View Poll Results: Should the gov't bail out Detroit if it goes bust?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 20.00%
  • No

12 80.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Detroit is about to go bust

Should the federal gov't bail it out?

Why.

They (detroit) should just raise taxes. Always works.....
    My name is Mongo. I like to dance.....

You just made up that option? Why?
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Let Detroit sink into the 3rd world. There have been umpteen attempts to recover the landslide of failure among the public in Detroit and every attempt has failed miserably. The crime rate is sky high, the inner city is so saturated with dealers, gangs, welfare leaches and losers that even someone as optimistic as myself has no answer for the state of reality in Detroit. It's at a point where nothing short of a FEMA evacuation and population placement scattered around the country with some basic assistance is going to work. The simple problem is the super concentration of people who are utterly incapable of raising kids right, getting educated and building functional businesses. It's a terrible mess and our media has not really wanted to talk about it and deal with it.

Regardless, when Detroit goes bust (and it WILL go bust, I'll guarantee it, short of a complete cultural turnaround by the population) we are all going to have to deal with the fall out anyway of a failed liberal hand-out system that didn't expect people to obey the law, get an education and go to work for a living. Right now Detroit is largely living off the tax revenue of a minority of people who escaped to the suburbs surrounding the inner city and off of Federal relief money that keeps getting injected into this wasteland.
    Last edited by thelittlecheese; 04-24-2012 at 02:04 AM.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Does it matter that Detroit is a big point of entry from Canada?
    "Let's eat Grandma!"..."Let's eat, Grandma!"
    Punctuation saves lives.

The heavens declare Your glory - X Structure at the Core of Whirlpool Galaxy

And to think, I actually wanted to live there at one time?
    "Biologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed but rather evolved." - Francis Crick.

"For since the creation of the world, God's invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

"It's one reason I hate reading what Tyke writes. It just annoys the hell out of me." - Big Pink Monkey

California is next.
    The cake is a lie. I'm pretty sure the numbers in the pie chart are made up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    California is next.
    There are a number of major cities in trouble and these examples are virtually insolvent right now:

Jefferson County, Alabama
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Stockton, California

These are examples of places on the verge of complete collapse. The first two have run away crime and political corruption which threatens to put them in 3rd world status. Places you DON'T want to live. There are also other major cities in trouble in coming years. All of them are Democrat controlled havens. When you don't have the money to give, put a conservative in there to cut the spending and lift the business regulations. Democrats can't stop the social engineering spending. They just keep regulating, taxing and spending on social programs rather than letting the people grow their own wealth.
    Last edited by thelittlecheese; 04-24-2012 at 06:02 AM.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    California is next.
    Christ....people don't get California at all...the problem is that peole don't realize that California is well....damned huge....you could as well be talking about a region really....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Cities have always struggled, then boomed, then struggled, etc... as gasoline prices go up and suburban 'manufacturing'/ job growth goes down... people cycle back into the cities.

Many of the issues involving cities revolve around their City Council members and their lack of vision beyond tomorrow.
    I promise I won't do it again

Yes, we should let a major city in the United States of America crash and burn, turning into a huge cesspool of crime, drugs and hopelessness.
    Fear is the mind killer

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    There are a number of major cities in trouble and these examples are virtually insolvent right now:

Jefferson County, Alabama
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    Stockton, California

These are examples of places on the verge of complete collapse. The first two have run away crime and political corruption which threatens to put them in 3rd world status. Places you DON'T want to live. There are also other major cities in trouble in coming years. All of them are Democrat controlled havens. When you don't have the money to give, put a conservative in there to cut the spending and lift the business regulations. Democrats can't stop the social engineering spending. They just keep regulating, taxing and spending on social programs rather than letting the people grow their own wealth.
    There isn't 'runaway crime' in Harrisburg. It's not a good situation, as police have been slashed, so big surprise. But I travel in that city all the time. My wife works in that city.
    Corruption, yeah. The incinerator was a huge mess. And the current mayor is a doucher first class. Our last mayor bought millions of dollars of cowboy memorobilia, thinking he would start some cowboy museum in the city. He has a big hardon for cowboy stuff.... Sure, something like that would work in a NorthEast city... We're currently selling that crap off for a fraction of what it cost.
    linky dinky
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

<shrug> I give it until April at the outside, so they're tagline won't really matter. -Jim in NYC
    proof!

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    turning into a huge cesspool of crime, drugs and hopelessness.
    We're talking about Detroit, this has already happened.

Raze it, have OCP build the new Delta City, and let the Robo Coppin' begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    Yes, we should let a major city in the United States of America crash and burn, turning into a huge cesspool of crime, drugs and hopelessness.
    If they want to fix it, no need for a Federal bailout, just call in this guy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast