Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post your last mock draft before Thursday

I know I have done about 100. Might as well make it 101.

(1) 30. OG- Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
    (2) 61. S- Brandon Taylor, LSU
    (3) 92. DE- Tyrone Crawford, Boise State
    (4) 125. WR- Marvin Jones, Cal
    (5) 165. MLB- Audie Cole, N.C. State
    (6) 199. OLB- Jacquies Smith, Missouri
    (7) 237. WR- Tim Benford, Tennessee Tech
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

1. (30) - OG Amini Silatolu, Midwestern State
    2. (61) - DE Jared Crick, Nebraska
    3. (92) - SS Antonio Allen, South Carolina
    4. (125) - OLB Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy
    5. (165) - DT Hebron Fangupo, Brigham Young
    6. (199) - WR Chris Owusu, Stanford
    7. (237) - OC Chris Anzevino, Kent State
    Last edited by Danish49ers; 04-25-2012 at 09:55 AM.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of a OG in the first round, but I have to say I like Maiocco's mock.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...52&feedID=5936

1. (30) CB-Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
    2. (61) OL-Jeff Allen, Illinois
    3. (92) WR-Greg Childs, Arkansas
    4. (125) S-Markelle Martin,Oklahoma State
    5. (165) DT-Kheeston Randall, Texas
    6. (199) LB-Najee Goode, West Virginia
    7. (237) WR-Chris Owusu, Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    I'm not thrilled with the idea of a OG in the first round, but I have to say I like Maiocco's mock.

I really like his first three picks.
    CB: *Marcus Peters, WA; *Trae Waynes, MI St.; *Jalen Collins, LSU; Cam Thomas, W. KY; Julian Wilson, OK; Eric Murray, MN - OLB: Hau'oli Kikaha, WA - ILB: Denzel Perryman, Mia.; Eric Kendricks, UCLA; DE: *Shawn Oakman, Baylor; Henry Anderson, Stan.; *Xavier Cooper, WA St.; *Sheldon Day, N.D.; Travis Raciti, SJ St.; - NT: Danny Shelton, WA; S: Kurtis Drummund, MI St.; *Karl Joseph, WVA; *Durell Eskridge, Syra.; WR: *Jaelen Strong, AZ St.; Kasen Williams, WA; Kevin White, WVA; Geremy Davis, UConn

30. Chandler Jones, OLB, Cuse.
    Paraag MaraTHE MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post

That is a nice mock.

I wonder if we go WR a bit higher though as a Randy Moss insurance policy. I thought about going WR in round 1 or 2. I don't think there is any way we flame out at WR like we did last year and Im not sure Streeter would make any kind of real impact as a rookie.

Just my two cents.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

Really like Isaiah Pead in the 3rd round if they are gonna take a guy there. Rather that pick be a safety however.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

I don't think we will be looking for Randy Moss "insurance", if anything it will be a Randy Moss heir apparent, there was even an article on NFL.com today talking about how confident Harbaugh is Moss will contribute.

Admittedly I'm a fan of his but that's probably because I typically root for the heels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g <--- will always be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I don't think we will be looking for Randy Moss "insurance", if anything it will be a Randy Moss heir apparent, there was even an article on NFL.com today talking about how confident Harbaugh is Moss will contribute.

Admittedly I'm a fan of his but that's probably because I typically root for the heels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g <--- will always be funny.
    I remember him saying he was confident in Braylon Edwards as well last year. Just sayin.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    I remember him saying he was confident in Braylon Edwards as well last year. Just sayin.
    Yep, so where was our "Braylon Insurance" then? I think you just kind of proved my point in a way.

Yep, so where was our "Braylon Insurance" then? I think you just kind of proved my point in a way.
    And he got burnt so hopefully he learnt his lesson.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

Yeah hopefully. I'm on board with the train of thought that we should get a big time WR this year to groom for the future. Moss/Ginn probably won't be back in 2013, Crabtree/Manningham have huge salaries that they have to live up to or they will be on the bubble themselves, and then there is Kyle Williams and Brett Swain....yeah, I'd say getting that future #1 is a need.

We only kept 5 WRs a year ago but I could see us going with 6 and keeping 4 ILBs instead of 5 since Rock Cartwright sort of fills Moran Norris/Blake Costanzo's roles all by himself...we wouldn't have to give up depth elsewhere in this scenario.

My thing is if you draft a raw guy like Stephen Hill for instance he isn't going to be insurance because he is going to take time to develop. He'd be the heir apparent to Moss. I'm sure Harbaugh will put whoever we bring in in a position to make some plays but I wouldn't count on a rookie coming in and putting up big numbers year 1.
    Last edited by Jason; 04-25-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Stephen Hill is talented enough he will make plays as a rookie. I have no doubt. He won't be a starter, but he is basically an ideal candidate to groom as a 3rd/4th WR for a year. And I could easily see him catching 4 or 5 TDs, possibly long ones.

He has all the natural skills great WR's (hands, adjustment, ability to catch in traffic and use his hands etc) need and then physical talent that very few in the league have.

What he lacks is the targets and experience running pro style routes. But he is a good blocker. I think he's a perfect fit, but I also think he's not going to be there for us.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

On a small planet floating within a mystery
    Yeah hopefully. I'm on board with the train of thought that we should get a big time WR this year to groom for the future. Moss/Ginn probably won't be back in 2013, Crabtree/Manningham have huge salaries that they have to live up to or they will be on the bubble themselves, and then there is Kyle Williams and Brett Swain....yeah, I'd say getting that future #1 is a need.

We only kept 5 WRs a year ago but I could see us going with 6 and keeping 4 ILBs instead of 5 since Rock Cartwright sort of fills Moran Norris/Blake Costanzo's roles all by himself...we wouldn't have to give up depth elsewhere in this scenario.

My thing is if you draft a raw guy like Stephen Hill for instance he isn't going to be insurance because he is going to take time to develop. He'd be the heir apparent to Moss. I'm sure Harbaugh will put whoever we bring in in a position to make some plays but I wouldn't count on a rookie coming in and putting up big numbers year 1.
    Also - Spillman is STer and contributing S this year.

They certainly have room to carry 6 wrs the way hte roster is shaping up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast