View Poll Results: This year's NBA MVP is...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Durant

2 16.67%
  • Lebron James

9 75.00%
  • Other

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba mvp

Nba mvp

Simple question, who is the MVP? I figure it's down to Lebron or Durant. Kevin Love was sneaking up into the race, but unfortunately got injured.

Lebron, period. Durant is amazing and most definitely an MVP caliber player. Lebron just simply does more to impact the game overall than Durant. He's a better playmaker and he's a top 5 at worst defender in this league while beinng right there in scoring and rebounding.

Love was never in it IMO. Great season, but with the quality of his team and the guys in front of him, his ceiling was always 3rd place.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

LeBron. Is there a reason Chris Paul's never been in this discussion? The team floundered a bit when Billups went down, but the 34-game turnaround is primarily his doing.

Yup, plus Paul,Butler and Nick Young, down Gordon,Kaman and Aminu. Its not like Blake or Jordan has really improved. He's probably 3rd now with the Wolves out of the playoffs.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I hate Lebron, but its him....he had one of the most efficient season's in the history of the NBA.

I'd take Durant over him in the 4th quarter though with a handful of other guys...

If you don't vote Lebron this year... you're just hating.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...a-mvp-saturday

Lebron it is. 3 time MVP. Can he match MJ's 5? I think it's very possible, though MJ should have about 7 or 8 at least.

Lebron is MVP of the first three quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Lebron is MVP of the first three quarters.
    Weren't the Cavs one of the best 4th QT teams when he was there? Amazing how people can selectively use a few games to build someone's reputation for them.

I know LeBron's stunk it up in some playoff games, never has played great in the NBA Finals, but I also remember that game in Detroit and the Orlando series where he just about single-handedly extended that series to 6 games. And he usually takes teams farther than you'd expect them to go.

Hell, just last year the story heading into the Finals was Miami's great 4th QT's with LeBron against the Celtics & Bulls.

yes Igg and the haters have selective memories. Lebron has had some big time 4th Q performances throughout his playoff career. They just didn't come last year in the Finals. It's now attached to him regardless until he proves otherwise.

You know, Donovan McNabb was really great in the fourth quarter in the regular season. Some great performances....

Lebron is a choker, compared to Michael Jordan and maybe even Dwayne Wade. Compared to most everyone else, he is incredibly clutch and Iggloo, your commentary on him is incredibly biased and irrational. If that's what you are aiming for, so be it, but it should at least be noted that your comments don't reflect reality. The Bulls and Celtics' series weren't in the regular season for one.

In other words, he is not an all-time great, as he does not belong in conversations with Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Olajuwon...or by your own admission, even Dwayne Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    In other words, he is not an all-time great, as he does not belong in conversations with Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Olajuwon...or by your own admission, even Dwayne Wade.
    I wouldn't place him in the same class as those first 8 that you named.

Fair or not, while LeBron may have all the necessary bells and whistles (3 MVPs, arguably the most physically talented player ever in BBall or maybe sports period) To be a great player and certified hall of famer.

He needs some meat and potatoes. Meat and potatoes = multiple NBA championships and at least one NBA Finals MVP. To be placed in that class.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Lebron is a choker, compared to Michael Jordan and maybe even Dwayne Wade. Compared to most everyone else, he is incredibly clutch
    Yes, I don't get why other players aren't compared in the same way as LeBron. Is Kevin Durant clutch? What about Chris Paul? LeBron has to be near the top (active) no matter how you look at it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast