don't really pay attention to.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

OT, any beast from Alabama, Fleener or WR will work at 19.
    I think we can get another WR (JEnkins) and DB later
    Roll the dice on linemen/lb for the rest of the draft
    Slightly better Jay, different day

Seems like a lot of guys have been mentioned as the best 3 years or more from now. I actually read that about Tim Couch Jr.... Oops, i mean Tannehill this year.

That said I like Jones more and more at 19.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

I'm not so sure Jones makes it to 19.

After listening to Mayock and Davis rave about this guy, can't help but want the team to pick him tomorrow! Crazy measurables and he still has lots of room to grow

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    I'm not so sure Jones makes it to 19.
    You may be right. But as I look at this, one of the R1 DEs will. It might be Coples or Upshaw instead. But very likely someone worthy will be there.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    You may be right. But as I look at this, one of the R1 DEs will. It might be Coples or Upshaw instead. But very likely someone worthy will be there.
    Right. I wasn't disputing that fact. I'd much rather have Coples over Upshaw...who is dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolhandluke View Post
    yeah, another mock. if so, I hope mayock is right.
    "three years from now, he might be the best defensive player to come out of this draft"

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-d...-mayock/150251
    Can I use this to check something off my Bold Predictions list?

(didn't think so)..

I think this is a well laid out mock from Mayock, quite realistic, altho one has to wonder now if Chandler will ever make it to 19. He has become the most talked about player on the D side of the ball going into the draft, which bodes well for him, maybe not so well for us. When so many people are singing praises, it increases the likelihood of one draft room from 18 on down that is leaning toward a DE grabbing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Shore Drive View Post
    I think this is a well laid out mock from Mayock, quite realistic, altho one has to wonder now if Chandler will ever make it to 19. He has become the most talked about player on the D side of the ball going into the draft, which bodes well for him, maybe not so well for us. When so many people are singing praises, it increases the likelihood of one draft room from 18 on down that is leaning toward a DE grabbing him.
    TRUST ME....HE WILL BE THERE AT #19 IF WE WANT HIM. MOST WILL TRADE BEHIND US (AS THE CONSENSUS) THINK HE WILL BE PICKED IN THE LATER PART OF THE FIRST ROUND. THEY MAY WANT HIM...BUT THEY WILL TRADE BEHIND US.....MARK MY WORDS

Quote Originally Posted by TBATB54 View Post
    Right. I wasn't disputing that fact. I'd much rather have Coples over Upshaw...who is dropping.
    You don't want Coples. He gave himself a "C" for effort and he won't be motivated once he gets a few mill in his bank account. Alonzo Spellman pt. 2.
    Darkness can only be lit, not fought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast