Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    There is so much love for Jones right now. Mayock said that 3 years from now Chandler Jones will be the best defensive player that came out of this draft. Lombardi agreed that he's the best defensive player in this draft. Ahead of Claiborne. Ahead of Cox. While I like Jones' potential, I think the dude must have the best agent ever. Mayock and Lombardi decided that the economy is tight and NFL Network didn't give them the raises they asked for so their praise goes to the highest bidder.

I say stay at 15 and take Dre Kirkpatrick.

I hope they trade up. Will be very interesting if both Tannehill and Cox are sitting there when we make the trade up. Id be very happy with either but Id prefer the QB. Been talking about these 2 for months.

I have pushed for Cox all offseason, and I wold give up a #2 with #15 to get him. Cox is far and away THE BEST defensive tackle in this draft - bar none. No flaws. a very safe pick. the best fit period. They can still address all of the other needs after that.
    They've already conpletely blown the Asante deal by holding onto him so long, when they could have gotten multiple picks for him last year. They are incompetent, Guys. So, I am not holding my breath that they won't screw us again this year. We will see if they have learned anything. If not, then Lurie and the whole bunch should sell the team to an owner who will hire comnpetent people to run the organization.

old duke - Do some research. They had a deal lined up with Detroit and the reason it didn't go through was because the deal was contingent on Detroit's end with Asante restructuring his contact and Asante wouldn't play ball. This is directly from McLane who reported the original story. It wasn't because the Eagles were holding out for more. Now the Eagles probably could have taken lesser compensation last year from a team that was willing to trade for Asante as a 1-year rental. That's fair game to criticize. Bringing in Nnamdi or DRC at all or changing the scheme so that one of your prime players no longer fits the scheme and/or incorrectly believing one of the 3 players was capable of playing slot CB is fair game. However, if you're going to criticize them "blowing the Asante deal", then get the facts straight about what happened last year.

I also agree they move up to 7 and take Cox.I like to compare him to Gerald McCoy who tampa drafted in 2010.I believe Cox will have a much better pro career than McCoy though.In the wide 9 Cox should thrive in that scheme.

Brockers unless a top tenner falls to 15.

I'll take my shot at a mock without trades

1-S.Gilmore CB
    2-L.David WLB
    2-D.wolfe DT
    3-B.Quick WR
    4-A.Allen SS
    5-A.Datko OT
    6-M.Smith RB
    6-V.Meatoga NT
    6-D.Moss WR
    7-J.Francis DE

Eagles trade down with NE - 15 for 27 and 62.

1-27: Coby Fleener TE Stanford
    2-46: Devon Still DT Penn State
    2-51: Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma
    2-62: Bobby Wagner LB Utah State
    3-88: T.Y. Hilton WR/KR Florida International
    4-114: Tom Compton OT South Dakota
    5-153: Antonio Allen S South Carolina
    6-172: Tim Fugger DE Vanderbilt
    6-194: Tahir Whitehead LB Temple
    6-200: Austin Davis QB Southern Miss
    7-229: Jason Slowey C/G Western Oregon

Don't see tight end at all. I would be highly upset if our draft starts that way. I think they absolutely love Cox but it remains to be seen if they can pull off a trade. He would be a great fit. Big, strong, and fast, this kid hasn't even put it all together yet.

Lot of scenarios have Dontari Poe falling to us. Would that be a good thing?

I say they stay pay and take the best player available

1. Colts Luck
    2. Redskins RG3
    3. Vikings Kalil
    4. Browns Richardson
    5. Bucs Claiborne
    6. Rams Blackmon
    7. Jax Ingram
    8. Miami Tannehill
    9. Carolina Cox
    10. Buffalo Gilmore
    11. KC DeCastro
    12. Seattle Coples
    13. Arizona Reiff
    14. Dallas Barron
    15. Eagles Kuechly
    While cynics whine about what the Eagles haven't done. Real Eagle fans focus on what we should do.

The Eagles have wheeling and dealing in there blood. My guess is what most others are saying and that is the Eagles trade up to Pick 7 and draft Cox. If by chance Cox get's picked before pick 7 the Eagles will trade down instead and end up with Micheal Brockers.

I was reading the Pro Football Weekly guide on Chandler Jones and they had him as a first rounder all along, saying he has great motor and a huge frame. But they think he lacks the speed and quickness to be a major pass rusher off the edge, which seemingly makes him a poor fit for the wide nine.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    old duke - Do some research. They had a deal lined up with Detroit and the reason it didn't go through was because the deal was contingent on Detroit's end with Asante restructuring his contact and Asante wouldn't play ball. This is directly from McLane who reported the original story. It wasn't because the Eagles were holding out for more. Now the Eagles probably could have taken lesser compensation last year from a team that was willing to trade for Asante as a 1-year rental. That's fair game to criticize. Bringing in Nnamdi or DRC at all or changing the scheme so that one of your prime players no longer fits the scheme and/or incorrectly believing one of the 3 players was capable of playing slot CB is fair game. However, if you're going to criticize them "blowing the Asante deal", then get the facts straight about what happened last year.
    I-Njt: You answered your own criticism. I didn't specify the Detroit scenario. If they couldn't get that deal done, there were tohers that could have gotten done. They just sat on the detroit deal and thought they could get more. And you are correct that they screwed Asante with the new scheme. He was their best playmaker. Good teams don't do that. Those are the facts my friend!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast